Game-Labs Forum

Bring Back the Cheat Menu

Psyckosama

I'd very much like the option to just mess around in the instant battle by building strange and impossible ships. Build a per-dreadnought with 1940s technology? Why not?

I just don't understand why it was even removed to begin with.

• Like 4

IIRC the reason the devs gave was that too many people were complaining about bugs caused by the cheat menu. They had no way of filtering them out, and with a small dev team you can't afford to be swamped with bug reports caused by features not intended to be accessible to normal users.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:50 AM, Psyckosama said:

I'd very much like the option to just mess around in the instant battle by building strange and impossible ships. Build a per-dreadnought with 1940s technology? Why not?

I just don't understand why it was even removed to begin with.

I'm with you. I got rather excited when I stumbled across a video that showed the existence of a god mode but when I installed the game it was gone. I was highly disappointed. I mean, actually playing the game fair is all well and good and I've enjoyed many hours of that, but sometimesĀ I want to chew up an enemy battlefleet with a destroyer or other such nonsense!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 2:36 PM, roachbeef said:

IIRC the reason the devs gave was that too many people were complaining about bugs caused by the cheat menu. They had no way of filtering them out, and with a small dev team you can't afford to be swamped with bug reports caused by features not intended to be accessible to normal users.

That's idiotic... just put on a "warning" that this will cause bugs.