Game-Labs Forum

De Ruyter as an event ship?

Dear @admin,

i just read that it seems your intention to keep the Admiral de Ruyter as an event ship, is it true?

If so, I’d kindly ask you to reconsider this.

Not only the dutch have been looking forward to get this vessel crafted and thus competitive!

Please ad permits to the game for this beautiful vessel!

This could be done for example by granting a chance to get them via gold chests or by implementing a permanent event where players can obtain such permits.

• Like 11

@admin

Do you consider the limited availability of the Admiral de Ruyter, it's random portboni and wood combinations crucial to keep a certain balance between the 3rd rates?

If so i'd rather vote for a nerf of the ship's stats than it staying non-craftable.

Changing the gun setting would be the easiest way to nerf the ship.

And in my opinion that would also be quite reasonable, because i can't believe that having 36pd and 32pd batteries could have been afforded weightwise - wouldn't the vessel just capsize in bad weather because of too much wieght dragging / pushing at the upper ends of the hull?

Agreed, but this permit should be much more rare than the other gold chest permits. Because they need a super-special reward for events to keep them interesting. If it is a ship you can build anytime with a regular obtainable permit, you will be going around saying "meh, why should I go on the event? It's nothing special..."

By the way, I have not perfect grey - blue De Ruyters and they are still good.

14 minutes ago, Montagnes said:

This news has already pissed off many dutch players.

intrepido spreading false information again. Where is your review Intrepido? Is it positive? Or you are a hater who just cant stop coming back ban after ban?

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Dear @admin,

i just read that it seems your intention to keep the Admiral de Ruyter as an event ship, is it true?

If so, I’d kindly ask you to reconsider this.

Not only the dutch have been looking forward to get this vessel crafted and thus competitive!

Please ad permits to the game for this beautiful vessel!

This could be done for example by granting a chance to get them via gold chests or by implementing a permanent event where players can obtain such permits.

We did not see positive spike in reviews after we added Implacable as crafted and tested De Ruyter in event. We consider that nobody cared for crafted ships anymore. Perhaps those who care about new ships did not update the reviews should do so if they are interested in de Ruyter as crafteable. If they stay silent they give the reviews to be ruled by vocal haters who just circle jerk each other. Positive reviews always get less likes, while haters group up always favoriting negative sentiment. 

As this is business and teams shift to popular projects from unpopular projects NA team gets developers based on the reviews. To plan ahead I need to see how much resources i will have available and will have to consider hiding some content behind events. Here is how it works : Higher reviews - more developers, lower reviews - less developers (including dutch ship creators). So dutch players can make an effort to encourage artists by actually 1) saying thank you in reviews or 2) saying they are pissed off in reviews.

We have not said that it is not going to be crafteable. But we will keep it for future occasions. Right now there is no point to add it as it seems nobody wants it. If players wanted it they would appreciate it in reviews.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

We have not said that it is not going to be crafteable. But we will keep it for future occasions. Right now there is no point to add it as it seems nobody wants it. If players wanted it they would appreciate it in reviews.

Do you mean steam reviews?

2 hours ago, admin said:

As this is business and teams shift to popular projects from unpopular projects NA team gets developers based on the reviews. To plan ahead I need to see how much resources i will have available and will have to consider hiding some content behind events. Here is how it works : Higher reviews - more developers, lower reviews - less developers (including dutch ship creators). So dutch players can make an effort to encourage artists by actually 1) saying thank you in reviews or 2) saying they are pissed off in reviews.

Есть еще один способ: пытаться как-то починить/настроить те вещи, которые бесят клиентов, а не говорить им, что у них недостаточно большие сами знаете что и они в этом проекте не нужны.

5 hours ago, admin said:

We did not see positive spike in reviews after we added Implacable as crafted and tested De Ruyter in event. We consider that nobody cared for crafted ships anymore. Perhaps those who care about new ships did not update the reviews should do so if they are interested in de Ruyter as crafteable. If they stay silent they give the reviews to be ruled by vocal haters who just circle jerk each other. Positive reviews always get less likes, while haters group up always favoriting negative sentiment. 

You mean the events that where pretty much nothing more than a gank fest?   Most of us stop going cause we where getting ganked trying to farm the ships to get something that wasn't fir/oak after having just fought an ELITE SHIP.   ELITE BATTLES SHOULD HAVE ELITE REWARDS, not Fir/Oak, or Carg/Fir.....I mean at least if my Carg/Oak Ruyter I got (all the rest where grey ships or to soft woods to grind AI) was season wood it wouldn't been so bad, but not one of the ships I captured was season wood or good builds.  I did get a San C note but no Diana (I have a gold on on PvE any way).  The funny thing was on the way back to safer waters I got a ship wreck I think and it had a San C note in the chest.  Better rewards fro the random event than the main on.   All this while spending three hours to do one hour grind.    Clan mate lost a half dozen ships and didn't get any good builds or notes at all.

As for crafting?   How the hell do we craft a ship that is a RANDOM RNG LOOT DROP?   I love the LVG refit and the Reno but i have never gotten a note or permit for them in loot drops.  I have to buy my Reno permits off others folks.  Luckly ya'll fixed the issue with the LGV refit by allowed a note and than having it drop a permit you can craft.  I like crafting my own ships the way I like them not how RNG random chance of a capture.  Make the notes easier to gain and you will see more crafting.  Right now it's easier to just redeem you DLC ship in Season wood than is it is to crafting.  Making the game very boring for crafters and removing a large number of your player base that actually like trading and crafting.

I been waithing for a ship for a long time that can carry 32's on both decks and I love the stats of the De Ruter, but I want to be able to build it for what purpose I want to use it for (I think it would make a great boarder/raider ship).  But other than the event there has been no other way to get one and like I said the one I got was a crappy heavy build of poor wood choices even for grinding AI.  

As for reviews?  I don't really care to stroke your ego with reviews....I mean I have spent well over 600 bucks on this game with 6 accounts and most of them having majority of the DLC's and would be willing to buy more if there was a reason to buy them and play the game for fun during what little off time I get these days working 10-12 hour shifts (Yes I'm one of the essentials during this virus thing).  That I don't want to have to come home, rewright reviews over and over every time an event or such comes out cause the negative actions out way the positive.  Like how your acting towards your player base lately with a very aggresive manor.   It doens't encourage us to come and write good reviews and want to play.   Most my clans left to play other games and don't really want to come back.   

• Like 6

5 hours ago, admin said:

Perhaps those who care about new ships did not update the reviews should do so if they are interested in de Ruyter as crafteable.

Don’t get me wrong, no offense intended, but that sounds a bit childish, a bit like „gimme this, or you won‘t get that!“, don’t you think!?

5 hours ago, admin said:

Right now there is no point to add it as it seems nobody wants it. If players wanted it they would appreciate it in reviews.

Sorry, but at least I also didn‘t know that i am requested to write things i want into positive reviews - it hasn’t been in the buy contract of the game, has it!?

I just thought you wrote on forum, that the AdR would be a craftable ship and was looking forward to that. And I read other peoples posts who also seemed to be excited about the prospect of beeing able to craft this vessel.

In other words: Yes, we (at least some players) want the AdR - craftable!

Some of us might even have updated positive reviews because of our first crafted AdR and told the steam community / world of that beautiful vessel!

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, admin said:

We did not see positive spike in reviews after we added Implacable as crafted

How are you supposed to craft Implacable when it is locked behind a rare permit that doesn't show up? Are you saying we should give you a good review because you supposedly added it, even though i never get to craft one? There are many people asking for many things, and some things are asked for repeatedly by most people, but instead we get things not many or no one asked for and then you tell us to give you good reviews and you "might" consider something we actually want? I AM glad that there is a decent age of sail game out there, (this one), but it would be really nice if it seemed like you cared about the people more. As it is, you don't answer questions, and when you do respond many times it is quite antagonistic. How about something like a periodic Q&A where you answer the most asked and/or recent questions? How about some sort of response regarding PvE and small ship content? I think the RvR and clan endgame content is overwhelming everything else to the point that new players I am trying to get in the game don't want to join because it looks like a high rank clan clash of titans and the rest is just grind to get 'there'. Even PvE server seems to be dominated by clans, port battles, port bonuses, and the like.

Edited by Cathal Brugha
  • Like 1

Also, what? If people gave good reviews you would give them more things? People were ecstatic that the De Rutyer was going to be added as craftable, and now you say 'well if you gave good reviews you might have got it but now you won't'? What a slap in the face for your player base.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, admin said:

@admin just so i get this right - what you are saying is: next time you do something "stupid" that nobody really asked for (like let's say seasoned woods) you want everybody to just hammer steam with negative reviews so that it actually gets through to you. discussing these things on the forum isnt the appropriate approach?

• Like 5

13 hours ago, admin said:

so unless we say good things about the game and you as developers ,, no more development ,,, ??     we now have to beg for things in the form of positive reviews as well as pay you ???

i dont mind doing one or the other but both ??

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, admin said:

I find it very disappointing that we have ships in game that can not be crafted. The way the Implacable was added to the game is a good way imo.

Why are not all ships craftable? If you want to make a ship rare then just include a permit in the recipe and adjust the RNG drop chance accordingly.    

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 3

. We consider that nobody cared for crafted ships anymore.

Why does that surprise you ? It was you (as in : the devs)  who killed crafting on PvE server after all...(idk about the situation of crafting on PvP, as I dont play there)

You hand out near perfect gift ships  in all seasoned woods which would take me months if not years to reproduce by crafting...

given the effort it takes to make s woods and the lousy chance in rng to receive a 5/5

With cross trading from PvP every vet account  now owns 2 x each near perfect 5/5 lo(s)/wo (s) LO; Christian and Implacable.....6 near perfect ships..which I can't even dream off to ever craft....which cost me nothing and which I use now to farm more ships...(eg elite notes)

PPl have gift ships, dlc, elite notes, notes from deadmans chest, notes from admiralty.....(and soon a free daily first rate...?)

In short; there is a surplus of good ships for zero to very little effort,  while crafting produces less quality and takes much more effort.

So why should any1 craft ? (other than masscraft indiaman to get to lvl 7) ???

All these easy to get good ships  were also the reason why players were disappointed with the on average crappy quality of the hard to get event Admiral de Ruyters. 

If you want interest in crafting (and better reviews ), decouple  port boni from port ownership, fix s wood grind, fix rng, fix immersion ( return to crafting of precursors) and balance the effort/reward ratio in a way that makes crafting viable again compared to other sources of ships.

There is an easy way, too : You could simply reroll crafting to 2016, when it was much better than now.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1

Are you joking? Is THIS what you say "listening to community"? Did you actually make a vote here? Did you really expect that with this low population your reviews would blow up the roof?

Players are demanding this ship, they are begging for this ship. And you consider nobody wants it because of your reviews? Work on the basics if you want good reviews. Maybe I will overwork mine too. But at the moment I don't see any reason why I should do that. Especially the way how you treat people here on the forum. Promising something you consider people don't want because reasons.

Btw the Implacable is a ship you can craft in game. And you gave it to us because of a bug which caused many ships to flip and sink.

But thank you for promising to get it in February and now you keep it for "future occasions" whatever that means.

You want reviews based on your actions, you can have them. No problem.

• Like 2

think thats not how it works people been wanting this ship moment you announced it we put mutliple forum post up 

forcing people to make reviews for a ship is only going to make them angrier even though i left a review being excited about the ship

and im dutch and im indeed upset  by your proposal to withdraw its true im not as excited for implacable becuase im 1000% more excited about admiraal de ryuter 

if you asked nicely to review the game i would have done it no problem but you are creating alot of fuss o

and every game has trouble with trolls and hater but your doing yourself wrong focusing on them instead of the players that are excitingly playing naval action

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mexicanbatman said:

think thats not how it works people been wanting this ship moment you announced it we put mutliple forum post up 

forcing people to make reviews for a ship is only going to make them angrier even though i left a review being excited about the ship

and im dutch and im indeed upset  by your proposal to withdraw its true im not as excited for implacable becuase im 1000% more excited about admiraal de ryuter 

if you asked nicely to review the game i would have done it no problem but you are creating alot of fuss o

and every game has trouble with trolls and hater but your doing yourself wrong focusing on them instead of the players that are excitingly playing naval action

Exactly. A new ship won't guarantee good reviews. But promising something and slamming it right into the hopeful faces of players is something that will give you bad reviews.

Trolls are everywhere, yes. But you can also create your own trolls depending on your own actions.

Dear administrator: Would it not be possible an event lasting one week and that is monthly in which in certain random areas, the ships Santa Cecilia, Diana and Ruyter can be attacked and you cannot capture the ships but they grant you a permit from said ship? This would give content to the game and give action to the pvp players since they could capture the permissions that any other player had, in addition to making all parties happy. A greeting.

Feedback on a not (in)game related issue!

Hummm.... why are dutch (and the ship) the victim here?

the real dutch are different (they mostly do not answer heaters and others, they have a direct approach - positive or negative in approach , their brain works different.)

they are a other cultural  breath, and  not compatible with culturally others (liberal and freedom , are keywords)

they are 90 % builders and not destructive (perhaps a mechanic approach on that niche would be great)

dutch are just waiting ......nothing more... for the moment..(besides that dutch are a minority on the total population (i think so not much to review also)

perhaps a ship like the  common 3 rate (parameter rebuild) as a giveaway (event ship)is your answer perhaps ? :))

for you  being a developer i understand your issue and yes you are right on the matter.

but forcing people to review something what is not delivered in game >  is counter productive for many (for those who are living in freedom of speech and thinking. although giving something in return is always advisable on forehand . :)

ps. i do not own a Admiral>> but if i did i would guard it with 24 santismo s :))

And thank you for the Admiral delivered in the month of his birth  (much appreciated )

Edited by Thonys