Game-Labs Forum
Spelmeneertje

Shoting guns pull in and sound

I have viewed the movie Michiel de Ruyter very beautiful movie. 

What i saw it if he shoot the guns are pulling back. 

The game happend nothing. And what i see is that peaple pulling guns on deck that is very nice. But if you make it so that the guns are going back when you shoot and than with the crew is this game a good game. 

The second one is the sound. 

There is a souns that like mostly realistic than in the game. Like pirates of the caribbean. 

Movement

This link above is for what i mean with the gun movement 

Sound

This link above the sound. 

Click on the name movement or sound. 

the problem is the server load it creates, considering they are using server providers thats also host small restaurants and coffe shops i wouldnt get my hopes up.

@Spelmeneertje

Greetings,

In past there were gun recoil and gun ports animation but it was turned off due to optimization purposes to reach good performance in large pvp battles, e.g. 50 first rate ships

1 hour ago, Ink said:

@Spelmeneertje

Greetings,

In past there were gun recoil and gun ports animation but it was turned off due to optimization purposes to reach good performance in large pvp battles, e.g. 50 first rate ships

Is there really no way to improve what the servers can handle? Or dump some of the performance load on the players hardware? Or a magic combo!? xD
It would be a massive improvement to the game imo. You have made a lot of stuff that has been removed or at best neutered/nerfed because of FPS issues.

As it is now in large battles 25 vs 25 even in small ships I experience very low fps. I notice a FPS drop in 3 vs 3 line ship battles when ships fire full broadsides, but in these cases the drop is not so long lasting. In close quarter battles with 25 vs 25 line ships smashing together with continuously cannon fire and smoke is really bad. Kinda unplayable, but it is so freaking awesome most of us do not mind.. xD 

I run i7 8700K, 32 GB ram, RTX2080TI and    

Would great to have at least the recoil, since the loading status of the guns comes from the server, the graphics might be done on players computers...

... just my thoughts

Posted (edited)

Honestly why isn't gun recoil / gun port animations / additional visible crew a toggle in visual qualities? none of those things affect gameplay, so just let people who have computers capable of rendering such things do it. In addition, players would get the option of leaving those things on playing by themselves, and toggle them off before engaging in large battles to save performance. 

Also, just allow players to only have those features on their own ships and not visible on other ships, that would basically cut the performance issue due to large battles down to nothing.

Edited by Cass Martin
  • Like 1