Game-Labs Forum

Gloious June fleet retreat defeat why?

F11, anyway, just played it today on hard and the short story is I captured 8 transports and I lost 4 of my 8 ships in that battle so a total of 12 ships I sent to retreat and for some reason I get a red x on fleet retreat and a red x on eliminate enemy so you only need one objective to win the battle and at the start of it they tell you to get as many transports as possible but even if you don't get any it says you can retreat but I fought for a very, very, long time and got 8 of them and the game gives me a defeat very disappointing!  I know it's EA and thanks for letting us play it early but I do have to let you know the game is not working like it should.  I already reported on Valcour Island red zone buggy defeat now this one is messing me up in the British hard campaign.  I sent the ships with the wind does it really matter which border they go too when there is no red zone?  

Am I the only one with this problem?  Any comments?  What I had to do in this battle was tough.  I brought 3 explosive ships to take out 3 of those tough 2nd or 3rd rate ships which are many more than I can deal with.  The explosive ships are apart of what I wanted to get rid of anyway from my Navy.  That being said I had 5 war ships left and one of them got blown up by the 3rd rates that were left. So I had 4 of my war ships left and I captured 8 of the enemy transports and most of them were the big ones. Now, I don't remember how many total transports there were in this battle but I thought capturing 8 of them was great so when I seen my war ship got blown to pieces by those many 3rd rates I knew it was time to get away like the game told me to do so I sent most of them with the wind to a border to retreat from the battle, that's 12 ships and the game gives me an unfair defeat. There is no red zone that I am aware of in this battle but even if there was one I would not have the confidence that it would work correctly seeing it didn't work in Valcour Island battle where I also got an unfair defeat too.  So the end of story is am I the only one with these problems?

Edited by doublebuck
spelling

@doublebuck

When do Valcour Island and Glorious June take place?

I mean what’s the order of the missions?

I recently played Furs.

If I stumble over these missions I’ll tell you of my experience.

This might be of little help, because I’m playing on medium difficulty, but I’ll do so nonetheless.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

Hello Captains!

Issues with false Defeat instead of Victory, when the battle conditions allow player to retreat, were fixed with the latest update. Battles like Valcour Island or Glorious 1st of June should end with Victory, if player selects to retreat.

Thank you for your support and feedback!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

@doublebuck

When do Valcour Island and Glorious June take place?

I mean what’s the order of the missions?

I recently played Furs.

If I stumble over these missions I’ll tell you of my experience.

This might be of little help, because I’m playing on medium difficulty, but I’ll do so nonetheless.

in American after furs there is raid then battle of valcour island.   and in Britain after grand hiver is glorious june