Game-Labs Forum

Choosing Course with Mouse

Macker

I bought the game a while back, but I've been waiting to play until it matures a bit. Yesterday I decided to give it a try after watching quite a few of Stealth17 Gaming's videos, and I noticed that during his videos he is able to use his mouse to direct the course of a line of ships. So far, I have only been able to change a ship's course with the rudder slider. I have read about the waypoints, but I don't need those. I just need to alter a ships course, or that of a line of ships like he does (somewhat effortlessly). I read a bit in the Help section and found the keyboard shortcuts, but I still don't see anything that would allow me to simply move my mouse and gently change a ship's course. If any of you have watched his videos you'll know what I'm talking about.

How do you do that? Torpedoes are coming in and you want the ship to make a hard turn to starboard to possibly avoid them or at least some of them. Hmmm. 

In the screenshot, he was able to very quickly change the direction of an entire line of ships. It wouldn't make sense for him to use waypoints, since he's simply trying to change their direction of travel and doesn't have a specific destination in mind.

Screenshot (11).png

Mouse control is just right-clicking into open water. As long as you don't end up clicking on any other ships by accident, your ship will lay in a course toward where you clicked. The closer to your ship and the further toward your aft you click, the tighter the turn will be, though never as tight as with manual rudder control.

In the previous verison I sometimes had clicks not register on highter game-speed settings (x5 and faster), though that seems to have been fixed with the current version. Back then I used to hammer the right-click multiple times - or reduce game-speed for manouvers.

Edited by Norbert Sattler