Game-Labs Forum

Help with Understanding Weekly Light Ships

Spam Hands

Question

I have done the weekly light ships event a few times few months ago. Iirc I think I got placed on the leaderboard but around half way down, using a WO/WO privateer with carronades and sinking Mercury, Rattle, Navy Brig and Snows (all 60BR each) to give me 600 point for 10 battles at the end of the week. This seemed a decent reward for the time spent, with better players getting the better rewards; and I am not skilled enough to take on bigger targets. The guys at the top of the ranking were getting circa1200 points for 10 battles and taking on better ships.

I had a look at the leaderboard last week and again this one and the game has changed massively. The top player this week now has 6200 BR points with only 7 kills (avg 885BR/kill). I'm not even going to consider engaging with this content as I am no way skilled enough to get anywhere near the leaderboard top 10.

The question I am asking is how are these massive kills being achieved? I am clearly missing the meta game/best method. My L'Ocean has a BR of 900 and I cannot imagine killing that in my privateer, even if I sterncamped it - it would take forever to do.

This is not a complaint about the content, the players winning the rewards, or the rewards themselves, I would just like to know how on earth the winners achieve their results.

5 answers to this question

For 7th rate event you can easily kill 10x LGV which will give you 1200 BR. LGV is sailing in a straight line making it easy target for stern camping.

As for 6000 BR result, it must be 6th rate week. To sink L'Ocean you just need decent Snow. Just stern camp it until it sinks. If you can't do it alone, take a friend. The one with more damage will get the kill.

@Borch, I did not know that there were even 6th rate weeks. As the reset hasn't happened yet, I checked and it does say 'weekly challenge for rank 6'. This does not explain what I remember from the week before, which I am pretty sure was a Rank 7 week but I will need to check in forthcoming weeks.

I think you have mostly answered my question, so thanks for that. Please keep the thread open though, so I can report on the result of the rank 7 leaderboard, in case the top players are still managing results higher than 1200BR over 10 kills.

3 hours ago, Spam Hands said:

@Borch, I did not know that there were even 6th rate weeks. As the reset hasn't happened yet, I checked and it does say 'weekly challenge for rank 6'. This does not explain what I remember from the week before, which I am pretty sure was a Rank 7 week but I will need to check in forthcoming weeks.

I think you have mostly answered my question, so thanks for that. Please keep the thread open though, so I can report on the result of the rank 7 leaderboard, in case the top players are still managing results higher than 1200BR over 10 kills.

Yes, the rates for the event are changing weekly unless devs forget to do that :).

As for 1200 BR for 7th rate event, its possible to get bigger result than that. There are players who can manual sails schooners. You also like I said, can bring friends to sink AI to get better result. So having more than 1200 BR at the end of the week wouldn't be surprise for me.