Game-Labs Forum

Launcher.exe does not exist

KA-513

Hey y'all,

I just bought this game after watching more than a few videos on Youtube. I downloaded the launcher installer and ran it - several times, as a matter of fact, and the one common theme is that every time I go to run the game, whether from the installation window at the end that asks if I want to run Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts or from either the desktop or start menu shortcuts, the game refuses to launch. Both shortcuts tell me that launcher.exe has been moved and would I like to delete the shortcut? I've dug through the folder in AppData, and there is absolutely no file named launcher.exe to be found. The only exe files to be found are named as follows: 7za, QtWebEngineProcess, sendrpt, uninst, UpdProgram, and vc_redist.x64. I've tried reinstalling the launcher program after deleting the original folders and files. This does not fix the issue, and in fact the only thing it does is deletes the downloaded installer - which to me is a major concern as installing a program should not delete the original installer.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, KA-513 said:

Hey y'all,

I just bought this game after watching more than a few videos on Youtube. I downloaded the launcher installer and ran it - several times, as a matter of fact, and the one common theme is that every time I go to run the game, whether from the installation window at the end that asks if I want to run Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts or from either the desktop or start menu shortcuts, the game refuses to launch. Both shortcuts tell me that launcher.exe has been moved and would I like to delete the shortcut? I've dug through the folder in AppData, and there is absolutely no file named launcher.exe to be found. The only exe files to be found are named as follows: 7za, QtWebEngineProcess, sendrpt, uninst, UpdProgram, and vc_redist.x64. I've tried reinstalling the launcher program after deleting the original folders and files. This does not fix the issue, and in fact the only thing it does is deletes the downloaded installer - which to me is a major concern as installing a program should not delete the original installer.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings Admiral!

Could you please clarify if you noticed any antivrus pop-up during installation or launching the game, perhaps launcher.exe file was deleted by it?

That appears to be the cause. Avast was false flagging launcher.exe and the original executable as potential viruses. I guess I just didn't see that because I routinely run Avast in silent mode.

Thanks for the help!

15 hours ago, KA-513 said:

That appears to be the cause. Avast was false flagging launcher.exe and the original executable as potential viruses. I guess I just didn't see that because I routinely run Avast in silent mode.

Thanks for the help!

Nice to hear the problem is solved! Information has been sent to Xsolla support