Game-Labs Forum

Wanna play as France

2 hours ago, NormanBabbits said:

We need a French campaign. 

Greetings Admiral, our current goals are to finish all planned features and release the game, after release we might consider additional content like new campaigns as such

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Personally I share this wish.  Also to answer the previous post, I tested Naval action too but it's definatly not my cup of tea. I think the graphics are great but I'm not interested in the multiplayer aspect (not enough time to invest myself in a long term MMO game). Thus, for the solo player that I am, immersion is quite limited and there is not much that really brings you back to the stakes of the period. Finally I am strategy fan coming from Total War and more recently the incredible game that was Ultimate General: Civil War. 

By the way, the French "Marine Royale" was THE great rival of the English Royal Navy at the end of the 18th century. Thus, like for Spain & Holland i would be more than happy to pay an extra fee to get them as a DLC campaign. I think those DLC would be a great way also to add more ships for the players especially for the custom battle mode to come.

For France, i think we have many models which haven't been used from Naval Action at this day : the 74 Temeraire class, the 80 Tonnant/Bucentaure (which seems to be used strangely to represent the 2nd rate Barfleur class in this game ?? ==> The later was a 3 decker, the former a 2 decker which is quite strange btw), the Renomée frigate/corvette (12pdr), the Belle Poule frigate (18pdr). 

A DLC campaign could be based for example on the character of Latouche Tréville who's had an impressive career: successful commander of a corvette (Le Rossignol, 20 guns) then a frigate (the famous Hermione with which he will transport Lafayette to America), he participated to the Battle of Cap Henry/Chesapeake, with his next frigate (L'Aigle, 24pdr) he nearly captured a 74 guns SOL (HMS Hector which was so damaged that it sank after the battle) , then he took command of a 80 guns SOL, then head of division, rear admiral of the Brest fleet, commander of the naval forces of the English Channel, etc... He repelled Nelson on several occasions which at this time and considering the poor shape of the navy wasn't by far a simple task !

His death in 1804 led to his replacement by Villeneuve and the disastrous campaign of Trafalgar ...

• Like 3

On 5/8/2020 at 7:12 AM, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral, our current goals are to finish all planned features and release the game, after release we might consider additional content like new campaigns as such

I think you are on the right track! Once complete with your intended product I too, would like to see some new content in DLC. A couple of new campaign's such as French, Spanish or whatever you think would be interesting to us.

I remember, Battle of Empires 1914-1918 came out with a base game that gave you a few campaigns and then they made a whole bunch of different DLC campaigns which they did A OK and you by the way already have a great game and you're working to finish it as planned.

When you are at that point, most of us would want some more content and are willing to pay for it.

A long time ago, Atari came out with TOEE and after a year they didn't support, it might have been just half a year but don't quote me on that. The great people at Co8, made a mode for free that fixed bugs and they actually added so much new content and stories which Atari had planned but never did. I am Not asking for free content.

I only wanted to show you two examples of what the future was for those two games made by others.

(Epaminondas) really does have a great idea for a meaningful campaign DLC. Just some words for thought.

• Like 3

A French Campaign would make for great DLC. You could have battles in the Indian Ocean and Land Battles for Pondicherry in India where the French were led by Admiral Suffren. He was one of France's great naval heroes. He even has a ships in different eras named after him. (They happened during the American Revolution)

He was always an underdog like the Americans, but as a big battle to finish the Campaign you could always  make Trafalgar a pivotal battle followed by a landing at Portsmouth to finish off the Royal Navy.

Or add a hypothetical battle where you Sail up the Thames like DeRuyter and the Dutch in the 17th Century.

A Russian Navy Campaign might be advisable as well with the Swedes and Danish as main adversaries. The campaign could begin with some simple missions against the Turks.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I think a Spanish campaign heavily featuring the Gulf Coast campaign in the American Revolution would be interesting too. People all too often forget that Spain wasn't perpetually in decline in that period, and their conquest of West Florida was a pretty neat feat. The scale of operations there and the combination of land and naval action could make it suitable for this game as a DLC.

Edited by Seleukos of Olympia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...