Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch information

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, admin said:

We are now also reworking EXIT TIMER which will depend on damage per last minute to avoid people from keeping large ships in battle by single shots. I cant believe it took so long to realise this. To keep a person in battle you will have to deliver good amount of damage otherwise this battle is over.

Actually that could be solution to your "screening griefing" instead of removing it.

And yes, I agree with @Tsiang Dao Ming - what will happen during, for example, chase when you are stedily (but slowly) gaining on fleeing enemy and keeping his sails under fire from chasers with roundshot (very low damage on sails)?

P.S. @Lars Kjaer is the second one (after me) who asks you about the usefulness and necessity of OW...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Actually that could be solution to your "screening griefing" instead of removing it.

 

Well no

I have 1 programmer who is filled with work on current priorities and cutting the gangrene is the best way. Screening is cut and not coming back ever again. Screening should be done during hostiltiy and port battle day is for port battles, for some reason it turned into a SECOND attempt to stop the port battle.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin said:

Well no

I have 1 programmer who is filled with work on current priorities and cutting the gangrene is the best way. Screening is cut and not coming back ever again. Screening should be done during hostiltiy and port battle day is for port battles, for some reason it turned into a SECOND attempt to stop the port battle.

 

 

Have you looked at my thread about suggestions to improve rookies's life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, admin said:

We like it better as an event ship.
We were just replying to the statement that the ship is not in game. Many captains own it and some sail it. 

This great ship and your work creating it is almost wasted as event ship. Without good woods + portboni it's nothing more than a collectors item. 

Why should I sail a sabicu sabicu de ruyter without portboni against full seasoned redoubtables? Or craftable ships with portboni? 

Please think about making it a craftable ship with very rare permit. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

who asks you about the usefulness and necessity of OW...

I really have to wonder how someone could seriously suggest abolishing the wide ocean, and nothing else is OW, in an age of sail game...

... which gets much of its atmosphere out of... sailing through the wide ocean. ^^

(which I find essential and enjoyable. If you think it is "too wide" - there are the wind boosts for you)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

 

And yes, I agree with @Tsiang Dao Ming - what will happen during, for example, chase when you are stedily (but slowly) gaining on fleeing enemy and keeping his sails under fire from chasers with roundshot (very low damage on sails)?

 

Gone. Thanks for screening and holding in battles too. Battle timer will increase but if you cant get to the good damage zone in 10 mins Bye bye.
Tag properly Or sail essex with control perk ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:


Tag properly Or sail essex with control perk ;)

Thats not how you buff essex

Prince will do the job better 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, admin said:

This waste of other people's time is not content

We are now also reworking EXIT TIMER which will depend on damage per last minute to avoid people from keeping large ships in battle by single shots. I cant believe it took so long to realise this. To keep a person in battle you will have to deliver good amount of damage otherwise this battle is over.

 See. thanks for bad people behaviour the game is getting better.. Slow but steady.

You are gonna need to change ship speeds for this. If I'm tagging a Christian which is going 14-15knts downwind (which is fuc'king absurd) and I'm gaining on it at 15.5knts but I can only hit its sails will I do enough damage to keep him in battle?

Right now so much of the PvP meta is focused around kiting people because:

1. Nearly all ships can go over 14 knots

2. Its easy to catch Indiaman which give easy doubloons.

3. There is very little risk involved.

 

If you change exit timers to be dependent on damage then it only reinforces this kiting/speed meta which makes for some of the most boring PvP I have ever been a part of. I regularly take an Agamemnon or something to the PZ and people just run away from me, why are they kiting in PZ, the aim is to deal damage there is literally a circle that stops them from running so they just sail around the edge of it.

Edited by ashley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

Gone. Thanks for screening and holding in battles too. Battle timer will increase but if you cant get to the good damage zone in 10 mins Bye bye.
Tag properly Or sail essex with control perk ;)

Chasing someone for 40 mins and catch him finally in one battle is better than tack him 5 times for 10 mins battles and don't catch him. 

Doesn't sound like an improvement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ashley said:

If you change exit timers to be dependent on damage then it only reinforces this kiting/speed meta which makes for some of the most boring PvP I have ever been a part of. I regularly take an Agamemnon or something to the PZ and people just run away from me, why are they kiting in PZ, the aim is to deal damage there is literally a circle that stops them from running so they just sail around the edge of it.

How so? How do you calculate this? Speed and kiting is relevant now because you can hold distance and use speed to slowly gain or distance youself and 1 cannonball into sails from 1.5km is enought to keep the target in battle. In damage based exit =  You wont deliver enough damage from kiting distance = you target laughs and exits. 

PZ is different because in PZ you are almost sure you will sink and cant exit for a while, thats why they kite - to max damage. But they will be dead eventually. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, admin said:

Well no

I have 1 programmer who is filled with work on current priorities and cutting the gangrene is the best way. Screening is cut and not coming back ever again. Screening should be done during hostiltiy and port battle day is for port battles, for some reason it turned into a SECOND attempt to stop the port battle.

 

 

Shure becaus the hostilitie wasnt be able to stop ... bigest port on map need 4 groups of 10 players in first rates and its a insta flip ... maybe check the player base of russia and u see they can flipp 10 ports easy instant because just some port need 50 players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, admin said:

How so? How do you calculate this? Speed and kiting is relevant now because you can hold distance and use speed to slowly gain or distance youself and 1 cannonball into sails from 1.5km is enought to keep the target in battle. In damage based exit =  You wont deliver enough damage from kiting distance = you target laughs and exits. 

PZ is different because in PZ you are almost sure you will sink and cant exit for a while, thats why they kite - to max damage. But they will be dead eventually. 
 

So u want say me requin get other bow cannons or u raise the damage of the 2pd cannons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gimli_balinson said:

Shure becaus the hostilitie wasnt be able to stop ... bigest port on map need 4 groups of 10 players in first rates and its a insta flip ... maybe check the player base of russia and u see they can flipp 10 ports easy instant because just some port need 50 players 

You should read the patchnotes information first - it said - hostility time will be unified and slowed down. All ports will take similar time despite player numbers. Having numbers will just allow defenders or attackers to stop it from happening. There will be no more insta hostility flips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin it’s incredible but i did :) i just say it went to a second try to get the port save because it wasn’t possible to get them at the hosty :) so if u change the hostility i think screening will change also and we get great content again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, admin said:

Gone. Thanks for screening and holding in battles too. Battle timer will increase but if you cant get to the good damage zone in 10 mins Bye bye.
Tag properly Or sail essex with control perk ;)

"Tag properly".. if i chase opponent even if i am faster he can start tag as soon as my ship in tag circle and will end up in battle at maximum distance. If want this then i suggest you also look into taging mechanics. 

You are about to change one of most important mechanics in game. Please test it well😉. If you don't you risc completely destroying open sea encounters.

 

Maybe something as simple as if you are the attacking side (the one who tagged opponent) you can't leave battle for 30 mins. (I.e after 30 mins normal rules for escaping/exit battle applie).

With this, defender will have a choice in wether to tag or not... either a) risc attacker getting good tag on you, or b) make sure battle start at maximum distance, but with 30 min penalty to being able to exit battle...

Edited by Tsiang Dao Ming
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Comrade FrosT said:

The only nation that would welcome such a thing, is Russia. They will be able to defend more easily their overextended nation, with less players and most importantly with the most experienced ones.
That being said, we know you have your reasons, but I would like to tell you Lars and I play in Danmark-Norge, which barely has 25-30 active RvR players, which means we will always suffer from zergs with screening fleets. But that's not the point. Even if you don't make it into the port battle, you get a fight (2/3 of the times at least). 

And everyone will miss those huge screening fights, that are CONTENT. That's it. 
I won't criticise your decisions, mostly because I don't know the details: patch note is not clear, we don't know how hostility will effectively be, we don't know how port investments (and point cap for each port) will work, we don't know how the TP into the port battle will be. There's many things we have no clue of, and that's the problem.
It will be a "surprise" when you release the patch.

Can we please get more details in this? Thank you in advance

Actually you will not miss screening fights. If the hostility will be extended, then you will be screened during hostility and barely ever will be able to see any PB.

6 minutes ago, Tsiang Dao Ming said:

"Tag properly".. if i chase opponent even if i am faster he can start tag as soon as my ship in tag circle and will end up in battle at maximum distance. If want this then i suggest you also look into taging mechanics. 

You are about to change one of most important mechanics in game. Please test it well😉. If you don't you risc completely destroying open sea encounters.

Not only that. All speed mods that work during battle instance but doesn't work in OW should be reworked to accomodate the changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Borch said:

Actually you will not miss screening fights. If the hostility will be extended, then you will be screened during hostility and barely ever will be able to see any PB.

The whole point is that admin doesn't want to give us precise details about how hostility will work (yes, it will be slowed down, and...??). If I knew, I wouldn't complain about removal of screening in current state of the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't like the idea of Portbattles without screening.
Screening was a way for all players of a nation to participate in the RVR even if they were not part of the portbattle fleet. It is content and important.
It's never good if the content of a game is decreased instead of increased.

Edited by Karpfanger
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

I don't like the idea of Portbattles without screening.
Screening was a way for all players of a nation to participate in the RVR even if they were not part of the portbattle fleet. It is content and important.
It's never good if the content of a game is decreased instead of increased.

Repelling hostility (if hostility will work that way, not sure) might add similar content as will be lost when "axing" screening. So maybe will still have chance to participate in rvr but not during "screening" stage but during "hostility".

Edited by Tsiang Dao Ming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, admin said:


Majority of players do not want to be zerged and want a real chance for a port battle. We are removing the screen because the community did not handle themselves and abusers during screening and just passed this responsibility onto us by means of tribunals. I have no desire to sit in tribunals all day, so i am removing screening and give a small group an equal chance. 

Sorry @admin to disagree with you because i am counting myself to those "casual" Players, you mean by majority...

Even with my around 1.800 hours in this game (divided over 4 years) i am not a hardcore RVR Player nor i ever was !

 

I was in approximately 10 Port battles in my career and this is fine, because there are much better players than me out there...so they deserve the slot !!

But what me and many others of similar skill, konwledge and time in this game liked the most, were those by you dreaded SCREENING Battles :) 

Here we, your so called majority, could help God and fatherland, got a glimpse what RvR could mean to us, learned about and may earned the respect of better players to get from time to time a slot in PBs...

 

Now you will take all of this away...

 

PBs with teleport will even more be restricted to the Experts because their outcome now will ONLY rely on skill and outfit level of their ships ! Good players cant be excluded anymore from PBs by a well made tagg

Your mentionend Hostility Missions are mostly PvE, which Players like me are sick of, we want big Battles with real Players !

...and a Hostility Mission gets you only this, when your attacking group get jumped and good luck to survive this, because most times you fight then the remaining AI AND the real Players...and because of your mechanic that own losses counts so hard in and there will be no screening later, those Hostility Missions will ALSO be performed by the best Players only and normal Players will not be welcomed, because they can sabotage the whole mission with lacking skill

 

So in the end, you will reach the contrary of what you want: you EXCLUDE the majority of Players from RvR

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Cid said:

This great ship and your work creating it is almost wasted as event ship. Without good woods + portboni it's nothing more than a collectors item. 

Why should I sail a sabicu sabicu de ruyter without portboni against full seasoned redoubtables? Or craftable ships with portboni? 

Please think about making it a craftable ship with very rare permit. 

Scared to sail a ship that might be worse than your opponent´s one? meta-mimimi this is

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I very much regret that the de Ruyter was only available in an event in which I could not participate. It is also a pity that the Implacable blueprint is so rare or only available in the Home Fleet boxes. Too bad for these good ships and the many players who would like to sail them.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tsiang Dao Ming said:

Repelling hostility (if hostility will work that way, not sure) might add similar content as will be lost when "axing" screening. So maybe will still have chance to participate in rvr but not during "screening" stage but during "hostility".

Have you ever taken part in an attempt to combat Russian hostility?
"Great" when 20 players stand around stacked hostility missions, in the top one a small fast ship that only keeps the mission open.
That's content you don't want.
@Admin: Is this hostility mission stacking actually fixed?

Still, I think it's positive that work is being done on the hostility missions. But try to change it only slightly please and not so extreme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

Have you ever taken part in an attempt to combat Russian hostility?
"Great" when 20 players stand around stacked hostility missions, in the top one a small fast ship that only keeps the mission open.
That's content you don't want.
@Admin: Is this hostility mission stacking actually fixed?

Still, I think it's positive that work is being done on the hostility missions. But try to change it only slightly please and not so extreme.

No, i haven't participated in any hostility whatsoever. I will leave this discussion to those who have😘.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well. im a pirate player on the pve server and i was expecting to see the wrecker blueprint added to the game. Cause then we can improve the ship and enjoy it. and try to craft a purple or a gold ship for it. and enjoy it. So a lot of crafters will be pissed off if it aint possible to craft it.  I would like to see a permit added and the blueprint so that we can craft the ship with our own woods. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...