Game-Labs Forum

Confessions of Captain Mishap Blunder

Hethwill

We all mess up something sometimes and most of us obviously say sorry and give a little explanation to the team mates.

I must confess that during a intense battle yesterday, at large from the Island of Cuba I ordered a Port side synchronized discharge of the guns and they hit a friendly frigate point blank.

I got startled by its appearance on my port side and I immediately thought it was the Trincomalee that I kept in check on my stern distance while keeping pursuit.

Out the nether she came and the men get nervous with all the eerie silence of a bow to stern chase. I blundered that one.

I was scared. Better sure than sorry right ? :D

I proceeded to ask forgiveness for my mishap and everything was good. Some funny chat remarks, that is all.

So captains, what are you mishaps and blunders of late ?

• Like 1

Let's have forum moderator move you to Tribunal for judgment

Joking!

In 1 match, I ran over and sank 2 lynx on my own team (I was in a constitution)...

The first, just bad luck: start of match, I had 15 month old "co-piloting" at the keyboard. I looked away to "intervene" with her using the mouse as a telephone (holding it up to her ear). When I looked back, a lynx had done a tack through the wind and was turning into mt path.

The second: pure tunnel vision in midst of fight focusing down target in gun view, and the lynx and I collided (I honestly don't know how this one happened, but I certainly was not watching closely)!

EDIT: I might have been in a Bellona, as this was really recent... SideStrafe was in the match, probably recorded. I took a SS of the end match with the 2 ships, zero dmg...

Following a Snow in my Brig and got the Red Mist cconcentrating too much on aiming at the enemy and not where I was going and that I was under full sail. Ended up clipping the stern quarter of the Snow although he didn't sink and we did end up winning the fight. I suspect it's a typical beginners cock up  :o:rolleyes:

I got matchmaked with lynx (I Was in a snow) in PvE light, and they threw at Surprise and Brig after us, and by some reason I let the lynx go broadside to broadside with the Surprise, now, to be fair he did got half of his armor, but oh well... It went as you could expect, not so good for the lynx...

Thanks for your time, and do forgive my English, I am from Spain.

I have 3

1 perfect setup for a rake.  Using manual yards to slow me down so I can get every shot off on the stern.  My fingers get messed up and somehow I hit 1 or 2 and another number.  My broadside set up for the rake reloads.

2 No health, on survival mode.  Doing my thing.  Thought I hit 5 then 1 and repeated it.  Sink.  Crap, what happened to my repairs?  I thought it was a bug until I rewatched the video and my sails were repairing.  I must have hit 5 then 2 twice.

3.  No health.  3 repairs left.  Usually switch to survival right away.  For some reason I forgot to switch and sunk even when I spent all 3 repairs.

Friendly fire just now (like an hour ago).  And realized that too late to apologize, the guy disconnected.  I was filming (PVE) and switched off the interface.  All my friends were on Bellonas, plus a Trinc on our side.  Also there was a Trinc on the other side.  Somehow I was lost in buttons and Bandicam. 

Luxxa (on Trinc)!  If you read this - I'm sorry for shooting at you. 

A lynx sailing in front of my surprise had tunnel vision and had no idea he was about to hit a friendly constitution, at the last moment he turned hard but it was to late and collided with the ship. I had tunnel vision too and when I saw what was in front of me I did the exact same thing and turned hard slamming into the lynx and sandwiching him between me and the constitution. Poor little guy was riding between us both as we tried to maneuver away from the enemy. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could remember the Cerberus captain name, and even if we exchanged the custom "sorry" and "sorry my bad" compliments I must ask for forgiveness again.

Was in command of a ship of the line and keeping broadside pace with a enemy ship of the line, beam to beam, my crews reloading as fast as they could. I didn't even see the frigate, for I was zoomed in in first person mode standing on the quarter deck in a proper captain on deck camera view.

I ordered all decks to unleash...

Poor Cerberus caught more than half the shots...

Again I am sorry, I did not see your ship. But my distance to enemy was less than 300 yards so was a somewhat tight spot.

As a forewarning to frigate commissioned captains, do not, at your own peril, slalom in between the ships of the line of battle.

Best regards,

Captain H. Khan

I was in a cutter playing a big game of PVP, this was just a short time back when all ships could PVP and there were a few SOL's. One got so close I couldn't pan up high enough to see his name and I freaked out and started pumping rounds into him the in desperation I rammed him....needless to say apologies were in order....

I was once in a shop with a gf, lost here for a moment. Then i noticed here standing backwards to me.
I slapped here pretty hard in the butt with my hand.
Girl turn back with horror in her face.
That was a moment when i saw my gf standing in other corner of the shop looking at me with mouth wide open and big "WTF?! Did he just slapped shop assistant in a butt??" written on here face.

I still feel sorry.

• Like 5

How about Trafalgar yesterday?   I was concentrating on firing (called target was Prater) and saw a chat post with my name.  Of course it disappeared.  Something about Megiddo pay attention...you dope!  (they didn't say that, but I was a dope)

Pretty soon I see I'm by-myself in a Santi with enemy 5+ SOL's staring me down.   Literally took 1 minute to sink me.

Previous Trafalgar, highest score, most kills... and on winning team.

Next Trafalar... lowest damage with 3k in a Santi!!!!

I would need my own forum for this....a highlight...was in a recent (about 10 on 10) I was the 2nd largest ship (in my consti) and was at the 'head' of the line.

Our glorious leader in a Bellona was laying out a rather excellent plan...and I was very engrossed in the conversation....and asking a couple of confirmation questions (as he wanted me to chain their lead).

By the time I had consumed his excellent plan....I looked over my sholder and realised step 1 had been to tack and head at about 120deg to my current heading.

This basically meant I was now too far from my team...and indeed became the 'kill the idiot' target of their entire team....and undid our glorious leaders plan......

Last night in a fairly large storm engagement I was in the middle of the action mentally tracking 4-5 enemy ships while trying to stay out of the track of 3-4 friendlies, pretty much a blender or ships, waves and cannon balls. I was getting set up for a double broadside, an enemy ship to my port and an enemy crossing my stern heading to my starboard. I remember wondering why the guy at my stern didn't rake me but at the time he was the first to be fired upon before I switched to port side. I had been tracking an enemy ship which is who I thought was the starboard side victim, I tried to check the name but he was so close I couldn't pane up far enough to see the name, forgot to look at the flag and released full Consti broadside of double shot point blank into what turned out to be my team mate Brass Monkey....remember that name.

A few minutes later after completing a turn and lining up an actual enemy, fired the broad side only to realize I'm heading right for someone's starboard beam...few seconds later, full speed ram. So I'm looking for a name so I can apologize if it's a team mate or get ready to fire if it's an enemy. Sure enough, you guessed it, Brass Monkey. Sorry dude, I'm usually no that crap but we all have our moments. :blink:

On another occasion myself in a trinc, a santi and a couple of others were fighting a like arrangement team. I was stoned and I think I rammed our santi 3 or 4 separate times because I didn't realize I was in chat and my ship wasn't responding to my commands. :D

Edited by 5KnuckleChuckle