Game-Labs Forum

I showed a clip of me getting clearly shot by friendlies where they stated they shoot me because im in batlle

Now i tribunal them because it clearly states in the rules dont shoot green on green no matter what .

Yet admin said they warned me for being in the battle with a tlynx 

I said i did stern rake people done damage etc but before i could reply the tribunal was closed 

So is this green on green rule gonna change ?

Is it going to be green on green not allowed unless other players warn you to leave the battle?

Because ima start warning people joining and shooting them now if they get near my target trying to sink it

Also since when is joining ow pvp against the rules

So please change it or make it more clearer

@admin @ink

• Like 1

There are still a few situations where green on green leaves some confusion.

If you are attacked by a teammate, under what conditions are you permitted to return fire to protect your ship if any?

If you are attacking an ai and someone joins your battle and sits there waiting until the target is killed to rush in to steal the loot, can you do anything to prevent it?

While players may have varied opinions on these, I have yet to see anything from an admin other than "You are not allowed to fire on a teammate".

Does that mean  if you are fired upon you might as well drop sail and let him sink you?  Seems really sad if you are in a L'Ocean and some snow joins your battle and starts shooting at you. Either way if you fire or not it would seem that you lose the L'Ocean.

admin has stated clearly, to prevent griefing with looting etc if you join a side and get told to leave by your teammate that was already in battle clearly stating he dont need help he is entitled to shoot you.

I dont have the link to the thread nor can i bother spending time looking it up, but i know it was something about pirate players farming ai in capital waters and people in basic cutters joined in an stole loot because they were pirates so they could do it, hence if you get told to leave by your team after you joined their battle on their side they can shoot you without risk of tribunal.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mexicanbatman said:

Now i tribunal them because it clearly states in the rules dont shoot green on green no matter what .

Admin has said in the past that provided warning is given, green on green is permissible if the intention of the one being shot at is to take loot from the kills of other players.

• Thanks 1

down at guyaayayyayre port, Russians screened against French, some Tlynx joined startede looting,  he got warned,  but kept going, so we sank him.

normal people dont join in Tlynxes to kill, but rather to steal. They shot you cus you are in a useless ship.

thats like joining in a 20k portbattle in an indiaman, with purpose of doing damage.... not really the ideal ship for a fight.

2 hours ago, mexicanbatman said:

I showed a clip of me getting clearly shot by friendlies where they stated they shoot me because im in batlle

Yet admin said they warned me for being in the battle with a tlynx 

I said i did stern rake people done damage etc but before i could reply the tribunal was closed 

So is this green on green rule gonna change ?

Is it going to be green on green not allowed unless other players warn you to leave the battle?

Because ima start warning people joining and shooting them now if they get near my target trying to sink it

Also since when is joining ow pvp against the rules

So please change it or make it more clearer

@admin @ink

Stop cry ...

Why you come in a traderLynx russia vs gb ?

Most of player do that just come for still loots ( you probably want do the same)

In this situation you can be shooted after being warned to leave battle ,(you ship usless , here just for still loot)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As was stated in the topic, the provided evidence was not enough to make a decision on the case thus it was dismissed.

In general Green on Green (friendly fire) is forbidden but as in every rule there could be exceptions (mostly related to griefing). In the particular case it was not clear if it was friendly fire abuse or protection from griefing.