Game-Labs Forum

Italian nation

sorry to say this, but we have enough nations already and this is as we see actual not very good for the game(play). 

I would suggest the following: back to the original nations (as we had at the beginning) and implement all player country flags where everyone can select his country. both flag (nation as ensign/navy flag) and player country as additional national flag should be shown on the ship.

Flag hoisting

that would be a much better solution here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexandeChi said:

Hello everyone, I asked the admin if it had been possible to enter the Italian nation who asked me to create a topic.  Here it is, therefore, Italians, if you care as much as you keep asking, vote on the topic

I am not Italian, but just as a note:

While I don't really agree with adding even more nations, adding Italy itself as a nation doesnt really make sense at all, due to the fact that the nation state we know as Italy only came to existance in 1861.

A (little bit) more historical nation would be either:

• Venice (personal favorite, very nice flag)
  • Genoa
  • Papal states

Edited by ScipioTortuga
  • Like 6

44 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

While I don't really agree with adding even more nations, adding Italy itself as a nation doesnt really make sense at all, due to the fact that the nation state we know as Italy only came to existance in 1861.

• Genoa
  • Papal states

I asked if our nation could be inserted, then the developers will decide with what name to define it, and I agree with you that if they had to insert it it would be more logical to insert ourselves as Venice or Genoa

45 minutes ago, Tomasso il Fortunato said:

I'm Italian and I think this is a bad proposal becouse we need more ports , more space , like Europe. The nation will not be able to cap one port from lack of players .

Not all nations have a thousand players, you do not have to be masters of half the map like certain nations and it is not said that a nation, even if small, is weak

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, ScipioTortuga said:

• Genoa
  • Papal states

You seem to forget the third military navy of Europe, after British and French : The Royal Navy of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies

https://www.wikiwand.com/fr/Royaume_des_Deux-Siciles#/Marine_royale

https://www.wikiwand.com/fr/Marine_royale_du_Royaume_des_Deux-Siciles

Edited by Victor Hugues

The third military navy of Europe in your dreams maybe......

You seem to forget Spain.

Was a good laugh

Having a look at the page you linked, that mighty third navy of Europe had:

- 3X 74 guns 3rd rate

-1x 60 guns (4th rate)

-6 frigates 

and some other shit xebeqs.....

Great navy that was LOL.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

The third military navy of Europe in your dreams maybe......

You seem to forget Spain.

Was a good laugh

It's written here :

"La Marine royale des Deux-Siciles, fondée en 1734 tout comme l'Armée royale, est la plus puissante des marines militaires de l'Italie pré-unitaire ainsi que la troisième d'Europe après celles britannique et française."

8 minutes ago, Victor Hugues said:

t's written here :

"La Marine royale des Deux-Siciles, fondée en 1734 tout comme l'Armée royale, est la plus puissante des marines militaires de l'Italie pré-unitaire ainsi que la troisième d'Europe après celles britannique et française."

The Spanish Real Armada reached its "maximum splendor" in 1794, when it had seventy-six ships of the line and fifty-one frigates. Saludos.

2 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

The Spanish Real Armada reached its "maximum splendor" in 1794, when it had seventy-six ships of the line and fifty-one frigates. Saludos.

Probably the reason why Spain is not mentioned is because the Napolitan Royal Navy is included in the Spanish Royal Navy. Because the Kingdom of Naples is under Spanish domination from 1734. So Spain and Naples form the third military navy in Europe. Is it clearer ?

More nations is always great and I would love to see some italian faction in the game but it would be nice if it also came with some update to give some motivations for players to join these new nations. 

Nor can I understand the reasoning that the number of players is too thin for so many nations. If a nation doesn't find a player for whatever reason, it simply disappears into insignificance. Poland is an example of this. There would be absolutely no change in the game if the few active Polish players (under 10?) joined another nation together.

On the other hand, every new nation is a chance for people to start this game because they can identify better with this nation or with religion (ottoman, barbaresque).

Edited by Georg Fromm
  • Like 2

I think it's all about goals: if you want to make a game based on history then impossible nations shouldn't be there and pirates should have a revisited role both in terms of ships and ports.
if instead you want to revisit history, create a sort of alternative reality then this could justify the inclusion of other nations and all with 4 unconquerable ports like some nation have now.

• Like 4

Spain, GB and France can stay. The others can just be clan names. You don't need individual flags for every nation, just icons for representation.

Adding more nations overlooks the effect where you cut population into smaller and smaller slices, less players per nations will mean less fleets.