Game-Labs Forum
DDZ_Vasduten

Exploiting Kill Missions

I'd like to see trade ships like the T Lynx, T Brig and Indiaman be exempt from doing any sort of kill missions.

The reason is simple: Someone running trade only needs to run to the nearest crossed swords battle, jump in and "escape" a PvP fight and hide for an hour and a half; never intending to complete the mission.

I followed a T Lynx yesterday and as I caught up to him, his sails suddenly raised and he disappeared within ten seconds. When an element of game design or a mechanic is used to side-step another mechanic intentionally... it's an exploit.
The easy answer is to give traders a little more XP for travel time and real fights and not let them use kill missions to escape raiding. There is no penalty for "failing" a kill mission you don't intend to complete in the first place in a T Lynx. 

It's cheesy and abused all the time. 

• Like 1

As annoying as that tactic may be, I have seen several hunters do the same thing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Raekur said:

As annoying as that tactic may be, I have seen several hunters do the same thing. 

Well for a person in a fighting ship... I don't care. 

It's a trade ship intentionally hiding where it would never go to fight that bugs me.

What's the difference between a trading ship and a fighting ship doing it? that the trade was an easy kill? or...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DDZ_Vasduten said:

I'd like to see trade ships like the T Lynx, T Brig and Indiaman be exempt from doing any sort of kill missions.

The reason is simple: Someone running trade only needs to run to the nearest crossed swords battle, jump in and "escape" a PvP fight and hide for an hour and a half; never intending to complete the mission.

I followed a T Lynx yesterday and as I caught up to him, his sails suddenly raised and he disappeared within ten seconds. When an element of game design or a mechanic is used to side-step another mechanic intentionally... it's an exploit.
The easy answer is to give traders a little more XP for travel time and real fights and not let them use kill missions to escape raiding. There is no penalty for "failing" a kill mission you don't intend to complete in the first place in a T Lynx. 

It's cheesy and abused all the time. 

Sounds like you're going for the easy kills, how about going to PZ, or doing some PvP against ships that actually can fight back ehhh??

And what if a person wants to get slots on his indiaman, make it full boarding fit and rageboard hunters like you. Is he not allowed to do that anymore?

• Like 5

To be honest its a tactic any ship could use.  Lots of people tag AI or jump in a battle to avoid a pursuit, just part of the game really.

• Like 2