Game-Labs Forum

HMS Trincomalee

The Beautiful Trincomalee. The ultimate chase ship.

kLLWtub.png

• Trincomalee was built in from Teak in India by the master shipbuilder Jamshoot Wadia
  • Wadia Group is still operating in India and owns multiple businesses including an airline and a cricket team
  • Trincomalee blueprints were stolen from HMS Java by USS Constitution
  • HMS Java was originally French sailing under name of "Renommee"
  • Trincomalee was built based on the Leda Class designs
  • Leda class design was based on the French ship "Hebe"
  • Hebe was captured in combat by HMS Rainbow which was the first combat use of the Carronades
  • Hebe was designed by Jacques Sane
  • Sane also designed the Ocean, Duguay-Trouin, the Redoutable. A lot of ships at Trafalgar were designed by Sane
  • Trincomalee was a training ship alongside HMS Implacable. Implacable was at Trafalgar under the name Duguay-Trouin
  • Trincomalee operated till 1986
  • These days Trincomalee is the oldest British warship afloat!
  • Teak needs to be buffed we think.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

"Turban man" is her second  figurehead, It was carved in England 1845. 

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/people/figurehead-hartlepools-iconic-hms-trincomalee-be-restored-and-put-display-1556339

Can't find any pic of the original though....

Btw: she maybe sexy but her heels are a bit high..... The real "10"  (after Indefatigable was rechristened 4th rate) is Endymion

I guess devs know that, why else would Endy need a rare permit :)

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, admin said:

kLLWtub.png

• Trincomalee was built in from Teak in India by the master shipbuilder Jamshoot Wadia
  • Wadia Group is still operating in India and owns multiple businesses including an airline and a cricket team
  • Hebe was captured in combat by HMS Rainbow which was the first combat use of the Carronades
  • Sane also designed the Ocean, Duguay-Trouin, the Redoutable. A lot of ships at Trafalgar were designed by Sane
  • Trincomalee was a training ship alongside HMS Implacable. Implacable was at Trafalgar under the name Duguay-Trouin

Does that means that all owners of NA-full edition will receive Hebe frigate in form of remade/remodeled/repainted Trincomalee as a gift DLC ship?

P.S. And others can get it as DLC (as @z4ys said above)

Edited by Malcolm3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, admin said:

Teak needs to be buffed we think.

Do you think buffed for speed or buffed for strength (considering the long time the wood of the real trinco has survived)?

18 minutes ago, mikawa said:

Do you think buffed for speed or buffed for strength (considering the long time the wood of the real trinco has survived)?

Never understood the speed thing anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Endymion_(1797)#Citations

Apart from this, Endymion was known as the fastest sailing-ship in the Royal Navy during the Age of Sail, logging 14.4 knots (26.7 km/h) sailing large, and nearly 11.0 knots (20.4 km/h) close-hauled.[2]

Oak afaik. Some of her later sister ships were softwood built..("fir" actually pitch pine)

Would be interesting to have their speed figures.

Edited by Jan van Santen

Τhat's a weird train of thought lol. I don't know about the buff. It's already a very popular wood and a good compromise between speed and tankiness. Maybe make some of the existing woods a bit more viable? Like mahogany and caguiarian?

• Like 4

Ну зачем? Зачем топовый фрегат делать DLC?! Чтобы у людей не было стимула крафтить другие корабли этого класса? Сами же у игроков убираете желание поддерживать онлайн и ставить себе цели для крафта.

Edited by Dekillos
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Lukas97Austria said:

Trincomalee is super sexy. 

Also I guess in pirates of the carribeen the trinCo did get a spot on the screen. 

When Barbosa sailed for the British crown to find white cap bay. I am not sure but it reminds me alot of an trincomalee 

Wasn't the Trincomalee, but this ship.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Surprise_(replica_ship)

42 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

P.S. And others can get it as DLC (as @z4ys said above)

No. it wont be an imported ship. It can be captured, sold, traded, etc.. 
Its a normal Trincomalee, without crafter-gatherer gameplay.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Sad. This free Trinco should have at least some unique skin.
Also quite heavy blow for crafters as Trincomalee is the most crafted ship (beside Traders and DLC)

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, admin said:

What @Malcolm3 said above. By making the Trinc a (free) DLC you're not really adding anything to the game, except making a very prolific ship even more prolific. But you are reducing a lot of content for all crafters and also from clan-play.

The Trinc is one of the best ships to craft for crafting XP, since it is easily sold on the market, or can be given away to new clan-members that are ranking up or learning PvP.

The Trincomalee is indeed a beautiful ship  that you and Game-labs should rightfully be proud of. It is one of my favourite ships both to sail and to look at. But it doesn't get any more appreciated by making it a DLC, since it already is a very well appreciated ship. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, admin said:

kLLWtub.png

Good move! It supports that we will see more 5th Rates on Openworld. Thanks you Admin. Good Patch

Thank you for this ship.

Will have to learn how to play with her.

Still remember one of the first times i saw her being superbly handled long long long ago, by @Leviathan, and thought.... now that's an ugly ship that actually moves cool :D

I'm confused.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Teak needs to be buffed we think.

45 minutes ago, admin said:

For me it says "Buff Teak, and Trinc won't be DLC. " From this, everyone seems to understand precisely what is coming. I don't. Perhaps it's because I am old and my brain is a little sluggish, or because my crystal ball is a little cloudy these days. Could you wise guys with more foresight please enlighten me?

15 minutes ago, van Veen said:

I'm confused.

For me it says "Buff Teak, and Trinc won't be DLC. " From this, everyone seems to understand precisely what is coming. I don't. Perhaps it's because I am old and my brain is a little sluggish, or because my crystal ball is a little cloudy these days. Could you wise guys with more foresight please enlighten me?

Hello van Veen

Devs have a different concept of what is a DLC and an Imported ship.

All DLCs are Imported ships (meaning you cannot trade them, gift them, capture them etc)

While Trincomalee is a DLC that will not be an Imported ship, so that you can sell it on auction, or give to a clan member, or someone can capture it from you.

That is my understanding. So Trinco is an "special" DLC

Edited by DarkValver