Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

On 4/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, admin said:

We did not see positive spike in reviews after we added Implacable as crafted and tested De Ruyter in event. We consider that nobody cared for crafted ships anymore. Perhaps those who care about new ships did not update the reviews should do so if they are interested in de Ruyter as crafteable. If they stay silent they give the reviews to be ruled by vocal haters who just circle jerk each other. Positive reviews always get less likes, while haters group up always favoriting negative sentiment.

I guess since it was supposed to be an event... we were waiting for the following events to tell you if it was worth it.
I found the De Ruyter to be a beautiful ship... I killed one and no note came out of it.. then  I capped one... and lost it after being retagged and not bringing enough repairs to repair the one I had caped.
My feedback after the 1st event wasn't good enough to change my view of the game. I was waiting for an improved event to be able to do so.

I have now a gray De Ruyter (given by a friend who was more lucky than I) that I barely get out because I can't recraft it and I haven't heard of any new event coming.

Most of all, if you want this game to be event driven, it would be good to have a calendar of those events (without specifying which ship would be available) to keep us interested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear @admin, i just read that it seems your intention to keep the Admiral de Ruyter as an event ship, is it true? If so, I’d kindly ask you to reconsider this. Not only the dutch have b

Ironic

You mean the events that where pretty much nothing more than a gank fest?   Most of us stop going cause we where getting ganked trying to farm the ships to get something that wasn't fir/oak after havi

32 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Most of all, if you want this game to be event driven, it would be good to have a calendar of those events (without specifying which ship would be available) to keep us interested.

Please wrote this in the suggestion forum and I'll vote for this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Thonys said:

Feedback on a not (in)game related issue!

Hummm.... why are dutch (and the ship) the victim here?

the real dutch are different (they mostly do not answer heaters and others, they have a direct approach - positive or negative in approach , their brain works different.)

they are a other cultural  breath, and  not compatible with culturally others (liberal and freedom , are keywords)

they are 90 % builders and not destructive (perhaps a mechanic approach on that niche would be great)

dutch are just waiting ......nothing more... for the moment..(besides that dutch are a minority on the total population (i think so not much to review also)

perhaps a ship like the  common 3 rate (parameter rebuild) as a giveaway (event ship)is your answer perhaps ? :))

 

for you  being a developer i understand your issue and yes you are right on the matter.

but forcing people to review something what is not delivered in game >  is counter productive for many (for those who are living in freedom of speech and thinking. although giving something in return is always advisable on forehand . :)

ps. i do not own a Admiral>> but if i did i would guard it with 24 santismo s :))

And thank you for the Admiral delivered in the month of his birth  (much appreciated )

I wonder how on earth they demand a review from an abolsutely minority here. They know the numbers of players from the netherland, they know the numbers of players in the dutch faction. And they know what other players think here on the forum about the De Ruyter. What they demand here is a bloody joke. And in my honest opinion it's trolling. Just pure, simple oldschool trolling.

 

But it's pointless to discuss with this kind of devs. I've been there before. They don't give a damn about the community, they do what they want. They won't give us the De Ruyter. Maybe it will be a 40€ DLC and that's it. Which btw will bring more negative reviews they can use to "complain" about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

I wonder how on earth they demand a review from an abolsutely minority here.

 

8 hours ago, Thonys said:

Hummm.... why are dutch (and the ship) the victim here?

 

Please do not take words out of context. I was responding to the known troll and ban evader Intrepido whose only goal is to hate on the game everywhere he can (now under the name of Montanes). He claimed that "dutches are pissed off" for which we replied quoting him and banned the shitposter.  The ship removal from crafting has nothnig to do with its nationality or any nationality.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, admin said:

We did not see positive spike in reviews after we added Implacable as crafted and tested De Ruyter in event. We consider that nobody cared for crafted ships anymore. Perhaps those who care about new ships did not update the reviews should do so if they are interested in de Ruyter as crafteable. If they stay silent they give the reviews to be ruled by vocal haters who just circle jerk each other. Positive reviews always get less likes, while haters group up always favoriting negative sentiment. 

As this is business and teams shift to popular projects from unpopular projects NA team gets developers based on the reviews. To plan ahead I need to see how much resources i will have available and will have to consider hiding some content behind events. Here is how it works : Higher reviews - more developers, lower reviews - less developers (including dutch ship creators). So dutch players can make an effort to encourage artists by actually 1) saying thank you in reviews or 2) saying they are pissed off in reviews.

We have not said that it is not going to be crafteable. But we will keep it for future occasions. Right now there is no point to add it as it seems nobody wants it. If players wanted it they would appreciate it in reviews.

Greetings Sir! 

Long time since last message but I lost the password! (Thanks god my grandson remembers everything, he is so clever, makes me so proud)

I wanted to tell you my situation. I have a very nice guy in my guild who loved sailing that ship. I say loved cause he lost it in a unfair fight, he was so annoyed that he was going to quit the brotherhood and remove the game from the computer and then I told him "don't worry my son, admin wrote in the forums we will have it in a few weeks".

Now, what am I going to tell him?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Capitan Salazar said:

Greetings Sir! 

Long time since last message but I lost the password! (Thanks god my grandson remembers everything, he is so clever, makes me so proud)

I wanted to tell you my situation. I have a very nice guy in my guild who loved sailing that ship. I say loved cause he lost it in a unfair fight, he was so annoyed that he was going to quit the brotherhood and remove the game from the computer and then I told him "don't worry my son, admin wrote in the forums we will have it in a few weeks".

Now, what am I going to tell him?

That you're not a game developer and shouldn't have made promises you can't keep?

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, admin said:

 

Please do not take words out of context. I was responding to the known troll and ban evader Intrepido whose only goal is to hate on the game everywhere he can (now under the name of Montanes). He claimed that "dutches are pissed off" for which we replied quoting him and banned the shitposter.  The ship removal from crafting has nothnig to do with its nationality or any nationality.

Cool. And you demanded that dutch should write reviews, who, and you know that very well, are an absoltuely minority here in the game. In real life and in the game. So what's your point here? This can't be taken out of context. You literally demanded it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 10:33 PM, Capitan Salazar said:

Greetings Sir! 

Long time since last message but I lost the password! (Thanks god my grandson remembers everything, he is so clever, makes me so proud)

I wanted to tell you my situation. I have a very nice guy in my guild who loved sailing that ship. I say loved cause he lost it in a unfair fight, he was so annoyed that he was going to quit the brotherhood and remove the game from the computer and then I told him "don't worry my son, admin wrote in the forums we will have it in a few weeks".

Now, what am I going to tell him?

You can probably tell him: "Devs don't care, write a review if you don't like it."

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

That you're not a game developer and shouldn't have made promises you can't keep?

Dude, the devs made the promises that we would get that ship back in February. What about that? He just told him what the devs told us. What about the devs should stop making false promises, uh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Fixed it for you.

THIS. EXACTLY THIS!!!!

 

@admin how many people on the forum do you need till you admit that you made a mistake here? How many people do you need who demand the De Ruyter till you react?

 

But I have to write ONE possitve thing about you: you let people more discuss on your forum than the mods at Gaijin allows. That's something I appreciate here. Don't waste that bonus.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin

I think u will create a lot more bad Reviews with the removal from the De Reyuter............. 

Nobody wants an event we're you can cap shitty gray ships with bad woods and no bonuses   lol... 

Everybody including The Top Streamers.. 

Reverse Ram Dron etc etc were waiting for the release of the ship as it was with Implac taking away the most important content for the players is not a way to create Positive reviews.... 

Edited by Swedish Berserker
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swedish Berserker said:

@admin

I think u will create a lot more bad Reviews with the removal from the De Reyuter............. 

Nobody wants an event we're you can cap shitty gray ships with bad woods and no bonuses   lol... 

Everybody including The Top Streamers.. 

Reverse Ram Dron etc etc were waiting for the release of the ship as it was with Implac taking away the most important content for the players is not a way to create Positive reviews.... 

and what irks a lot of folks is they had given out notes of the ship so folks can redeem them and use them early on.  Though this was suppose cause of bugs found or suggestions made, but it's funny it's all ways the same guys that get them early.   While the rest of us where risking our good ships to get something half decent or nothing at all.  IN fact one clan mate lost three ships trying to get notes and a half decent Reyuter which he never did.  He didn't loose them to AI, he lost them to folks ganking AI's or returning to port low on repairs and crew after fighting elite ships that don't get elite rewards.

 

I was jumped twice, but told the guys I just got off 12 hour shift, sailed a good 30 mins to get over here and just want to try to get a note or ship.  Wasn't really in the mode for PvP and they where nice enough to let me go.  In three days spending 2-3 hours I should of used for sleep I got one SC note and one Cag/Oak De Ruyter (no port bonus or perk).  I started grinding AI in hopes the ship would get released soon and I have some slots open.  Now I know it's going to be an even ship I'll prob never see it again much like the same with the SC.   Funny thing was on the way back from the event treasure fleet popped and I got a deadmans chest.....it ended up giving me a SC note....didn't even need the event after all lol

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that some people cannot enjoy the game when one single ship is not added as promised. 

Now, I am happy with the ships we have, what I am missing are other things like water depth or musket fire at short range.

... and sometimes I miss better information from the devs about progress and plans....

But finally it is a fantastic game and I do not really care about the names of ships or their origin. I even sail sometimes the not so loved frigate or 7th rates, just because I like it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sea Archer said:

It seems that some people cannot enjoy the game when one single ship is not added as promised. 

Now, I am happy with the ships we have, what I am missing are other things like water depth or musket fire at short range.

... and sometimes I miss better information from the devs about progress and plans....

But finally it is a fantastic game and I do not really care about the names of ships or their origin. I even sail sometimes the not so loved frigate or 7th rates, just because I like it.

couldnt agree more, imo ships should be the last things to be added right now, there are far more important things to fix, not only mechanic wise, but also graphically and more things that would give a mindblowing first impression.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

couldnt agree more, imo ships should be the last things to be added right now, there are far more important things to fix, not only mechanic wise, but also graphically and more things that would give a mindblowing first impression.

I think you're missing the point. What they care about is that the ship has already been made and in is the game files. What they care about is that the ship took time and resources to make and is gone. All that's needed to change is just making it available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

imagine saying you are removing the ship because you havent gotten many excited reviews for it

because 75% of the latest 120 where positive.  mostly people that want the wreker to come out if you actualy read them 

wont last long if you keep this shit up of just not keeping promises this will change mine aswell 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, admin said:

How old is he??

Greetings Sir!

If my memory is right, he is in his 30s. Although I sympathise with him, everytime I leave port there are russians waiting to kill us, doesn't matter if i sail north, south, east or west. 

Have you been reported of this issue? I don't find normal one country has so many captains and cities.

Few days ago I lost my beautiful Implacable to russian captains and I'm still earning the doubloons to build another. Doubloons are so expensive! I can't afford to pay five hundred silver coins for each one! 

 

Edited by Capitan Salazar
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capitan Salazar said:

Greetings Sir!

If my memory is right, he is in his 30s.

 

Ah.. I thought it was your grandson who lost the ship.. Sorry.  How is life in general? Thanks for help in finding that book on rotterdam.. Still remember that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, admin said:

Ah.. I thought it was your grandson who lost the ship.. Sorry.  How is life in general? Thanks for help in finding that book on rotterdam.. Still remember that. 

Oh I apologize for the misunderstanding Sir! I often refer to the members of my brotherhood as family! 

Life is tough in these days as quarantine obliges us to talk with our relatives using the computers or telephones, I miss the hugs.

I was pleased to be of help finding the book, it is great to be useful again, after my retirement. Anything you need, here I am. 

I'm looking forward to sail the Admiral, one kind friend from another brotherhood lend me the ship for one battle and it feels fantastic!

Cheers

 

Edited by Capitan Salazar
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...