Game-Labs Forum

Posted (edited)

So, when in battle if the AI does more damage to the enemy players, than the friendly player(s) do, then if the enemy player surrenders it counts as surrendering to the AI, (if the AI is still alive), which is dreadfully hilarious: because you cant sink it, loot it or capture it. The surrendered ship just becomes a massive shiny wood ornament destined to remain in place for thousands of centuries.

One example is:- someone is trying to PVE in peace and the AI has shot one ball into his hull, when certain terrible unhonourable people join that battle to kill the player if he was to --- immediately surrender ---- the player would get no rewards, because the player has surrendered to the AI.

Its a great troll, but also utterly pointless.

Another example:- certain players will, when being chased, tag an AI right next to them, let the AI shoot them, then immediately surrender and the players chasing get nothing. Of course this is terribly unhonourable and totally not recommended when being ganked by Russians.

so I was wondering if this could change, if they surrender it just goes to the player who did the most damage. OR IT COULD BE OPEN TO ALL

Of course I could just be missing something all this time and what im saying is wrong, so enlighten me if so.

Baity.

p.s. vera cruz is doomed

Edited by RepairyMcRepairous

47 minutes ago, RepairyMcRepairous said:

Of course this is terribly unhonourable and totally not recommended when being ganked by Russians.

LOL - you made my day - thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have seen several hunters on the war server use this tactic to avoid being sunk by players. This tactic has been in use for quite some time and is nothing new.

Edited by Raekur

yeah I know,

its been used many a times against me, by accident because people surrender the moment you join etc

but still its stupid really isn't it? so I thought id bring It up.

4 hours ago, RepairyMcRepairous said:

So, when in battle if the AI does more damage to the enemy players, than the friendly player(s) do, then if the enemy player surrenders it counts as surrendering to the AI, (if the AI is still alive), which is dreadfully hilarious: because you cant sink it, loot it or capture it. The surrendered ship just becomes a massive shiny wood ornament destined to remain in place for thousands of centuries.

One example is:- someone is trying to PVE in peace and the AI has shot one ball into his hull, when certain terrible unhonourable people join that battle to kill the player if he was to --- immediately surrender ---- the player would get no rewards, because the player has surrendered to the AI.

Its a great troll, but also utterly pointless.

Another example:- certain players will, when being chased, tag an AI right next to them, let the AI shoot them, then immediately surrender and the players chasing get nothing. Of course this is terribly unhonourable and totally not recommended when being ganked by Russians.

so I was wondering if this could change, if they surrender it just goes to the player who did the most damage. OR IT COULD BE OPEN TO ALL

Of course I could just be missing something all this time and what im saying is wrong, so enlighten me if so.

Baity.

p.s. vera cruz is doomed

While the joining player doesn't get the battle reward XP and doubloons for the kill, isn't he able to sail up to the surrendered ship and transfer crew or sink it? And if he sinks it, he would then get the doubloons in the hold, any mods it dropped, etc?

4 hours ago, Farrago said:

While the joining player doesn't get the battle reward XP and doubloons for the kill, isn't he able to sail up to the surrendered ship and transfer crew or sink it? And if he sinks it, he would then get the doubloons in the hold, any mods it dropped, etc?

Actually no, since you are not the one considered to have the kill against it you can not interact with it. At least that is the situation i have experienced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raekur said:

Actually no, since you are not the one considered to have the kill against it you can not interact with it. At least that is the situation i have experienced.

Ah. Okay. Thanks for the info. Fortunately I have yet to experience the “screw you I’m surrendering to the AI” thing.

• Like 1