Game-Labs Forum

Caribbean server playerbase discussion

Kejsaren

13 minutes ago, Swedish Berserker said:

Massimo you are a funny guy we're do u see me cry? As I said multiple times I don't care about SJ it took me a few clicks a Lil money and a few dubs and I had a new shipyard! You are the joke though u got your popo kicket 2, once wile u were in GB and then in denmark, and then Mama Russia gave u SJ and now you feel special. I think this is very very funny! So you go around bumping your chest with FrosT Cuse u beat Sweden and I will go on to post fakts on the forum I'm not crying lol crying is what u Guys did in every Portbattle 😜

I don't see butthurt and frustration in this message. P.s. frost never beat his chest on sweden, you idiot.... stop writing in forum senseless stuff, we all see you have no clue. (that's not a coincidence you're in PURG3) Please, this is getting embarassing!

p.p.s. are you capable of putting any commas in your senseless messages? It gets hard to read.

Edited by Comrade FrosT
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Comrade FrosT said:

I don't see butthurt and frustration in this message. P.s. frost never beat his chest on sweden, you idiot.... stop writing in forum senseless stuff, we all see you have no clue. (that's not a coincidence you're in PURG3) Please, this is getting embarassing!

p.p.s. are you capable of putting any commas in your senseless messages? It gets hard to read.

The only thing embarrassing here is that u can only throw Insults at me lol. 

What's wrong with Purg3? Did we sink u to many times FrosT? 

Excuse me for the Commas my friend but it seems like you have enough brains to figure out my messages anyway! 

As I said many times I'm am not mad about San Juan and I'm not but hurt I just don't like BASTD haha and I will keep posting and if it bothers u I will try to make the comma situation even worse! 

If, u, have, balls, come, fight, with, some real, ships, and stop, hiding, in, the, shallows!! 

• Sad 1

You see, this is why I was trying not to call out Russia specifically when it comes to multiflips and RvR. Other nations have done it too, including Sweden. 

I wish we could stop bringing up the past so much and pouring salt in the wounds. Sure, Sweden was winning a lot more before release and, in the last war, we are the ones who surrendered, but considering how we knew the Russians were also sick of fighting and how the fronts had barely moved since the start of the war months prior, does it really matter who technically won? I don't think so.

There's no point in arguing about the war now. I think it's more important that we focus on keeping our numbers up and making sure that the RvR we have now doesn't become too one-sided.

• Like 5

The problem is that the whole game is centered around rewarding those who are winning. No wonder everyone likes joining the winning side. 

It's not the fault of the players. It's in the game design. 

What is needed is a counter-balancing mechanic in game. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

New player here, just bought the game a few days ago. One of the biggest issues I found is that I have little knowledge of sailing, and what I feel is a lack of finding documentation on game mechanics. Maybe I missed it, but I have many questions about how things work and have to ask people. Sometimes they answer sometimes they dont. I joined a clan which really helps out, and I can see why players who dont have access to one may get frustrated by the easy loss of ships and cost to replace. I would like to make money with crafting but have no idea how to start. There are a few videos out there and they help, but i still would like a better understanding. 

Then when you try to research anything, you see all the posts about the game dying. just salt every where. 

In my view maybe things would help, im sure they have been suggested before:

Better tutorial, like getting becalmed, Im kinda figuring out and can even do it on purpose to change heading quicker but sometime I just get stuck. Maybe have a tool tip that can help illustrate on what to do. It could be turned on and off and show a shadow sail on the hud on which way you should turn sails/rudder. The 4 basics they give are kinda lacking and the exams then jump up skill level. Dont dumb down the exams, just make better content for learning the basics. If im playing against real sailors, then try to teach me so I can maybe stand a chance out there. The issue is when you have an exam there is usually a curriculum, how can you have an exam on a subject you have no knowledge on? 

Have an area or instance where Captians can take out their new ships (at any time) and test them out in open water with dumb targets. So they can learn to shoot,  sail, and handle there ships better before taking them out to get lost. 

Better documentation on who things works. I got Spanish sails in gamer and have no idea how to use them, cant drop them anywhere to work as an example

Set up a command system, (like WWII online) where members of the community become part of the high command. They get to plan on where the nation is attacking to give some sort of order. This way nations have better communication and can be more effective. Think it has been stated that leaders of clans can be part of something like this for moderation. Why note expand on this so they then can accept applications from their nations members who volunteer to promote/ fill roles as needed for high command. this way while players are online there could be member online to watch over the nations interests and goals. Give players who help these goals a small bonus to xp/money/upgrades/etc. to help reinforce group game play

Have a better system for players to group up, I think I can put in chat, or tag ships that sail by. How about a in game group finder? Tag your interests and it can match you players with similar interests. Also have daily orders from High Command, so groups have an idea on the goal for the nation. sure there will be spies but dont put up the secret stuff

Crafting, I dont even know where to begin here? Here im completely lost. The game tells me I can make things, but havent found where it tells me how I do it

Not sure about nation sizes, but I see Rus has ports all over. Not sure if they captured them or they were granted because I have found out how things work yet. But I did buy this game thinking I could take ports and Nations could be at war. And it seems this is stopping as well. There was nothing on the steam page about this and this does make me feel a little cheated. 

Do I feel I wasted $40, we will see. I like the game, been playing every day since I got it. I just feel the Dev made a great game. There will always be salt in online games. But the ball may have been dropped  a few times. None of my suggestions are snap your fingers and it will appear, but just some ideas from my new player view. Thaks for taking the time to read this wall o text

8 hours ago, Admiral Howe of Gibraltar said:

Get your facts right kid.

Sweden never had more ports than the current russian's ones.

Russia back then also attacked pirates and denmark. As a consequence, RUBLI received help from Reverse for attacking Bermudas. 

Russia is just lucky these days as the truly russians are playing along with REDS. Without Ram Dinark or Reverse, REDS would have been destroyed a while ago. We saw the battles where Dinark scored most of the kills.

Haven't you fought against almost every nation after the release? Prussia, dutch, GB, pirates, spain, france, sweden, US, denmark. 

Stop the fake propaganda and look at the mirror.

Do yourself a favor and take a break from video games you hello kittyin wierdo

The game favors dedicated organizers. Most of them have burnt out and left over the years. Apparently all thats left opposing russia are the impotent whine asses who are either ok with squabbling amonst each other, whining on the forum, collaborating, or all 3.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

The game favors dedicated organizers. Most of them have burnt out and left over the years. Apparently all thats left opposing russia are the impotent whine asses who are either ok with squabbling amonst each other, whining on the forum, collaborating, or all 3.

idk try undocking for PVP instead of waiting for someone to grab you by your hand and take you to the open sea :P 

Winner take all system does exactly what it's supposed to do.  It makes losing not fun and losing ones investments, which take a considerable amount of time and effort to build up is even less fun.  Sure everyone plays games for the "mah immersion" and the challenge, but ultimately we play them to have fun.  This game makes losing very difficult to bounce back from and it stops being enjoyable and starts becoming a full time job....which for most of us is not fun.  Games that manage to check all the boxes...fun, rewarding, challenging and difficult.....keeps putting fans in the seats over and over.  NA is missing a few of those boxes and we keep seeing the playerbase fluctuate as a result.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Winner take all system macht genau das, was es tun soll. Es macht Spaß, zu verlieren, macht keinen Spaß, und das Verlieren von Investitionen, deren Aufbau viel Zeit und Mühe kostet, macht noch weniger Spaß. Sicher, jeder spielt Spiele für das "Mah Immersion" und die Herausforderung, aber letztendlich spielen wir sie, um Spaß zu haben. Dieses Spiel macht es sehr schwierig, sich von einem Verlust zu erholen, und es macht keinen Spaß mehr und wird zu einem Vollzeitjob ... was für die meisten von uns keinen Spaß macht. Spiele, die es schaffen, alle Kästchen anzukreuzen ... lustig, lohnend, herausfordernd und schwierig ... bringen die Fans immer wieder auf die Plätze. NA fehlen einige dieser Boxen und wir sehen immer wieder, dass die Spielerbasis infolgedessen schwankt.

You will be pleased that the DEVS will bring even more DLC ships into play. Then you can assemble 5-10 ships at the push of a button, detached from any economy, and then drive them straight to the wall.
That will surely make the game better, brave new World.

Edited by Georg Fromm

I also think the winner-takes-all is the real issue. I find too many players here calling out on zergs, and too many people defending that they are not zergs. It doesn’t really matter. As @Christendom says, playing on the loosing side sucks, because you perceive that you have wasted a lot of time. I don’t blame people for wanting to play on the winning side... it’s reasonable and expected.
Someone asked why a war game needs balancing... well, because it is a game. Not actual war. Games should be sustainable, especially OW, MMO sandboxy games. War is not meant to be sustainable. And what creates content in the game and keeps it fun, interesting and sustainable is that the factions should be in perpetual unstable equilibrium, but near equilibrium. Currently, the game is unbalanced because there is no way to hurt Russia. Sure, they are organised. Sure, they have good players. Sure, they have numbers.That’s all good. Not their fault that they -unwillingly, as a side effect-make the game not-fun, excessively challenging, and frustrating for many. The winner-takes-all mechanisms are the issue.

The game needs a negative feedback. Systems with only positive feedbacks always go towards some boring homogeneous equilibrium... one faction conquering everything. The  only thing stopping Russia from taking everything is that some factions give in, and some have non conquerable ports. 
we need a mechanism that creates difficulties for an over extended empire with a significantly larger player base. The first bit is historical and realistic, the latter is a game artifact, necessary to keep the game heterogeneous, with an unstable equilibrium, and therefore, sustainable.

We should stop the Zerg discussion. Players are not to blame for the imbalance. It only creates a rather absurd conflict between players, and a lot of useless name calling (zergs and whiners apparently). We are all in for the fun, remember that. Game mechanics and the reward system are responsible. Hoping for solution there, and looking forward to ideas from @admin and eager for the patch. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

idk try undocking for PVP instead of waiting for someone to grab you by your hand and take you to the open sea :P 

I only log on for pz, everything else is roleplay nowadays 

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:25 PM, Urchin said:

Russian Nation, that's hilarious. I hope you are vetting these guys strongly because  I'd bet some are the same players telling me they are an alt for another nation and ask to be let go.

More alts sailing traders in Gulf under Russian flag with or without clan tags than any other, especially low to medium ranks.  Easy to pick out, they either flat out tell you, delayed in dropping sail once battle starts, or don't drop sail at all.

The easy solution to alts you tag, if I'm not in the TS with you and in your clan or nation.  Than I'm not an alt of the person they said and your sinkable.  That was the Rule BLACK had on PvP2 and I still keep to that rule.  If your not in coms and I don't know your alts name (we pretty much knew all our alts).  I'm going to sink you.  It was allways funny cause folks would say, "I'm Texas alt."  Knowing I had a few, but not knowing all mine where in Pirates except the one in Danes for the most part.  So if it was US or GB it wans't my alt.    Sink them if they are truelly alts they make enough to make up for there lost any way.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:22 AM, kapteinsnabeltann said:

When new players join the game, They should be shown how many players the different nation has and how many port they have. 
this is can go both ways of course. But many players want to play a game because it has challenges. Like joining small factions.

it is so boring with 650 player online and maybe 20-30% is alts

are do like other games do, lock out some factions that are over populated or give negative xp/creds to those nations/factiosn and give bonus xp/creds to the ones that need numbers.  

The other thing is I think impossible nations should not be part of chargen.  If you want to make one than you have to play so many hours and than either delete your char and start over or use forge papers.   Even better just make it so you can't use forge papers with them.   Than agian I think pirates should not be chargen and we should go back to the old way to become a pirate.  Attack some one of your nation in game and you after the second time become a pirate.  Only way to come back to a Nation as a pirate should be delete your char or use forge papers.

Alts are nothing more than more players you can kill in other nations (unless they are like me and I have all mine in the nation I play pluss one pirate currently and retired Sir Texas Sir in US under a diffrent name).   If you meet me under any of my alt accounts I expect the same fight as if it was one of my mains.   There is nothign 5 players can't don't that my 5 alts can do if they are just orgnized and work together.  So stop thinking of them as alts, just think of them as extra players that you can kill.

I remember back in 2018, when russia (specially BF but also BETEP and RUS) fought over their last ports on secret island. There were 3 battles, that were very nerve wrecking, but russia won.

Meanwhile a lot of players prepared to move to free towns and fight a guerilla war. You will not find anything on forums about this, because no russian whined about this.

This is for all of you, who is whining now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Poryv said:

I remember back in 2018, when russia (specially BF but also BETEP and RUS) fought over their last ports on secret island. There were 3 battles, that were very nerve wrecking, but russia won.

Meanwhile a lot of players prepared to move to free towns and fight a guerilla war. You will not find anything on forums about this, because no russian whined about this.

This is for all of you, who is whining now.

wasnt BF actually DK at the time and helping RUBLI get in port battles? I am pretty sure it was reverse helping us get in those port battle. 

and RUBLI was what? 5 man clan at the time more or less?

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 11:21 AM, Fodder Buckly said:

New player here, just bought the game a few days ago. One of the biggest issues I found is that I have little knowledge of sailing, and what I feel is a lack of finding documentation on game mechanics.

Welcome to the game! There IS an excellent players guide, with a link in the forums. Maybe someone has the link offhand, and can post it for our friend here? Also, you need to hook up with a clan, and get on your nation's Teamspeak. Many seasoned players, myself included, enjoy orienting new players and many clans specialize in equipping, resourcing, and training new players. It is so much easier when you can talk with someone.

If you happen to be USA, look me up in game. 

• Like 1

Though I replied to this

On 5/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, Preechur Blackheart said:

Welcome to the game! There IS an excellent players guide, with a link in the forums. Maybe someone has the link offhand, and can post it for our friend here? Also, you need to hook up with a clan, and get on your nation's Teamspeak. Many seasoned players, myself included, enjoy orienting new players and many clans specialize in equipping, resourcing, and training new players. It is so much easier when you can talk with someone.

If you happen to be USA, look me up in game. 

Hey, sorry thought I replied to this. Im on the PvP server and met a clan. But I am always down to find more people who are active. Im in the Pirate nation. Same name as on here, or PM me.