Game-Labs Forum

Map Reset? Winning nation?

Right now I feel like the game needs a solution to Dominating nations. Maybe Give rewards to players of a conquering nation players such as, a 5/5 ship such as a de Ruyter or something. Make people want to compete in rvr on the war sever.

Right now the Russian Nation is 65 ports ahead of the next leading nation and 75 ports ahead of the ranking 3rd nation.

I feel like something needs to be done to address these dominating  nations/ Clans.     

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Harry1224 said:

Right now I feel like the game needs a solution to Dominating nations. Maybe Give rewards to players of a conquering nation players such as, a 5/5 ship such as a de Ruyter or something. Make people want to compete in rvr on the war sever.

Right now the Russian Nation is 65 ports ahead of the next leading nation and 75 ports ahead of the ranking 3rd nation.

I feel like something needs to be done to address these dominating  nations/ Clans.     

Nope.

Game mechanics should be in place to discourage domination, but persistence is important.

I think a map reset without accompanying change in RvR mechanics will essentially result in a replay, terminating in the same situation as we have now. I'm stumped for what change in RvR mechanics could prevent this, I have to admit.

I would venture to say that a good first step towards understanding this may be to examine the motivational roots for the current situation. Essentially: what make a nation dominant, and how does that incentivise players to choose nations as they do? So...

How does one nation dominate at the moment? I think (and I may be completely wrong, please discuss) because it has (a) many captains; (b) among them competent RvR captains; (c) effective coordination within the nation.

Why do many players, and many pro RvR players, gravitate towards such a nation? I don't know, but would like to put forward some hypotheses, like...

... player preference for particular nations.

... large nations offering a safe haven for captains to grow in terms of commerce, PvE XP farming, farming rngesus items, crafting infrastructure

... all the things I missed

Once you have the captain base, why/how does a nation coordinate? I don't have a hello kittying clue.

Nonsense? Discuss! Please? 😊

• Like 1

The best solution was even brought up by Admin at one time.  We just have to many nations and players spread out to far to do anything against a zerg power nations.  So a solution would be to have DEV set Factions that can change to give the game a balance.  Though I would say any of the Impossible Nations should never be in a faction.   Them being the hard core nations to play after all...Pirates shouldn't be appart of any factions either.

Four factions is a lot better than having 12 nations.

• Like 3

I left the PVP server after years of playing , in case of the Dominating nations an unrealistic nations in the game. Russion have the best ports the best resources, the best ships, and farming on all other nations near the captial zones. Tones of modules and special woods, unlimited repairs in the battle (unrealistic too) killed the game now. Never in an battle was the crew able to repair so much in a active fight. 2 years ago this game was amazing an much mor realistic. Now an on the wrong places death patched game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kopelent said:

Russion have the best ports the best resources, the best ships, and farming on all other nations near the captial zones. 

Many nations have "best" resource, "best" ships. And other nations farm capitals more then russians.... 

Tones of modules and special woods, unlimited repairs in the battle (unrealistic too) killed the game now.

Some like it, some don't, but it did not kill the game, maybe it made you specificly loose interest. But game is pretty much alive as it was 2 years ago, (maybe even more people playing?).

Never in an battle was the crew able to repair so much in a active fight. 

Some battles in real life went on for days, you want that in game too?. There are alot of things in this game that didn't happen or wasn't possible in real life. If you don't like the mechanic, fine.. but some things (not necessarily this) are better not being 100% realistic as it would be negative for gameplay. 

I left the PVP server after years of playing 

Is that game on pve server more realistic?.... have no mods?, special woods or repairs there?.

Edited by Emperor Ming

Im not sure that this problem will solve it self. You just gain too much by playing on such a dominant nation.

- save crafting ports with every resources

- a very big eco system where you can buy anything

- often you dont have to fight outnumbered in PVP since there are always some player close

- save zones to trade till there is more gold in your bank than water in the ocean

for sure all other nations can play together and crush them but this hardly ever works since the differences between the nations have grown over time.

Thats a problem that many other games had, so how did they fix it?

- close of big nations and only new players can join there until the playerbase is more equal to other nations

- give rewards to people fighting in small nations, extra items and upgrads, like a support from your motherland to the colonies

- set a port max. no nation should be able to have more than 40/60/80 ports, otherwise there would be a revolt in some of you citys

these are just some ways that could help to balance the game, but im intrested what you guys think could even help more

1 hour ago, just dead said:

Im not sure that this problem will solve it self. You just gain too much by playing on such a dominant nation.

This core of this game is rvr. What exactly do you gain being in Russia?. With nobody left to conquer there sure won't be much rvr. 

Players want rvr, they will unzerg and do rvr. If players don't want rvr they will stay in Russia and twiddle their thumbs, we will see how long they will do that... and in time if nothing changes then it just proves that players prefer being bored and unchallenged then having fun but challenged.

(Much like a gank, you follow your gank group in the battle for 45 mins without firing a single shot because you are too far away and too slow chasing down that 1 opponent, your fast ships finally catch up and sink the enemy and all you did during that battle was to follow like a big fat cow doing absolutely nothing, sounds like fun?, not really but at least you won't loose...)

And if that proves to be the case (which i don't believe),  then i feel sorry for them all😂

Edited by Emperor Ming

13 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

Players want rvr, they will unzerg and do rvr. If players don't want rvr they will stay in Russia and twiddle their thumbs, we will see how long they will do that... and in time if nothing changes then it just proves that players prefer being bored and unchallenged then having fun but challenged.

Sorry to tell you it just doesn't work that way.  Most folks don't want to leave a winning team to play on a loosing team and than continue to loose cause nothing was done to split up the winning team.  Look at Sweden recently a lot of clans from other nations join to fight Russia, but it still wasn't enough to fight them.  There is also the issue Russia has allies in other nations helping to make it even more zerg.   

Now lets look at other games, POTBS is mention a lot as it's the only other game that was like this and it died off a lot when they went F2P and did a lot of changes, but my point is they did map wipes every 3-4 months (can't remember which it was).   They had a winner declared by who had the most points/ports and than all ports got reset back to original owners.    We could actually do this and keep port bonus and such in those ports cause if they are neutral own than you can just flip them back, but it also gives others chance to flip them to  if your not fast enough.   POTBS also gave a bonus to the weakest nation every time, we always made sure when we won it was French so even when Spain or Pirates beat British we made sure they never came in last to get that bonus.   Cuase they where the biggest nation zerg, just didn't have the best players as Spain and Pirates had (was on Roberts Server).   

As for rebuilding ports with investments?  You tell me how many folks are sitting on mounds of resources that can't just rebuild most of that pretty quickly?  

The Devs can balance this by not allowing any impossible nation or Pirates in an alliance/faction.  The other core nations can have alliances or dev appointed factions and team up again each other.  When a new wipe comes the factions changes up so that it's not always the same nations teamed up with each other.    I would honestly go with three factions not four and than have the impossible nations not allowed to be in along with pirates.   You can do something like:

Swede, Dane, Dutch

GB, US

Spain, French

Than the next reset it's something like

Swede, US, GB

Dane French

Dutch, Spain

Maybe putting the three weakest nations together and than haveing the two strogest paired up with the two middle nations.   This leaving all the pirates and impossible nations as the wild cards.   While they can still screen OW battles and help that way, but only faction members can join each others battles and PB's.