Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch information

3 minutes ago, Borch said:

You should not penalize players but rather reward them for staying with the weaker side.

So stronger side players can benefit of the rewards via their alts ? No Thx.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, admin said:

Flags are coming back!

How does this fit in with the changes you've announced were port battle fleets will be teleported to the battle instance? 

• Like 1

When we had flags before we only had one tp (I think with a 4 hour cooldown) . Its a lot easier to tp around the map now

16 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

When we had flags before we only had one tp (I think with a 4 hour cooldown) . Its a lot easier to tp around the map now

That was removed quite early in 2016 though, while flags still remained a thing

• Thanks 1

Are Flags tradeable to other nations?

Ex. British pull Port X, they trade it to a French clan that then conducts the PB, and gets the port.

3 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

So stronger side players can benefit of the rewards via their alts ? No Thx.

Benefit, like what? Playing for the weaker side and helping them in battles against their original nation? If they will get bonus by helping the weaker side then whats wrong here?

Original idea is that you shouldnt nerf but improve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borch said:

Benefit, like what?

Perhaps if we provide increased resources, drops, Reals, Doubloons, etc to the weaker sides, the alts of the supernation will gobble them up and transfer them to their supernation account.  Some players have dozens of accounts.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Perhaps if we provide increased resources, drops, Reals, Doubloons, etc to the weaker sides, the alts of the supernation will gobble them up and transfer them to their supernation account.  Some players have dozens of accounts.

If you nerf earnings in top nations they will send alts to the weaker ones to gobble the earnings up and transfer to their supernation account. Its the same. 

Like I said, its about the perception. It looks better to improve one side instead of nerfing other.

Besides, if you would develop a game trying to avoid cheaters then this game would be unplayable for everyone but especially people that are trying to play without cheats. You cant avoid alt abuse no matter what but you make the game worse for everybody trying.

9 hours ago, Liq said:

That was removed quite early in 2016 though, while flags still remained a thing

If I recall they still had the capital tp once a day for a long while after that. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, Nixolai said:

its pretty annoying not to have a warning of an impending attack, but there should be no middle ground. Its either 24h warning time or none, if none i consider this a shitty update

We are forgetting about the 1 hour waisted or would say 3 hours we sat waiting to see if some one pulled the flag or not.  Some times we wouldn't pull a flag just to troll folks thinking we where going to attack.   Than other days we pull 5 flags and you had to guess which one if not more than one (we used multi alts) had the flags or not.  You also don't know where the flag was pulled, I would make it new flags would announce where it's pulled from so they have to make it through any such screeners to plant it.  It also needs to be heavy enough that no trader lynx or other super small fast ship can carry them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SwordSmith95 said:

Are Flags tradeable to other nations?

Ex. British pull Port X, they trade it to a French clan that then conducts the PB, and gets the port.

No that would make the flag dead.  Basicly it's a chest/flag that is put on the ship you are in when you pull one.  Now I remember we where able to trade ships between clan mates to trick folks. 

The two ways to kill a flag is to catch the ship with it and sink it or to keep them from getting to the port and planting it.  You have to get to the port and sit there for a set time once that is done the PB is set.   We use to pick crazy places with shallows to sit in to keep from being tagged by bigger ships that would normally patroll that area while clan mates tagged any one trying to stop you.

7 hours ago, Borch said:

If you nerf earnings in top nations they will send alts to the weaker ones to gobble the earnings up and transfer to their supernation account. Its the same. 

Like I said, its about the perception. It looks better to improve one side instead of nerfing other.

Besides, if you would develop a game trying to avoid cheaters then this game would be unplayable for everyone but especially people that are trying to play without cheats. You cant avoid alt abuse no matter what but you make the game worse for everybody trying.

Good points.

I can't see how the Devs can ever address alts earning resources, cash etc.  Nerfing or buffing the amount of Reals, Doubloons, resources, etc. will not change their availability, cause alts can just obtain them and then transfer them to the super nation.

Ive suggested that the Devs create advantages for the minor nations and a disincentive for the super nation.  A self balancing mechanic.  But the benefits are not for players but for the nation.  The super nation becomes increasing difficult to maintain as the weaker ones become easier.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We are forgetting about the 1 hour waisted or would say 3 hours we sat waiting to see if some one pulled the flag or not.  Some times we wouldn't pull a flag just to troll folks thinking we where going to attack.   Than other days we pull 5 flags and you had to guess which one if not more than one (we used multi alts) had the flags or not.  You also don't know where the flag was pulled, I would make it new flags would announce where it's pulled from so they have to make it through any such screeners to plant it.  It also needs to be heavy enough that no trader lynx or other super small fast ship can carry them.

You could counter this by redoing how forts work in PB, make them more customizeable maybe through different designs and make them playable for players in PB's. Mostly all port battles fought was a large fleet vs different fortifications and a few ships, and it was more normally that the OW engagements had the huge fleet engagements, exceptions i can think of is Battle of Copenhagen.

This would do so a well planned attack could work, but it would be totally possible to defend the port without a full fleet of ships, but great utilization of the fort.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, admin said:

• Hostility changes
    •  
    • Hostility will be done with a flag
    • Flags will replace hostility
    • Port battle will happen NEXT DAY after flag placement.

Honestly, i think gameplaywise, it should be opposite:

1. After a Flag is bought, its on a 24 hour cooddown

2. All Players gets immediately a headsup via "Conquest information" at ingame map

3. After the cooldown of 24 hours is expired, the owner of the Flag has 1 or 2 hours (matter of debate) time to place it

4. If the Flag has been placed, the Port Battle opens IMMEDIATELY, and Attacker and Defender can join at their likings

5. From now on, everything is like it is now

Advantages:

- no "magical" teleporting needed for the PB Fleet the next day !

- reasonable screening

- Defender gets a 24 hour headsup to prepare for defense

Disadvantages from @admin system:

- we will get massive Flag Attacks of whom the Defender isnt even aware of, or if he is aware, has nearly no time for planning a proper defense

- the next day, everytime the best 25 PB - Players of each side would be assembled, teleporting magically into Port and having their showdown...whilst the rest of the server will just sitting idle aside and hoping for the best :( 

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 3

Maybe add that when you win a PB by being in the PB you cannot do any pb's of flag planting on that account for 24 hours.

This does two things, it makes an alt account (more money to the company) more important than just for production.
Also means that unless it's alt accounts flipping every other port it opens opportunity for other players to join in.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, admin said:

We are no longer satisfied with griefing during screening, and are axing the screening completely. 

:)

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, admin said:

Flags are coming back!

Why on earth do you bring back something that didn't work in the first place?

Who even likes hostilities you asked? Well first you should've asked before you go back to a mechanic that didn't work well. But the main thing is you actually should have asked.

How about changing die hostility mechanics itself instead of bringing back stupid flags?

You know what I don't understand? You bring back the races for fast trader Lynx but you removed the screening of the battle fleet. So people have to buy flags like at the beginng, sail that flag to the port like at the beginning, place the flag like at the beginning and because you didn't like all the griefing around all this mechanics we teleport our fleets into the battle. What's your logic behind that? And THAT's exactly the point where I ask if you even play this game yourself. And by playing I mean on a daily base on the regular server. Not just a few hours on some intern test servers.

You want an idea to make hostility better? You shouldn't have allowed for enemies to enter them from the very first moment to begin with. And instead of making it an event in which the better clock stoppers are winning make it that the hostility battles can only start at a certain time. For me I liked them. Why? Because we like to fight ships you know. That's why we are playing this game. What we don't like is the exhausting pressure to catch some uncatchable little bugger with a flag. That's what we all hated and was replaced.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rediii said:

That new flag mechanics sounds very bad to be honest. It basicly makes multiflips with the intend to noshow to some of them very easy.

Would you be so kind and link me the post with detailed flag mechanics which allowed you to make your statements? It just seems to me that you are just saying incorrect words based on thin air.

We suggest players withhold commenting until they know and maybe even test the exact mechanics.

• Like 6

On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, admin said:
  • Hostility changes
    • Hostiltiy will be slowed down
    • Hostility missions will give points to clan and not to the nation.
      • This is done so several clans cannot bomb the hostility instantly
    • Clan will only get 1 mission per port and can only do 1 hostility mission in a row.
      • To get a new one (automatically) the first hostility mission will have to be completed
      • Once first mission is completed second will automatically appear on the map. Swords (misison position) will be visible to everyone in the clan. 
      • Once all mission chains are fulfilled the hostility will raise to 100%. If competing clans are doing hostility slower you will get the port battle. 
    • Doubloons must be paid to take a hostility mission. Doubloons will depend on the total invested points of the port.
    • Hostility misison banner will indicate the taker (who took the mission). 
    • Hostility points can also be generated or taken down by OW pvp against attacker alliance (clan attacking a port) or defender alliance (clan defending a port). OW Hostility will grant hostility points to all ports of that clan in the vicinity; this is done to avoid old problems with locating the proper port (if 3 ports are close to a kill location)
    • Hostility will be done with a flag
    • Flags will replace hostility
    • Port battle will happen next day after flag placement

So you killed the first good approach (strikethrough text) with the old flag system which we had ages ago?

Hopefully we don't get back that multi port flipping with that change. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

So you killed the first good approach (strikethrough text) with the old flag system which we had ages ago?

Where does it say it will be an old flag system? Please no more assumptions. You literally assumed something that does not exist and then started hated on in without even knowing what the feature will look like. 

Well actually all ok.. We always say - assume the worst. So you are doing a right thing :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gepanzerte Gurke said:

Then leave it with the game and give people the money back when you are tired of developing the game.

You should just be more responsive to the community

Can you communicate just like other players do with a normal font? Seems like you're only looking for attention

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Comrade FrosT said:

Can you communicate just like other players do with a normal font? Seems like you're only looking for attention

he copy-pasted it that way after using translate 

• Like 1

It's a normal response to asume the old system of the flags will be used in the new situation. You made it clear it will not. That can be told in a normal way and tone. I'm interrested in it. The old system was not even that bad, cause a lot could happen. The enemy could penetrate deep into your territory but needed to plant the flag. Was a fun way and pushed you to the limit of finding and evading.

The thing was the time limit. Timers where 20-22, enemy would pull flag at 21:59. plant around 22:45 and pb was til 23:45. If attacker failed, it was a 2 hours backpaddle with fleet that was still there, for atleast the time you needed to get back. All with all, 6/7 hours. Big investment. 

Advantage where:

-Lots of people having a role, all ranks could participate

-Loads of gameplay in this timeframe

Disadvantage was:

-Every day a lot of time needed

-Most players burned out and there was no way foor a 'cooldown'

-fake flags

If the pb can happen in the timeframe, flags need to be pulled earlier to make the pb, and it will be in the timframe. Cooldowns are important, cause there is more to life than NA, even for hardcore players. Everyone should be able to somehow contribute to the defense of the port where they have invested in, not just the 'elite'. Ad false flags, are like grieving, a tactical method for taking an advantage in a pb, so should have a big negative.

I would say, Nation that pulled a false flag, cannot attack that port for 10 days, or clan(and friends) would be better incase of altclans.

I'm curious with the new system and hope to be able to see it soon.

I like the fact that you're trying to come up with a new system and it will be hard to keep everyone happy. Programming is not done in a day..In the end you made a wonderfull game, with looks and sounds epic in my eyes. For that you'll keep your positive review. 

o7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Where does it say it will be an old flag system? Please no more assumptions. You literally assumed something that does not exist and then started hated on in without even knowing what the feature will look like. 

Well actually all ok.. We always say - assume the worst. So you are doing a right thing :)

Then give us details and stop throwing single words arround which gives a wide option for you what you actually mean.

What exactly is it? Can multiple nations buy a flag and grief another nation till they quitt due to exhaustion? Or will the nation who is the quickest in buying the flag the lucky nation? And how do you make it a fun event on PvE server? Honestly, throw us a bone here.

• Like 2