Game-Labs Forum

Shattering Enemy

Bk917

One thing I find challenging about UA:AoS (and UGCW) is how often a unit routs repeatedly, but keeps coming back even after it is small and should give up. It is like Freddy Krueger or Jason , how many times these units rally from routing. 

My units try to move on to the next objective, and get flanked (or rearflanked) by these annoying units (sometimes very small). 

It seems that after a unit “shatters,” it is gone. Is that right?

How can I expedite units shattering? I try to charge them from behind when they are touting, but can’t always catch up.

Similarly, what are the mechanics for capturing enemies?

Once a unit shatters it's gone for good. Units shatter when at low hp % and at low morale thresholds.

Enemies have a chance to surrender anytime you deal sufficient damage to them. This chance will be higher the more casualties they've taken, if their officer is wounded/killed, the lower their morale, the more numbers you have in the local area compared to their local numbers, and how completely they are surrounded. Melee tends to have the highest success rate, but only if you can keep the enemy unit surrounded and limit their escape routs.

Once the enemy unit routs and starts to run away from you, as soon as you start to lose contact with them it's probably better to just halt your unit and fire into their backs instead of wasting the condition chasing them.

Best way to deal with this is to setup your lines to maintain continuous fire on enemy units every time they get near. Basically you're creating a large net and slowly tightening it. You don't want to tighten the net too quickly because this increases the chances of a unit slipping out and making more work for yourself to chase it down. Best case scenario you pin all enemy units against impassable terrain and just annihilate them in place. This setup also has the benefit of every time an enemy unit comes back at you it's going to get by fire from 4-5 units at once and almost instantly rout again.