Game-Labs Forum

Caribbean server playerbase discussion

Kejsaren

Don't know about the state of the game right now but i myself took a little break, but due to not being confined at my home far from my gaming rig ^^

Yet it's no surprise if population decrease, the state of the pvp server have been terrible for months due to the eternal snowball bandwagon effect.

-RvR is here only for those willing to loose ships & time with no goal appart creating content for community,

-and for noobs, the ship knowledges  grind + book/upgrade/guns imbalance/cost is awfully frustrating.

Since years admin tell us to not matter about ship quality and go fight, yet this only work if you're on the zerg side, if not, you must use super ship or be prepared to be humiliated.

If new players don't join a russian clan, at best they join clans of vet players totally depressed, at worse they create a new clan and get recked then leave without touching the potential of this game.

Too many stuff not fixed for years, yet i still have hope on the next patch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

How easy things look being in the dominant and largest faction of the game. Go to a weak faction and tell us how it is.

Been in RU since 2018, when Britain and Sweden were zerging around and RU had 10 ports. My clan, second largest in RU was destroyed by Brits and stopped existing. Yet no one back then whined their way around in forums.

50 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Yet it's no surprise if population decrease, the state of the pvp server have been terrible for months due to the eternal snowball bandwagon effect.

-and for noobs, the ship knowledges  grind + book/upgrade/guns imbalance/cost is awfully frustrating.

Too many stuff not fixed for years, yet i still have hope on the next patch.

Help your noobs then! The state of the map is fully controlled by players. There is nothing, what devs can do about it. What should they do? Punish players, who were good at the game? And there is nothing people can do, that played the game better as well.

The only people, who can fix the zerg, are the other nations: Analyze, adapt, overcome.

Edited by Poryv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Poryv said:

Been in RU since 2018, when Britain and Sweden were zerging around and RU had 10 ports. My clan, second largest in RU was destroyed by Brits and stopped existing. Yet no one back then whined their way around in forums.

Help your noobs then! The state of the map is fully controlled by players. There is nothing, what devs can do about it. What should they do? Punish players, who were good at the game? And there is nothing people can do, that played the game better as well.

The only people, who can fix the zerg, are the other nations: Analyze, adapt, overcome.

Yea there is that but people get burnt out when they fight an enemy that has not only almost unlimited resources (manpower included) but also other nations, vassals or allies call them whatever, helping them. And I really cant blame them. Take WTF for example, they got bashed by BF, decided to make a stand, won lots of battles, lost everything in the process and quit the game en mass simply because they saw that at this moment there is next to nothing they could do RvR wise. With the new patch i believe the situation will improve but we can only speculate.

10 hours ago, Bartas11 said:

In Germany today is a public holiday (Fathers day, so a lot of drinking Beer and Hang around with friends)

its a very celebrated day for man so most take the whole week holiday to stick with their Family.

Dont wonder about lower player counts.

Stop spread this Game die whining!

Intersting we do our Father and Mothers days on Sunday in the States so it doesn't effect work weeks.   Though we are rolling up on our Memorial Day Weekend which tends to be the big kick off for many summer time.  

Though honestly a lot of folks I know that stopped playing has been cause of recent changes to the game and the AdR being none craftable and only rare ship after we waited so long for it.  I pretty much given up on this game, can't RvR cause no one can match the Russian population.  Can't really Solo play cause you get ganked by groups.  Can't play the ships you want cause most of them are locked behind extremly stupid RNG loot droops or saved for Rare events....I mean what we might have one a year so I won't see the AdR until another year from now?   Elite loot still crap and doesn't give you elite rewards.   

6 hours ago, Poryv said:

If i see anyone without a clan tag in russian nation, i befriend them and write them to get into Clan. I keep contact with them at least 2 weeks, to make sure, they found the best clan. I ask them afterward for time to time, how is it in clan xy to be a new player.

I do this since 2 years.

People, stop whining and organize new players in clans

Russian Nation, that's hilarious. I hope you are vetting these guys strongly because  I'd bet some are the same players telling me they are an alt for another nation and ask to be let go.

More alts sailing traders in Gulf under Russian flag with or without clan tags than any other, especially low to medium ranks.  Easy to pick out, they either flat out tell you, delayed in dropping sail once battle starts, or don't drop sail at all.

The population could be steady if RvR functioned like it used to. It's something that many players enjoy more than anything else in NA, but the players have turned it into an overall painful experience. In the past it was every nation for themselves and there usually weren't alliances between more than 2 nations. Ports were attacked one at a time and it was a generally more casual experience.

Now a single nation has an overwhelming amount of the playerbase and they have several other nations working with them. When a nation goes to war against them, they have the ability to attack multiple ports at once, forcing the enemy to stretch their numbers and guarantee victory at least somewhere.

We all know why the strategies were formed. They can be quite effective, but it really speeds up the time it takes for players to become burned out when they're often forced to participate in RvR so frequently. Sweden still has loads of players unwilling to come back to the game because they know that once we go back to war with Russia, we'll end up getting slapped around by several nations at once until we're forced to quit again. Where's the fun in that?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

When new players join the game, They should be shown how many players the different nation has and how many port they have. 
this is can go both ways of course. But many players want to play a game because it has challenges. Like joining small factions.

it is so boring with 650 player online and maybe 20-30% is alts

On 5/21/2020 at 7:59 PM, Poryv said:

Most did analyze, and adapt by joining zerg. How did you adapt?. Leaving the ones who didn't unable to challenge Russia. 

Sorry but someone in Russ nation telling others to adapt and overcome is just hard to take serious. Leave Russ and do it, then tell others.

Edited by Emperor Ming
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

When new players join the game, They should be shown how many players the different nation has and how many port they have. 
this is can go both ways of course. But many players want to play a game because it has challenges. Like joining small factions.

it is so boring with 650 player online and maybe 20-30% is alts

Not needed, new players join game look map, see broken russ zerg,.. delete character, create character, choose russia.🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Not needed, new players join game look map, see broken russ zerg,.. delete character, create character, choose russia.🤣

Not funny, man.
how many players yesterday - about 650? that's nearly the half of them what we had about 6 month ago.

But one critical issue here is also that nearly all the freeports are located on the right side of the map. thus makes it nearly impossible to expand to the left.
You can discuss this how often you want, but it wouldn't bring the players back to the game.

27 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

But one critical issue here is also that nearly all the freeports are located on the right side of the map. thus makes it nearly impossible to expand to the left.

You have el rancho as far left as can come on the map...

Don't see how location of free ports is critical issue .. if issue at all it's at best a minor one. What's making it impossible to expand to the left is that it is Russian!. Nothing else.

27 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

You can discuss this how often you want, but it wouldn't bring the players back to the game.

Does anything discussed here have any affect on anything? 

Jokes aside.. the purpose of this whole topic was to "investigate" the recent drop of playerbase. People who want to ignore it don't want care free to do so, i'm not expecting this to have any affect at all. 

Knowing what mistakes were made is key to make better game in future. NA is beyond "repair" anyway and will remain the game it is (for better and worse) until playerbase drop to the level that it no longer make sense to keep it running.

When that time comes we hopefully have something better (NA2?) to waste our hours on😘

Edited by Emperor Ming

4 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

You have el rancho as far left as can come on the map...

Don't see how location of free ports is critical issue .. if issue at all it's at best a minor one. What's making it impossible to expand to the left is that it is Russian!. Nothing else.

The funny thing is that @van stiermarken is crying about no freeports in the gulf, while the swedes had to take more ports going to Truxillo, rather than Vera Cruz. 🙈

Edited by Nixolai
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, rediii said:

So:

gC-Trux : 11

tumbado-vc: 16

el rancho-vc: 10

So its 1 port less from a port noone has ojtposts at. How realistic is it to conquer the main crafting port of russia from there?

exactly. You are an idiot congratulations

The route the swedes did at mosquito coast, was like 14 ports, one of them could have been spared.
The route to VC from El rancho is 9 ports. 

looks like after all you didnt have braincells to count lol

33 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

don't blame me that I cry about anything here, when I'm talking about facts. you are crossing a red line - foolish kid.

How am i crossing the line? lol

You guys open this forum with the intention to cry in every post, if you dont like the game stop playing it. There is no need for babies here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

The route we took to trux isnt relevant because the target wasnt even to take trux it was to make them stop attacking us so we can go for russia. We did several peace attempts before hitting trux

Told you.

Rediii: "target wasnt even to take trux" 

Then what is this ↓ ??

swedishsnake.png

dont have time to find the original one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Latron said:

The population could be steady if RvR functioned like it used to. It's something that many players enjoy more than anything else in NA, but the players have turned it into an overall painful experience. In the past it was every nation for themselves and there usually weren't alliances between more than 2 nations. Ports were attacked one at a time and it was a generally more casual experience.

sorry to say, but i didnt know that me as a player could press the execute button.. Dont lay the blame over on the players shoulders, this is all on the devs

On 5/21/2020 at 3:48 AM, Fletch said:

If you want numbers to go up you need to give people a fighting chance, yes we all faced grief at capitals when we started out, but i dont think it was as bad as it is now.

it used to be worse, MUCH worse

NO super home fleets so any size ship could sail up to KPR

NO towers or forts to hide under

your PvE mission would show up in the open world AND enemy players could enter the mission to attack you

KPR channel would sometimes have 25 enemy 1st rates sitting in it right off the docks blockading it

so your thinking is very mistaken

admin has done a good job trying to protect new players 

remember that this is a PvP sandbox server

• Like 4