Game-Labs Forum

PVE Doubloon Farming Exploit

Captain Cid

NAB-100336

some guys in this game generate almost unlimited doubloons by exploiting self sinking in pve kill missions.

you just have to sink your own ship after switched to a npc boarded one in battle and game generates loot like it was pvp. with skilled captains you can make 4 k dubs in 5 to 10 minutes with 0 risk cause no lokis in kill missions. missions closing at start... you can board a npc ship in first mission. dont sink your own and use only npc ships after that always sinking own ship sailing home with boarded. repeat and repeat...

PLS fix. (for example by not generating loot if you sink your own ship)

Edited by Captain Cid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Captain Cid said:

NAB-100336

some guys in this game generate almost unlimited doubloons by exploiting self sinking in pve kill missions.

you just have to sink your own ship after switched to a npc boarded one in battle and game generates loot like it was pvp. with skilled captains you can make 4 k dubs in 5 to 10 minutes with 0 risk cause no lokis in kill missions. missions closing at start... you can board a npc ship in first mission. dont sink your own and use only npc ships after that always sinking own ship sailing home with boarded. repeat and repeat...

Have you heard it from some guys? Or you actually reproduced this yourself? the chained exploit as you say... Please dont theoritise in tribunals and if you heard the rumour, take a mission and test it please first

Overall
You cannot chain generate doubloons, but a pvp ship (if you kill yourself) its a pvp kill as the ship is destroyed. Remove the ship from game = get rewarded.
But there will no no chain doubloons as we know the original owner at the start of the instance is a bot. So you cannot continue chain farming them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, admin said:

Have you heard it from some guys? Or you actually reproduced this yourself? the chained exploit as you say... Please dont theoritise in tribunals and if you heard the rumour, take a mission and test it please first

Overall
You cannot chain generate doubloons, but a pvp ship (if you kill yourself) its a pvp kill as the ship is destroyed. Remove the ship from game = get rewarded.
But there will no no chain doubloons as we know the original owner at the start of the instance is a bot. So you cannot continue chain farming them.

I am not blaming anyone, but I have heard that it's just you need to sink the ship you were "originally" in when the battle starts.
In many cases I've heard the players just use the ship they captured in the "next" mission and rinse and repeat.

I assume it's "working as intended"....but it's certainly a creative way to get doubloons.

"off topic" but couldn't we say this suggests that Doubloon income could use an improvement for non-PvP related activities?

• Like 1

didnt test it by myself but friends i dont want to name here did it. farming a whole shipyard with this exploit in one day. dont have to test it myself.

you can sail out in npc boarded ocean. take 1st rate kill mission. board the enemy npc. switch ship and sink your own ship. the loot of your ship will be the loot like it was killed in pvp. Or just normal player loot. If you pve in groups and on of your group sinks he will generate same doubloons like it happen in hostility or other pve events every day. but you can solo do this and exploit it. after you took loot, sail home with the new npc ship. repair and refill crew, sail out again and do the same. its around 8-10 x 3-4k dubs per hour if you are fast. up to 40k doubloons per hour.

shouldnt be possible

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

I am not blaming anyone, but I have heard that it's just you need to sink the ship you were "originally" in when the battle starts.
In many cases I've heard the players just use the ship they captured in the "next" mission and rinse and repeat.

I assume it's "working as intended"....but it's certainly a creative way to get doubloons.

"off topic" but couldn't we say this suggests that Doubloon income could use an improvement for non-PvP related activities?

exactly. its no real bug and works as intended. but you can grind this way hundreds of thousands doubs per day with almost 0 risk (what means its an exploit to farm doubloons)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, admin said:

whats the current going price for doubloons? Tortue and/or Port royal 

expensive ... i was going to say if you played the game you would know ,,, then realised who I was replying to so I guess you dont buy them ?

51 minutes ago, Captain Cid said:

The target price of a doubloon is 4 doubloons for 32 reals. If its 360 then the supply is not enough. Maybe knowing that the price might fall people start sellling them more. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Cid said:

NAB-100336

Overall.
Any PVP kill (even suicide) might generate some amount of doubloons (if the original ship at the start of the instance was owned by the player, irrespectively how many hands or bots it had passed). We will review if it should stay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1