Game-Labs Forum

Measures against night timers

I think one of the biggest problems in game are the night timers. Many clans set timers to their own night time just to force their enemy to wake up at a very Bad time in the night/at morning ...

So i suggest some AI doing an activity Test from time to time. I think every port should get an "AI hostility Mission" once or twice a week and during the Timer window. Mission spawns near the Port, contains only one random AI Ship and portowner or guys in his friendlist Just need to enter and kill the ship within Timer window. If they dont kill the AI next day a AI Portbattle will be set ...

With this function it will be very exhausting for clans to Set timers to time they are not active in ... and it wont be a problem to kill a single AI twice a week for every half active clan ...

Make it so, a clan can set 1 fixed timer for all ports, helps a bit ? There comes the alt accounts into use, cancer of this game.

Make it so, all the timers are fixed for each port. Like Us coast, us timezone, some other ports for for other time zones, according to active player base geographical positions. So the timer are distributed according to percentage of players in different zones. US / EUROPE / ASIA. The timers can change dynamically according to player base, when a port falls neutral.

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

Make it so, a clan can set 1 fixed timer for all ports, helps a bit ? There comes the alt accounts into use, cancer of this game.

Make it so, all the timers are fixed for each port. Like Us coast, us timezone, some other ports for for other time zones, according to active player base geographical positions. So the timer are distributed according to percentage of players in different zones. US / EUROPE / ASIA. The timers can change dynamically according to player base, when a port falls neutral.

Maybe this will cause many other Problems. 

What you think about my suggestion? I think this would only hit clans a bit that are hiding behind a Timer. Give the AI in AI hostility mission some good loot and Players will Love to kill it 😁

@adminm honestly interested in your opinion 😀

Does that mean US players can do these AI activity tests and pull EU timers during our prime time or is this just more EU player whinging about the 25 or so US tz timers out of 300 ports you can attack on the map?   

I remember several times prior to the wipe and even shortly after release your clan, primarily EU based, used US timers to avoid fights so EU clans couldn’t take your ports.  

It would appear that timer abuse is primarily an EU player thing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

It would appear that timer abuse is primarily an EU player thing.  

Of course it is.

Im just searching for a method to make it some effort to Set YOUR timers in YOUR night. You can still do so, but prepare to have a nightwatch then ... 

Im 100% ok with setting every clan His timers in his primetime ...