Game-Labs Forum

DRM lies

Dear reader,

Yesterday I purchased Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. Unfortunately I have unreliable internet at best. In the e-mails I got Xsolla clearly stated the game as DRM free.

Today I tried playing it while my internet is down, only to find out you need to be online to play the game. This is clearly a form of DRM. I contacted Xsolla about this, who simply state: 

You may play the game without the internet connection, but you need the internet to login. I'm afraid this is all the information we currently have on this matter. I can assist you with payment related issues. As for your question, it is a game-related one and I have provided you all the info on it. You need to contact the developer for more info. Thank you.

This, obviously, is no help at all. I would like to receive my DRM free game I paid for, as I cannot play the game whenever I want now. Even Steam makes sure you can play games offline. Or is the Steam implementation going to include this awful Xsolla launcher as well?

Kind regards,

DragonSlayer666

44 minutes ago, DragonSlayer666 said:

Dear reader,

Yesterday I purchased Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. Unfortunately I have unreliable internet at best. In the e-mails I got Xsolla clearly stated the game as DRM free.

Today I tried playing it while my internet is down, only to find out you need to be online to play the game. This is clearly a form of DRM. I contacted Xsolla about this, who simply state: 

This, obviously, is no help at all. I would like to receive my DRM free game I paid for, as I cannot play the game whenever I want now. Even Steam makes sure you can play games offline. Or is the Steam implementation going to include this awful Xsolla launcher as well?

Kind regards,

DragonSlayer666

Greetings Admiral,

The "Internet connection required to start the game" phrase is there from day one. Email sending the keys is from Xsolla they might have forgotten to edit it. You should use store information and promises on the store page as promises

3U8lfGZ.png

Well, that's kind of a bummer. When the game gets released to steam, please tell me that requirement will be dropped. Noone is looking for another launcher within a launcher. Ultimately the only thing DRM does is inconvenience the legitimate buyers. Pirates will find a way to crack it either way...