Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch information

20 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

Right now, the entire discussion about PvP/PvE is pointless and should be closed. 

None of us knows  how player number/ distribution reacts to the forthcoming, cheaper version of NA.

Maybe we even need more than 2 servers after that ? 

every attempt to attract more (and also new) players to this game ended in a disaster (sorry to say it that way).

you'll have a short population grow for one or two month and then a decrease again to those hardcore(!) players like us.

and the reason for this are well known, not only by the community here (the forum is full of good (ignored) suggestions and rejected (well worked) ideas).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Staunberg99 said:

Build in an action House where you can by dubs for 25 real. Plenty of sulotions. But think it is a given if you change a game, adjustment need to be made.

My remark to no PvE on war was because somebody stated as a fact, that peace was PvE, hence no PvP. Thats why I said war PvP no PvE. I am not against PvE on war.

So people are going to be happy that their dubs that are worth 300-350 reals now are going to be worth 25 reals soon? I don't think so. Every MMO ever has shown that you can't have PvP without PvE. All of your solutions end with either making dubs extremely hard to get which fuc'ks over 1 part of the player base or making them extremely easy to get which fuc'ks over the other part.

19 hours ago, Staunberg99 said:

does anybody expect if you change an inviroment by ading new stuff, that everything els should stay the same? But that said I level an account to kontraadmiral(dane) I did not lose 1 ship. How many ships do ppl actually lose on peace?

Of course you need to change stuff, but first you have to ask if it needs changing at all and how does that change benefit certain players? For those on the PvE server, no PvP change will benefit them.

Edited by ashley

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So when are we going to see these patches?  Some time next fall?  What every happend to the Wrecker suppose to be ready in Feb?

For your information wrecker is in game and there was even an public in game event which allowed players to capture it
https://steamcommunity.com/games/311310/announcements/detail/1710743922846386467 

We do not have informatoin when its going to be part of the event again. 

10 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Here's a radical suggestion, but one that makes sense in light of the upcoming update.

Remove the PvP server and reduce it to a lobby based game. It's the effect of the upcoming patch changes anyway so why not just accept that GL don't have the manpower or the ingenuity to make a functioning sandbox game and remove the sandbox element.

The effects I see from the upcoming patchnotes:

The effect of allowing every port to become a 55p port: Fewer targets in OW (since ppl can and will make ports in close proximity to eachother into econ ports wich reduces travel time, which reduces risk in OW) = more "griefing" on PvE players doing missions = less PvE players = Less hunters = Less targets = Less players in total.

The effect of tp'ing to PB = Less PvP fights = Less content for casuals = Less players

The effect of increasing grind to set up a PB = Less players, let's just be honest: Who among the RvR population likes doing hostility? It's a necessary evil and increasing the bother will only decrease the cost/benefit calculation every player makes before playing a game.

The effect of tp'ing coupled with the frontline system, coupled with the increasing grind to hostility mission: Less RvR = Less content for the zerg = More boredom = Less players.

I'm at a loss to explain how any1 can have a game that had so much potential and so royally hello kitty it up.

See Lars.. Everyone has to do what they are good at. When we stopped management by committee on this forum and started doing what real player wants, what is right for the game and us online stopped falling and revenue started growing. To do that we just had to stop listening to players like you as you first have no idea about things you are suggesting and have no financial incentives if you are wrong.  All things you complain about will make the game  better for others.

edited by the suggestion of @Staunberg99

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

See Lars.. Everyone has to do what they are good at. When we stopped management by committee on this forum and started doing what is right for the game and us online stopped falling and revenue started growing. To do that we just had to stop listening to players like you as you first have no idea what you are talking about and have no financial incentives when you are wrong.  All things you complain about will make a better for others 

bye lars. 

Name one suggestion I've come up with that you actually listened to.

That being said - you're right. I have no financial incentive to make a right or wrong call. That doesn't change the fact that I, and many others cared deeply for the game, the time period, the community and actually for the project of GameLabs as a whole. It also doesn't change the fact that your reply is arrogant and short sighted.

One final question if you will:

Tell me why we have an OW at all? What is gained by having the OW? And am I wrong in my presumption that players will go the easy route and make econ upgrades as close to crafting centres as possible? And will this not reduce traveltime (which granted can be beneficient) but also decrease the chance/likelyhood of finding targets in the OW?

Granted that was more than one question, but I would appreciate a reply nonetheless.

"bye" admin.

4 minutes ago, Staunberg99 said:

Pretty sure he is a real player. I play with him. Fair enough you disagree with him, but to Call him, I guess a fake player, Well thats a new low. 
To my knowledge he is not the only one have concerns abouth the changes. Are they also not real players?

We did not say he is a fake player? Where did we say it. We said he has no idea what he is talking about. And all who thing that TP to the battle is bad are mistaken. 
They are mistaken in one thing - its bad for them. But they are a minority

Majority of players do not want to be zerged and want a real chance for a port battle. We are removing the screen because the community did not handle themselves and abusers during screening and just passed this responsibility onto us by means of tribunals. I have no desire to sit in tribunals all day, so i am removing screening and give a small group an equal chance. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Name one suggestion I've come up with that you actually listened to.

I am not good at being a central midfilder or mezzalla on a football pitch. I am not giving advice to mezallas and do not complain when they do not play as i tell them. We listen to useful feedback (even from critics) thats why Steirmarken flag collection and intrepido(banned) collection will still be a thing. As they proposed something useful and needed. Most features in game are by suggested by players, but we stopped working up by a committee. But the suggestion framework must be fulfilled.

So if you dont like Teleport to port battle - fine - but dont say shit about my opinions if they differ from yours. If you feel the desire to curse when responding to my ideas - get out of here and cool off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Staunberg99 said:

You edited you reply. Guess this will to.

9361D09B-465B-44FA-A48E-8E97B2F2CE0D.png

he is called a player in both. 
1st version - we stopped listening to players like Lars
2nd version (where we fixed some typos) - we stopped listening to players like lars

In both versions we stopped listening to whiners and doomsayers like lars

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

We did not say he is a fake player? Where did we say it. We said he has no idea what he is talking about. And all who thing that TP to the battle is bad are mistaken. 
They are mistaken in one thing - its bad for them. But they are a minority

Majority of players do not want to be zerged and want a real chance for a port battle. We are removing the screen because the community did not handle themselves and abusers during screening and just passed this responsibility onto us by means of tribunals. I have no desire to sit in tribunals all day, so i am removing screening and give a small group an equal chance. 

The only nation that would welcome such a thing, is Russia. They will be able to defend more easily their overextended nation, with less players and most importantly with the most experienced ones.
That being said, we know you have your reasons, but I would like to tell you Lars and I play in Danmark-Norge, which barely has 25-30 active RvR players, which means we will always suffer from zergs with screening fleets. But that's not the point. Even if you don't make it into the port battle, you get a fight (2/3 of the times at least). 

And everyone will miss those huge screening fights, that are CONTENT. That's it. 
I won't criticise your decisions, mostly because I don't know the details: patch note is not clear, we don't know how hostility will effectively be, we don't know how port investments (and point cap for each port) will work, we don't know how the TP into the port battle will be. There's many things we have no clue of, and that's the problem.
It will be a "surprise" when you release the patch.

Can we please get more details in this? Thank you in advance

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Id love to tp into battle more, since pb's wont have screening, create a new item,

Odin rune, tp your ship into an instance connected to the higest BR, active, ongoing PB, where you get placed on a random side. Make it esier for solo players, so you dont get to many teams of VOIP groups. 

With rewards given if the team you get to fight for wins the PB, if your team loses no rewards.  Lets say, all partisipants share the equivilant of a Raid reward of said port. So you need to win the "screening instance" and have the PB won of the team you get placed on, to get something from it.

Something like this would make my life so much more enjoyable, see the PBs that are gonna run one evening and plan my life accordingly, log on jump in a battle directly, that is not just Loki trolling, but actually pontentialy rewarding. 

And since PB's are announced anyway ingame, could use that as a serverwide "lets fight" signal for people to use this "rune"

Edited by Ponk

5 minutes ago, Staunberg99 said:

But in you first statement you clearly wrote real players. It is fair enough you regret that remark. Witch I guess you did, since you edited it. 

Oh.. THIS remark was different. I thought it was something else.  Sorry i will put it back so you dont feel offended by my edits and improvements. Everything and the game must stay as it is even if you see the way to improve it. Thanks for this suggestion.

13 minutes ago, Comrade FrosT said:

And everyone will miss those huge screening fights, that are CONTENT. That's it. 

This waste of other people's time is not content

We are now also reworking EXIT TIMER which will depend on damage per last minute to avoid people from keeping large ships in battle by single shots. I cant believe it took so long to realise this. To keep a person in battle you will have to deliver good amount of damage otherwise this battle is over.

See. thanks for bad people behaviour the game is getting better.. Slow but steady.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Sorry if it's not clear: it rarely happens, it only happened to me once over the dozens of times I got fun battles out of a port battle. Most of the times you get a real fight, with 20 ships per side that fight. And it won't happen anymore. Or am I wrong?

3 minutes ago, admin said:

We are now also reworking EXIT TIMER which will depend on damage per last minute to avoid people from keeping large ships in battle by single shots. I cant believe it took so long to realise this. To keep a person in battle you will have to deliver good amount of damage otherwise this battle is over.

This is good. I hope the amount of damage required is balanced, though...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, admin said:

I am not good at being a central midfilder or mezzalla on a football pitch. I am not giving advice to mezallas and do not complain when they do not play as i tell them. We listen to useful feedback (even from critics) thats why Steirmarken flag collection and intrepido(banned) collection will still be a thing. As they proposed something useful and needed. Most features in game are by suggested by players, but we stopped working up by a committee. But the suggestion framework must be fulfilled.

So if you dont like Teleport to port battle - fine - but dont say shit about my opinions if they differ from yours. If you feel the desire to curse when responding to my ideas - get out of here and cool off. 

I haven't actually cursed.

Regarding "exit" timer,

Look forward to it, only advise is to test it well before implementing. It's very easy to go from "not possible to exit battle" to "not possible to keep in battle". 

Neither way is good. But we'll see, happy this is being worked on😘

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I haven't actually cursed.

I'm at a loss to explain how any1 can have a game that had so much potential and so royally hello kitty it up.

Of course. You were like Lenin, you said party when you meant people. 

By valve opinion this game is one of the best releases from early access in 2019
By average hours per player its a top 25 game on steam. 
It's in 200 most played game on Steam overall by PCU

If you (your words) think its a royalLY *** ed up game, noone will ever give your advice a real chance, due to significant reality distortion field around you - which makes everything look worse in your mind, which transfers to your typing 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Staunberg99 said:

Well you are then just not one of those guys.
But some ppl, I guess just want to look for the bad side, other even on peace will look for the fun things to.

My guess we have plenty of guys on the peace server that have both a Pandora and a Hercules. You think I am wrong on that part. The skill to do the exame to proberbly, so they do the exame in Shroud. So plenty of Rig, hul and Rum.  Massive grind? Nope. Redeem sail out and have a couple of hours of fun. My guess on the cm earned you have no need to grind. But suddenly you will be High ranked. Might even try another PZ, but still have your main life in the game on peace.

Toxic chat. Hear that often, my self see little of that. Rearly open global and Danish chat is basicly dead, but could close it if needed. But look forward to hear from you when a clan on the peace server have lost a developped port in a AI Pb and another clan flip it, before the clan that have developed it can. Ore that will never happen an peace.

Toxic lately we have even seen Peace players making tribunal, so a little toxic I guess you have to🙂

Well wee have 1 or 2 clan very toxic on pve but not much as the pvp for sure 

Edited by Delaf

1 hour ago, admin said:

For your information wrecker is in game and there was even an public in game event which allowed players to capture it
https://steamcommunity.com/games/311310/announcements/detail/1710743922846386467 

We do not have informatoin when its going to be part of the event again. 

Wrecker is announced (by you) as a craftable ship which was aimed to be released in February. You posted the information in your development thread.

Also, giving the lack of dutch ships and the dutch community it may be nice to add the ship's blueprint to the game.

• Like 1

Larskjaer is one of the ones who saved danish nation and kept a lot of players in this game. He has been a good teacher and a good friend. He is not fake and deserve some respect after long time duty. ✌️❤️

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

Larskjaer is one of the ones who saved danish nation and kept a lot of players in this game. He has been a good teacher and a good friend. He is not fake and deserve some respect after long time duty. ✌️❤️

There is nothing better than a loyal vassal. You Sir are a great person

He requested kindly to unban his forum account for previous shitposting and now he is claiming we have royally ****ed the game again. It seems he just hates the game or devs of both. If only he was as loyal to admiralty as you to him.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, admin said:

See. thanks for bad people behaviour the game is getting better.. Slow but steady.

Will "control" perk will be reworked too then ?

About the screening battles, it was a time they were fun, but as we got bored of the full Ocean pb, and moved toward limited br port battles, we got in a weird stuff where you had to  come in smaller groups&ship but pb fitted, but met 25 1st rate screening you in OW, even if they mostly are trash ships,  and That will not be missed as it only gave content to griefers / toxic clans interfering with the RvR of other nations, and served the zerg nations.

5 minutes ago, Montagnes said:

Here is the thread where Wreker was advertised as craftable ship.

We like it better as an event ship.
We were just replying to the statement that the ship is not in game. Many captains own it and some sail it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, admin said:

We like it better as an event ship. 

Dutch community, which has been waiting for a ship built by their shipbuilders for a long time, won't like much this change.

Edited by Montagnes
  • Like 1