Game-Labs Forum

Dear devs,

as you surely know the HMS Victory is one of the most if not the most famous vessel from the age of sail. It has not only taken part in some major battles and been Nelson’s flagship at Trafalgar. It also survived or even defeated the other first rates implemented into the game.

Her legend is that great and her service so long, that you consider to bring her into the game in a classic version - as I understand!?

But why?

Imo the Victory in game is pretty much obsolete as it is right now, because of the following:

1. The other first rates are superior in durability (combination of thickness, hp and hull shape).

Combined with the Victory beeing prone to a steep heel, the danger of getting leakshot exceeds those of the other 1st rates by a large margin.

2. The other first rates have better top speeds.

3. The Victory‘s better upwind sailing abilities are too slight to be called a real asset / advantage over the other first rates.

4. The Victory has a better turnrate than the other first rates, but that’s not of much importance in big line fights like portbattles. In open world fights the faster 2nd and 3rd rates are the better option because of thier speed, better sailing profiles and turnrate.

5 . Keeping the above mentioned things in mind the Victory has a rather high br value compared with other SOL, that makes her even less useful:

If the br limit in pb is too low to field enough l’Oceans and Santis you‘d rather pic Christians or Buccentaures.

They have far less br than the Vic although they have similar damage, thickness, hp and turnrate plus more speed.

I’d really appreciate a classic version of the Vic, but without buffing both versions of the ship it seems rather pointless to implement her into the game.

It would be great though if you’d tweak her stats so she could be a good alternative to the other 1st rates again.

As this is not meant as an accusation I’d appreciate you commenting this post - if I’m wrong or you have another opinion tell me, I’d like to read your reasons.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 3

I agree on the leak problem and usability issues of the Victory, a fine ship that is useless in the current meta. Victory (and Pavel) need help.

Nitpick: 

• Victory and Santisima were in battles on opposing side lots of times but never in a duel.
  • Victory never dueled an Ocean class ship.
  • By being on the winning side a ton of 74 gun ships 'survived or even defeated' the large first rates too, does that automatically make them superior? - it's not a good argument 

I could ofc be wrong on this and would be happy to see if there actually ever was a duel Vic vs X :)

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 1

Give it carronade option in all decks, 68s on the lowest  part, make it a shotgun. Could make it viable and stick out(and fun) a battering ram, destroyer of lines.

I know admin said something about the guns being modeled in the actual 3d model before and thats why they dont want to give 1st rates carroes. But the wappen also show guns even when you put carroes in the lowest deck so dont think it should matter much

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I agree on the leak problem and usability issues of the Victory, a fine ship that is useless in the current meta. Victory (and Pavel) need help.

Nitpick: 

• Victory and Santisima were in battles on opposing side lots of times but never in a duel.
  • Victory never dueled an Ocean class ship.
  • By being on the winning side a ton of 74 gun ships 'survived or even defeated' the large first rates too, does that automatically make them superior? - it's not a good argument 

I could ofc be wrong on this and would be happy to see if there actually ever was a duel Vic vs X :)

You’re right about the Victory vs. another 1st rate thing:

- Vic vs Santi both in fleets happened

- Vic vs. l‘Ocean class idk, probably not (look up the two battles of Ouessant and the battle of St. Vincent lineup, if you can get a hand on it)

- I also don’t think that there had been real duells between Vic and other SOL, because they almost never sailed alone as far as I know.

Sorry for being inaccurate in the phrasing of my words.

I also didn’t want to suggest that the Vic was superior to the other 1st rates,  just want her to be sort of equall in game because she certainly has kept up with them back in the days.

Edit: And yes, the Pavel also needs help!

Edited by Navalus Magnus