Game-Labs Forum

Will this game be an on line game ?

MrSaid

10 hours ago, MrSaid said:

Will I be able at some point be able to play others on line ?

Greetings Admiral.

Our current plans are to finish all planned features and release the game. After that we might consider such options as multiplayer, but there are no guarantees or promises at this stage

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral.

Our current plans are to finish all planned features and release the game. After that we might consider such options as multiplayer, but there are no guarantees or promises at this stage

An online multiplayer campaign (like Total War) would be awesome though...

• Like 3

Let's let the devs focus on making the single player game great first.  I still don't understand this fixation with on-line, okay, its nice, but all too often it seems in today's world they force multiplayer into a game which only makes it suck.

• Like 7

The only interest I would have in online would be to arrange campaign play with friends because I can rely on them not to try to introduce cheats/hacks, plus be prepared to devote days and weeks to play through a campaign.

No offence, but I'm old enough and grumpy enough to find the average online gamer a POWERFUL reason to avoid any such play.

The WG titles not only suffered from their atrocious and dishonest development and business practices, they ACTIVELY pursued lowest common denominator strategies. Trouble with that is it translates to much of the game's enjoyment being tied to how well you can tolerate the consequences of that lowest common denominator "I play for fun, and winning isn't fun" player.

No thanks, never again for me, LOL.

• Like 1

I have no intrest in the wows style of a bunch of players. On the other hand of that a grand campaign would be of interest. Though I don't always want to control the enemy fleet. One thing I enjoyed about total war is I could sit back and watch how my friend handled his battles. Now if the AI government decides that our two nations go to war, well all bets are off and may the best one win.

• Like 1

I support and I agree with the idea that you can play with your friend/friends in campaign. But other than that nooo. I played wows since it released. I bought premium ships for fun. But nowadays I regret buying them. Why? Because the ridiculous powercreep, and nonexistent paper ships which are better than actual historical ships. So yea.

This game is very promising. I enjoy playing it. It covers an era that I am interested in. And also the most important thing is historical accuracy which I also love in this game.

(Sorry if I made some mistake in english)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

The only interest I would have in online would be to arrange campaign play with friends because I can rely on them not to try to introduce cheats/hacks, plus be prepared to devote days and weeks to play through a campaign.

Would love that, simliar to D&D basically with the campaign lengths

11 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

No offence, but I'm old enough and grumpy enough to find the average online gamer a POWERFUL reason to avoid any such play.

The WG titles not only suffered from their atrocious and dishonest development and business practices, they ACTIVELY pursued lowest common denominator strategies. Trouble with that is it translates to much of the game's enjoyment being tied to how well you can tolerate the consequences of that lowest common denominator "I play for fun, and winning isn't fun" player.

No thanks, never again for me, LOL.

I just can't be arsed with the general incompetency and arsery most online players produce on a regular basis, plus at least i don't ruin anyways elses fun by playing this game and can make my own stories up too.

Gives your ships more life and character.

• Like 1