Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-6 Feedback<<<

3 minutes ago, Divo said:

Yay its here! thank you for the heads up!

the new modern dd's hulls in mission impossible look really nice, heads up with that mission you will face DD's that are near your transports so you need to find away to boom and zoom towards the fat bb at teh back, looking at the TR's in a werid way.

also no problems 'w'/

Sorry, but who came up with these missions, because they are just ridiculous.

Defending a BC again 20 !!TWENTY!! enemy DDs? Are you now just making intentionally impossible misisons now?

There's challenging, there's frustrating and then there are your current new missions above that...

Edited by Norbert Sattler

I think the trick on the forward turrets for the US Modern DD problem described is to use the control button and move the forward most turret forward a little, then things seem to work. 

Nice work on the Destroyers devs. 

Notice the flash fire effects are quite significant across ammo types - white powder now isn't so perfect anymore. Tube Powder advantages for risk are now more significant, TNT also better that way too. 

You really take your life in your hands now going super heavy shells as well. 

Going forward seems like there might need to be some work on matching turret size with barbette size though on the Italo-French cruisers - turrets are gigantic on tiny barbettes.

Haven't checked yet, but all the U.S. style cruisers should allow 5" twins per historic in the last updates, the towers looked the same, but could only put 4" on them, where the historic 5" .38 cals go. 

Also, need to check out the Japanese rebuilt dreadnaughts - think the stacks should be from the British WW1 selection - in Alpha 5 you could end up with an Iowa funnel on these or the Japanese Yamato/Cruiser style funnel. All the Japanese funnels for WW1 era through to Nagato's should be the British style funnels from WW1. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sturmalex said:

5" turret of US DDs is somewhat buggy, it does let you place the A turret but only if you are faster than the B turret is descending on its mount 😄

image.thumb.png.70727293a0ae999e94ff23741ed6284a.png

I already reported that bug. It's pretty annoying. But there is a workaround: hold LShift and move your lower turret a little forward - should solve the problem.

Also, US DDs 5" twin mounts and triple mounts are essentially multi-barreled version of a turret which, IIRC historically only had 1 barrel. But the game has realistic USN 5" twin turrets (similar to those on USS Sumner and USS Gearing), and in my opinion - they should be used instead.

Edited by Shaftoe

One thing that would be greatly appreciated is having the IJN 100mm turret be allowed to be used as a secondary on IJN CAs\BCs\BBs and as a main battery gun on CLs

Edited by Mutsu
  • Like 2

It's great that side main guns don't act like secondaries anymore but I think that side guns needs one more fix. Would it be possible to gather main guns (both side and centerline) into one battery? It would be nice if all main guns could actually fire in salvos together.

(I hope it's understandible)

• Like 3

I don't think this flame is meant to be there??? Is anyone having issues with the hit markers melting off of ships when they sink? I noticed it on one of the USN BB hulls

image.png.0770a58225c1e8822e7a4f81760ce7a4.png

AI not firing here, or even attempting to lock target:

image.thumb.png.c32a948a4bce62dd3a73a94595b17ead.png

EDIT: i found this to be common when low on ammunition at anything other than point blank range.

Edited by Hangar18

I have a few requests for fixes. Here i am in Custom Battles attempting to recreate the Queen Elizabeth class Battleship. However the two Secondary Towers that have an integral barbette, said barbette is too small to mount a twin 15" gun turret. I suspect that if the turret design was the one that looks most like the turrets used it would, however those turrets are available around 1915 but the hull and towers aren't available until 1920.

I guess what I'm asking for is a reworked Secondary Tower and also for the QE type hull and turrets be available earlier, matching to its IRL commissioning date.

Also the ability to choose the turret design. Having a selection of turret designs for the gun size/numbers and the option to have the barbette ring on or not is also desirable

iT47SvX.jpg

The Secondary Tower does allow a 14" turret to be used, albeit with a little clipping 

X1Qeshm.jpg

Edited by Cdodders

7 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I have a few requests for fixes. Here i am in Custom Battles attempting to recreate the Queen Elizabeth class Battleship. However the two Secondary Towers that have an integral barbette, said barbette is too small to mount a twin 15" gun turret. I suspect that if the turret design was the one that looks most like the turrets used it would, however those turrets are available around 1915 but the hull and towers aren't available until 1920.

I guess what I'm asking for is a reworked Secondary Tower and also for the QE type hull and turrets be available earlier, matching to its IRL commissioning date.

Also the ability to choose the turret design. Having a selection of turret designs for the gun size/numbers and the option to have the barbette ring on or not is also desirable

iT47SvX.jpg

The Secondary Tower does allow a 14" turret to be used, albeit with a little clipping 

X1Qeshm.jpg

Noted for expanding the rear towers for larger guns. 

Thank you all for the previous reports, all noted, most are known, and will be addressed as soon as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@Nick Thomadis Hey man something is super broken with the new experimental IJN hull. These ships will often get stuck in turns and, do doughnuts. I've seen them escape this. In this case, all of ships in the group gave up, and came to a complete stop in terms of going in a circle, and started to spin in place.

https://imgur.com/o2wV5OZ

In this image you can see theyve come to a complete stop.

https://imgur.com/r4oOd3d

In this image you can see the lead ship doing doughnuts as the others look on (confused).

I noticed this when the AI was in control. They eventually broke free.

Under my hand, once they got caught in the spiral, i was unable to break them free, and eventually they came to a dead stop. Handing the control back over to the AI jump started them.

I'm not exactly sure what is causing it, I suspect it has something to do with the turning circle, speed, and size of the ship combining to give the pathfinding a fit.

Edited by Hangar18

9 minutes ago, Hangar18 said:

@Nick Thomadis Hey man something is super broken with the new experimental IJN hull. These ships will often get stuck in turns and, do doughnuts. I've seen them escape this.In this case, all of ships in the groupg ave up and came to a complete stop in terms of going in a circle, and started to spin in place.

https://imgur.com/o2wV5OZ

In this image you can see theyve come to a complete stop.

https://imgur.com/r4oOd3d

In this image you can see the lead ship doing doughnuts as the others look on (confused).

I noticed this when the AI was in control. They eventually broke free.

Under my hand, once they got caught in the spiral, i was unable to break them free, and eventually they came to a dead stop. Handing the control back over to the AI jump started them.

I'm not exactly sure what is causing it, I suspect it has something to do with the turning circle, speed, and size of the ship combining to give the pathfinding a fit.

It is something not specific to IJN ships. It can happen to any ship. It is pending to improve.

6 minutes ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

here hoping Alpha 7 finally brings quad guns :3

Well, i would like to have them too but i think that there Are much more  important features to work at alpha 7.

(but of course it depends on devs  preference s)

Just now, Aceituna said:

Well, i would like to have them too but i think that there Are much more  important features to work at alpha 7.

(but of course it depends on devs  preference s)

Nah quads the most important fam, bow before quads pls.

And quintuples at somepoint as well.

And obviously campaign and crew

• Like 1

The flash fire animation is pretty neat, I like it a lot.

The new academy missions are strange. Who knew naval engagement including a lots of tin can and torpedoes would lead to a whole new world of RNG. I'm curently struggling with Mission Impossible and Torpedo Bonsai.

I like the new detailed UI. It's not much, but clearer numbers display is always a nice addition.

The soundtrack is okay, if a bit generic. The ambiant parts are definitely better than the action one. I will not nitpick too much about something so trivial though.

And the ducks. The Ducks are here \o/