Game-Labs Forum

Assign ship permits by nation

In order to increase realism and historical coherence to the game, I suggest to assign ship permits only for its historic nation. This would increase interest for each nation, to try them all, and let the player choose their level of difficulty. That won't prevent each nation to capture ships to the opposing nations, or find note if it needed exotic ships.

Thank you for your attention.

France :

L'Océan, Le Bucentaure, Implacable, La Belle-Poule, La Renommée, Le Gros Ventre

Spain :

Santisima Trinidad, Diana

England :

Victory, Bellona, Agamemnon, Indefatigable, Leopard, Cerberus, Endymion, Indiaman, Santa Cecilia, Surprise, Trincomalee, Roukie Snow, Snow, Pickle

Danmark :

Christian VII

Russia :

St Pavel, Ingermanland, Frigate, Mercury

Sweden :

Wasa

Netherlands :

Admiraal de Ruyter, Indiaman, Yatch

USA :

USS Constitution, USS United-States, Essex, Niagara, Prince de Neufchâtel, Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake Heavy, Brig, Navy Brig, Lynx

Prussia :

Wappen von Hamburg

Pirates :

Pirate Frigate

For all nations :

3rd rate, Redoutable, Leopard, Rattvisan, Hercule, L'Hermione, Pandora, Le Requin, Mortar Brig, Trader Brig, Trader Snow, Basic Cutter, Cutter, Gun Boat, Privateer, Trader cutter, Trader Lynx

Edited by Victor Hugues
  • Sad 4

For even fuller 'historicity' :)

• Trincomalee => UK, France (which had the ships the Leda class was based on)
  • Victory => UK, Russia (they built a handful of them)
  • Diana => Spain
  • Surprise => France
  • Santa Cecilia => UK
  • Rattlesnake => US
  • Leopard => UK
  • Hercules => neutral 😛
  • Hermione => France
  • Pandora => UK
  • *Brig => US
  • *Snow => UK
  • *Lynx => US
  • Endymion => UK, France (Pomone)
  • Rattvisan => SE
  • Redoutable => FR, UK (they built a few of them)

Edited by Snoopy

1 hour ago, Snoopy said:

Are you sure limiting competitive first rates to France and Spain and restricting everyone else to the Redoutable is the way forward? 😛

it would be more like, "buy the Redoutable DLC, But you can only play it as french".... 

2 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Are you sure limiting competitive first rates to France and Spain and restricting everyone else to the Redoutable is the way forward? 😛

if its made so 3rd rates are relevant again (could work with redoing BR and decrease penetration rate of 24pd-42pd cannons closer together and closer to the 18pd cannons, thinking about the imense thickness a ship can get with all bonuses) I guess it could work. Its an interesting idea, but there are far to many players in the game that wouldn't give up the chance to meta game naval action and stop having the chance of pumping out 20 first rates in a day if they would like.

18 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Yes, I think it would add a level of difficulty depending on the faction choosen, like in any other strategy game.

A team of good players in Redoutable can be redoubtable.

18 hours ago, Snoopy said:

For even fuller 'historicity' :)

• Trincomalee => UK, France (which had the ships the Leda class was based on)
  • Victory => UK, Russia (they built a handful of them)
  • Diana => Spain
  • Surprise => France
  • Santa Cecilia => UK
  • Rattlesnake => US
  • Leopard => UK
  • Hercules => neutral 😛
  • Hermione => France
  • Pandora => UK
  • *Brig => US
  • *Snow => UK
  • *Lynx => US
  • Endymion => UK, France (Pomone)
  • Rattvisan => SE
  • Redoutable => FR, UK (they built a few of them)

16 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Victor, Diana was a spanish ship, built in Mahón 1792. Saludos.

Thanks for your precisions.

For purchased ships I don't think we can go back.

17 hours ago, mexicanbatman said:

but i dont wanna be prussian to sail my wapens

If this update were to be released it would not be retroactive, so each player would keep his ships... until he sunk with.

If you really want ships like Oceans to be related to nations, then those ships would also need to have for example a french crew, and jump off the ship, or surrender automatically. If realism is what you're looking for.

Indiaman is Swedish btw. 

Based on a drawing from a book by Swedish shipwright Fredrik Henrik af Chapman 

http://www.navalactionwiki.com/index.php?title=Indiaman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredrik_Henrik_af_Chapman

Overall a rather imbalanced suggestion.

Why did I invest a ton of dubs into a lvl 3 shipyard if all I can build now as Pirate is a PFrig ??? You do realize that when changing to eg French so I can craft a LO again, id loose my clan including port boni and my shipyard as well ???

Edited by Jan van Santen

11 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Indiaman is Swedish btw. 

My list isn't very precise, but these are details... Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

Why did I invest a ton of dubs into a lvl 3 shipyard if all I can build now as Pirate is a PFrig ???

I think the reason why we choose the pirate faction is the freedom or the challenge. Probably not for comfort and technology of an empire ?

On 4/25/2020 at 8:02 PM, Victor Hugues said:

think the reason why we choose the pirate faction is the freedom or the challenge. Probably not for comfort and technology of an empire ?

in NA pirates is a nation just like every other....with the same "freedom of challenge" all the other "empires" have At least that was the case when I picked "pirates" 

You still didnt answer my question about investments. Only a new player who hasnt invested much can make a suggestion like yours which is nothing but a near wipe for many players. Dev statement: No more wipes after release. 

Edited by Jan van Santen

On 4/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, Jan van Santen said:

You still didnt answer my question about investments. Only a new player who hasnt invested much can make a suggestion like yours which is nothing but a near wipe for many players. Dev statement: No more wipes after release. 

No player would lose their investments, the ships acquired before would be preserved, the purchased ships would be preserved, shipyards could be used to make futur or neutral ships like 3rd rate, or to use a permit that we stole. Shouldn't that be the primary goal of a pirate ? If they take pleasure in comfort, so pirates have really changed.

Edited by Victor Hugues

On 4/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, Jan van Santen said:

Indiaman is Swedish btw. 

Why did I invest a ton of dubs into a lvl 3 shipyard if all I can build now as Pirate is a PFrig ??? You do realize that when changing to eg French so I can craft a LO again, id loose my clan including port boni and my shipyard as well ???

Maybe I'm just nitpicking but, Isn't i the Yacht also from af Chapmans plans? And the frigate, isn't a real ship, but if I recall correctly was partially af Chapmans plans as well.  

But then again, Fredrik Henrik af Chapman took a lot of inspiration from his time outside Sweden. As did all nations shipwrights back then. 

14 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Pretty sure this used to be the case with pirate frigates a long while back, only pirates being able to craft them.

The result was that hardly any pirates sailed them and all the other nations sailed them around mortimer town.

The blueprint to build the Pirate Frigate was only available in the Pirate Shop but any crafter in any nation who obtained one could then craft the Pirate Frigate. 

On 25/4/2020 at 13:26, erelkivtuadrater said:

Le Rquin era un barco francés

Companion, I am sorry to have to tell you that the requin as you know it is a Spanish jabeque, it is a boat that was used throughout the Mediterranean coast and that was mainly used in America (Caribbean) by the Spanish.

2 hours ago, firebool said:

Companion, I am sorry to have to tell you that the requin as you know it is a Spanish jabeque, it is a boat that was used throughout the Mediterranean coast and that was mainly used in America (Caribbean) by the Spanish.

i´m sorry, but the xebec "Le Requin" was definetely a french ship build in toulon

31 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

i´m sorry, but the xebec "Le Requin" was definetely a french ship build in toulon

It is shown in Le Musée de la Marine, in Paris, France.

France did built a dozen of xebecs to fight Algiers pirates. Le Singe, a French xebec, was the first commanding assignment of Suffren at this period.

https://www.patrimoine-histoire.fr/MaqTxt/zzRequin.htm

Le singe was an interesting composite design, square and lateen sails.

http://mnm.webmuseo.com/ws/musee-national-marine/app/collection/record/8951

Edited by Aquillas
  • Thanks 1