Game-Labs Forum

@admin Dear glorious and most magnificent russian devs, your humble customer comes to you with a bended knee and suggests that instead of making a cheaper version of the game just make the game free to play. You have more than enough DLC in the game to pay for the development costs. There are currently 255$ worth of DLC. Your great and flawless game will undoubtedly make more money off of dlc if there were billions of people playing the game. after all it is the greatest age of sail game ever imagined. This will prevent you from having to revert on the 15$ decision 6months down the road. 

Your most humble servant 

KoC

p.s NICE SHIRT!

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

if they cant rank up or redeem rewards from the tutorials and exams until they've bought the full version i would agree

NO. free to play all acess to the game so that they will play and we can go bash there stupid little seal heads in and eat their blubber and cook them in their mothers milk!

.... i mean they deserve to have full access to the whole game and just buy the glorious and great dlcs as they see fit. BILLIIONS of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Macjimm said:

Digital Combat Simulator World provides the world and one free aircraft.  Seems to work well.

Free package could be the Open World with two outposts, 3 buildings, and 3 dock spaces.  Enough to do everything, with patience.

sigh.... is 250$ of dlc not enough money?

12 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

Worry about that problem when we get there you dirty virus girl. (said in the most polite yet meaningful way so as to not cause offense)

True that, our beloved Russian overlords will find a glorious solution for sure.

Im not a virus, im a beer. Names related to the virus are forbidden here.

Edited by Corona Lisa

23 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

NO. free to play all acess to the game so that they will play and we can go bash there stupid little seal heads in and eat their blubber and cook them in their mothers milk!

.... i mean they deserve to have full access to the whole game and just buy the glorious and great dlcs as they see fit. BILLIIONS of them.

sounds like a great way to exploit things, lets go for it..

• Like 1

If it was F2P then imagine the number of alts there would be compared to now when there are already many alts.

It would be easier to create a new alt and do the exams rather than craft repairs. People would have alts in every nation. Need more dock space then just make another alt. The list goes on......

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Archaos said:

If it was F2P then imagine the number of alts there would be compared to now when there are already many alts

Oh my. That's a show stopper. I hadn't thought of that.  F2P is totally out of the question then, even with reduced capacity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Archaos said:

If it was F2P then imagine the number of alts there would be compared to now when there are already many alts.

It would be easier to create a new alt and do the exams rather than craft repairs. People would have alts in every nation. Need more dock space then just make another alt. The list goes on......

most people that are going to have alts already have them. i dont think that 15$ is going to stop the hardcore people from abusing the system. 

4 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

most people that are going to have alts already have them. i dont think that 15$ is going to stop the hardcore people from abusing the system. 

Um.  I think that the point is that new people without any accounts can create multiple free accounts.  No need to buy DLCs or anything, just use unlimited free Alts.

Players are allowed to use Alts.  Buying accounts is income for Gamelabs.  Using multiple accounts provides players access to more; outposts, ;labour hours, ports, dock spaces. etc...   The issue is;  New players will have little incentive to buy anything if they can have dozens, or hundreds, of free accounts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Um.  I think that the point is that new people without any accounts can create multiple free accounts.  No need to buy DLCs or anything, just use unlimited free Alts.

Players are allowed to use Alts.  Buying accounts is income for Gamelabs.  Using multiple accounts provides players access to more; outposts, ;labour hours, ports, dock spaces. etc...   The issue is;  New players will have little incentive to buy anything if they can have dozens, or hundreds, of free accounts.

meh i dont think its that big of a deal. and besides whats the point of 100 accounts unless your going to buy the redoubt dlc 100x?

6 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

whats the point of 100 accounts unless your going to buy the redoubt dlc 100x

You got a point there.  T.O. mr clown.

I'm likely thinking of this wrong.

I've logged about 100hrs + on Star Citizen and paid zero.  All free plays.  Yet look how much money they have made ...

Obviously I'm not a good indicator of the average gaming consumer.  I've bought no DLC ships, flags, or paints. And paid for one account.  No alts.

Edited by Macjimm

Not a bad idea usually but in NA alts are already kind of a problem only somewhat contained by the fact the people have to pay for alts. If the game was made F2P then anyone could have any  number of alts. Can't imagine how many cases of alt farming we would have on a daily basis. 

On 4/24/2020 at 5:10 PM, King of Crowns said:

Dear glorious and most magnificent russian devs, your humble customer comes to you with a bended knee and suggests that instead of making a cheaper version of the game just make the game free to play. You have more than enough DLC in the game to pay for the development costs. There are currently 255$ worth of DLC. Your great and flawless game will undoubtedly make more money off of dlc if there were billions of people playing the game. after all it is the greatest age of sail game ever imagined. This will prevent you from having to revert on the 15$ decision 6months down the road. 

Your most humble servant 

your sucking up aside I can explain to you why making this game free to play  would not add a load of players. Marketing. I use addblock on my pc but on my phone I am spamed with world of tanks and world of warships add. In fairness that is why I do not play them. Another thing with free to play games is that you would need to make way more dlc ships. As much as I hate them the vast majority of people would not buy the handful of current DLC ships espessially since the cost as much as full games. Free to play games make money by selling you cheap things over and over again. They are made to be addicting and sell you DLCs at a few dollars at a time so you loose oversight. Its quite likely they will be banned in the EU in the future.