Game-Labs Forum

Performance drop since Alpha 6 - please post your issue here

Dear Admirals,

In case you are starting to experience performance drop since Alpha 6 update please post in this thread and provide the following information:

• Where exactly do you experience the performance drop (game menu, ship designer or a mission)
    • if there is a particular mission, please name it and list ships on both sides

Thank you

• Thanks 1

ive not had this previously, but recently ive been seeing a 50% drop in fps.

all is well for quite a long time during a battle. I can easily run 60fps and have done for ages. but recently my fps drops from 60 to 30. is there a mem leak somewhere?

1 hour ago, Mooncatt said:

ive not had this previously, but recently ive been seeing a 50% drop in fps.

all is well for quite a long time during a battle. I can easily run 60fps and have done for ages. but recently my fps drops from 60 to 30. is there a mem leak somewhere?

Once it happens, you can run task manager and check memory usage,

Have you tried general workarounds like repairing the game files via "Options" in the launcher or just reinstall the game?

thanks for the reply as aways Ink!!

a repair did not fix the issue. however, a reinstall did fix the issue. no idea why this happened to begin with but Ive also lost all my progress. oh well, at least it keeps me busy while we wait for the new update :D

20 hours ago, Mooncatt said:

thanks for the reply as aways Ink!!

a repair did not fix the issue. however, a reinstall did fix the issue. no idea why this happened to begin with but Ive also lost all my progress. oh well, at least it keeps me busy while we wait for the new update :D

Glad to hear the problem is gone

• 2 weeks later...

hi Ink,

so the same issue has come back again. like before it doesn't matter what I set the quality to the game drops to 30fps. it was always running at 60fps until the last 2 updates

ill give you my pc specs incase you feel they might not be good enough,

i5 4690k 3.5ghz overclocked to 4.6ghz

16gb DDR3 1833Mhz

gtx1060 6gb gfx card

Having same problem , my drivers are up to date all cpu, gpu running fine fps is up too 50 fps and down to 10 fps within a simple zoom in .  fps clock is spinning up and down with the slightest mouse action ,  multiple divisions on screen slugging it out  and its  very laggy and fps 10.  unplayable for me .  I play warthunder on a steady 80 fps no lag Nvidia 970M card 12 gb ram to play with , I know its an old card but can still handle modern Apps with graphic settings tweaks , .  I know its still in development so just putting it out there .

13 hours ago, Brenton said:

Having same problem , my drivers are up to date all cpu, gpu running fine fps is up too 50 fps and down to 10 fps within a simple zoom in .  fps clock is spinning up and down with the slightest mouse action ,  multiple divisions on screen slugging it out  and its  very laggy and fps 10.  unplayable for me .  I play warthunder on a steady 80 fps no lag Nvidia 970M card 12 gb ram to play with , I know its an old card but can still handle modern Apps with graphic settings tweaks , .  I know its still in development so just putting it out there .

Admiral, is there a particular mission in which you are experience performance drop or it is in the whole game?

I am not completaly sure if this belongs to this topic or if it's even wrong but anyway: In ship designer when i move displecemant, speed, bulkheads or range it takes a while until stats change which i didn't experience before alpha 6.

(I know it's written really wrong so I hope it's understandible)

3 hours ago, Ink said:

Admiral, is there a particular mission in which you are experience performance drop or it is in the whole game?

Hi 

just general Game play ,  If I reduce drop down boxes I have a fps increase nothing major , I f I zoom in to max it drops aggressively , I f there are multiple actions going on ie Batlles ordnance in flight target markers etc considerable frame drop .  So basically no particular missions .    hope this helps .

Brent 

I found out for the GPU usage, my machine has a Quadro K2100M, I found that the GPU usage is not 100%, when in the game menu it is 50%, 70-75% max in design ship window. Never 100% GPU usage.

I have tried various graphics setting and it seems that GPU usage will not stay at 100% except start a battle on my machine.

capture.gif

Edited by Kevinwish
more info

22 hours ago, argonia31@gmail.com said:

Just purchased the game and it crashed on startup.  Who do I send the crash report to.

Greetings Admiral, please clarify if you use Citrix workspace software?