Game-Labs Forum

Here we go again Valcour Island Red Zone Defeat

I sent 2 F11 reports one last night and one today. I just need to hear from somebody as to why this is happening?

If you know about this battle there are only two objectives eliminate enemy and or fleet retreat so when the phase changes you are suppose to send your fleet of 3 to that zone if you are not strong enough to wipe out all the enemy ships

Steam version 0.7.5 REV 34513 I think.  Last night I played it 4 enemy ships left all my 3 ships and 6, I captured I put it the red zone.  One friendly ship is stuck on shore so enemy kills it battle over is a defeat why?

Today, I played it again thinking maybe I could kill all the enemy ships and maybe I would get a win that way but it was too hard for all ships have just a few sailors on them.

This time only 2 enemy ships left, I captured 2, 6th rates put my 3 ships and the 2 into red zone there was 2 friendly ships stuck on ocean shore and wouldn't move so I don't know when the battle started but I can tell you the amount of game time when it ended at 2230. So how many real time hours was that I wasted for it to end and it was very frustrating defeat.

Those two enemy ships left had to go from the red zone border to middle of the map against the wind to destroy those 2 ships stuck where one ships has 1 sailor on it and the other ship had 9 sailors on it once the enemy killed the ships like ducks on water and it ends in a defeat. So how is the red zone in this battle programmed?

Either fix this red zone bug or and make the battle more balanced to make it more fair to the player.

Either let me bring in 6 ships instead of 3.  Or take away 3 of the enemy 6th rate ships to make it a more reasonable battle if you are not going to fix the red zone?

The Red Zone should be programmed, to end the mission the moment one of my or the players 3 ships gets into that zone when the phase changes. That way if a friendly ship is stuck on the map which at that point we have no control of it so a player should not have to wait until way at night around 2230 by time the enemy gets there to destroy them and a player like me doesn't have to waste hours and hours of gameplay.  

Please help.

Red Zones should work!

Edited by doublebuck
spelling

Another point, due to maybe early access or a programming error, if the red zone can't figure out what my three ships are, the ships I captured, and any friendly ships that are able to sail into the red zone then your going to have to make same type of change to this battle?

Keep in mind, the wind changes in this battle when the phase changes and because of that, at times, there's one or two friendly ships that the wind pushes them to the shore or a ship losses it's rudder and goes around in circles at zero speed so a player can't do anything about that. So what happens is I send all the ships that can sail into the red zone and the moment the last one gets there the battle won't finish because of those two stuck ships.

The remaining enemy ships near the red zone now have to sail against the wind to across the map to find and get into a position to destroy those two stuck ships. I had to wait for nearly one hour of just watching the screen for the enemy to slowly travel to destroy those two stuck ships and the moment that happens the game gives me an unfair defeat!  WHY?

Does this battle think that because the enemy destroys those stuck ships last, so it thinks it's my ships and gives me an unfair defeat?

Please do something to this battle? Fix the red zone!

I suggest to also end the mission the moment one of our three ships goes into that red zone, so a player doesn't have to waste an hour of their time just watching the remaining enemy ships travel across the map against the wind to destroy any stuck ships we have no control of so that is why something needs to be done?  Why should I continue the campaign when it gave me an unfear defeat therefore my rewards are nulled and it's not fun.  I don't mind getting a draw or defeat in the game if it's my fault but when it's the games fault that is unfair!