Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information

admin

On 4/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, admin said:
    • Doubloons must be paid to take a hostility mission. Doubloons will depend on the total invested points of the port.

Will there be a re-balance of doubloon payouts for missions and such any time soon? More and more things keep requiring doubloons yet doubloons themselves have never had an increase. Reals are almost pointless now.

• Like 4

On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, admin said:

Captains

Here is some information on the forthcoming large update (1-52 weeks)

I see what you did there 👍

• Hostility missions will give points to clan and not to the nation.
    • This is done so several clans cannot bomb the hostility instantly
  • Clan will only get 1 mission per port and can only do 1 hostility mission in a row.
    • To get a new one (automatically) the first hostility mission will have to be completed
    • Once first mission is completed second will automatically appear on the map. Swords (misison position) will be visible to everyone in the clan. 
    • Once all mission chains are fulfilled the hostility will raise to 100%. If competing clans are doing hostility slower you will get the port battle. 

With this new mechanic, will players from other clans still be able to help the clan doing the hostility in the hostility orders?

On 4/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, admin said:

I am foretelling another thing
If the level of abuse and toxicity in chat does not start falling starting now - all communication with enemies will be removed like in WOW.. people will say KEK and lkjsdfljwoeijow .. and that's all you will read from enemies. Hope this foretold warning will allow you as a community member to push more friendliness from allies.

Plans update 26th April

Additions to the patch

• Names and Clan Tags will come back to open world
    • Useful for Peace server due to international alliances
    • Important for hostility countering in open world combat

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Captains

Here is some information on the forthcoming large update (1-52 weeks)

• Major. Port investments improvements
    • Players will be able to invest into increase in port points, drastically changing the flexibility of port control bringing it into the alliance hands
  • Major. Transport to port battles item
    • We are no longer satisfied with griefing during screening, and are axing the screening completely. 
    • Clans will be able to transport their port battle fleet directly to port battle area using an item 
      • item will work both for attacker and defenders
    • Hostility will be slowed down and unified for all ports in points
  • Improvements to anti-farming mechanics (partially already deployed)
  • Major. New player starting mission to show case the game (not the port UI). 
  • Major. Cheaper edition launch (could happen a week later due to valve approval)
    • All current edition owners will receive a free DLC ship 
    • New price will be set at much lower levels
    • DLC will be then set for sale for new buyers.
    • This is going to be basically a 40-50 dollar gift for current version buyers
  • New rare trees only usable in shipbuilding (but not available in ships from the admiralty)

OupiIw3.png

• NPC raider routes in patrol zones (both PVE and PVP servers)
  • Light ship protectors for capitals. 
  • Naval Bases (tentative). Map control points generating area home defense fleets for the owners. 
    • not all ports - we will use historical large bases for this feature. 

Plans update 26th April

Additions to the patch

• Names and Clan Tags will come back to open world
    • Useful for Peace server due to international alliances
    • Important for hostility countering in open world combat
  • Exit timer will be changed
    • Old mechanic: hit the enemy from any distsance to keep him/her in battle
    • New mechanic: damage the enemy enough (% of their average HP of hull and sails) 
      • Battle timer will increase to 10 mins (initially)
      • The threshold wil not be told in UI as the best tactic to keep enemy in battle is to get close
      • It will be easier to keep damaged targets in battle as % of lower HP results in lower damage requirement
      • Certain changes will be done to damage, sail damage and sail repair cooldowns to increase the importance and influence of the correct first shot. 
      • This feature will significantly reduce or remove any time based griefing or time wasting, and in general will make battles more dynamic.
      • We also are fully aware that this feature will change ganking and chases significantly. The 60 min chases will be completely eliminated and those who loved 60 min chases will be vastly dissapointed. 
  • Hostility changes
    • Hostiltiy will be slowed down
    • Hostility missions will give points to clan and not to the nation.
      • This is done so several clans cannot bomb the hostility instantly
    • Clan will only get 1 mission per port and can only do 1 hostility mission in a row.
      • To get a new one (automatically) the first hostility mission will have to be completed
      • Once first mission is completed second will automatically appear on the map. Swords (misison position) will be visible to everyone in the clan. 
      • Once all mission chains are fulfilled the hostility will raise to 100%. If competing clans are doing hostility slower you will get the port battle. 
    • Doubloons must be paid to take a hostility mission. Doubloons will depend on the total invested points of the port.
    • Hostility misison banner will indicate the taker (who took the mission). 
    • Hostility points can also be generated or taken down by OW pvp against attacker alliance (clan attacking a port) or defender alliance (clan defending a port). OW Hostility will grant hostility points to all ports of that clan in the vicinity; this is done to avoid old problems with locating the proper port (if 3 ports are close to a kill location)
  • Some cannons can now be salvaged from a sinking ship in PVP 

Patch estimated time will be moved further. We do not want a rushed Titanic arrival and will take it slow.
To avoid any confusion on times we will slightly increase the lower and upper range of weeks when the patch can be deployed.
Old time 1 - 52 weeks
New time 12 - 54 weeks.

The lower and upper range changes will be announced separately, just in case someone grades us based on time to develop the features (not on the content itself). 

Stay safe and healthy everyone. Drink water, vitamin C and give lots of love to your families and parents.

never read something stupid... 1-52 weeks... lol

Edited by the Kidd

On 4/3/2020 at 11:45 AM, Borch said:

Visible names for all players in OW is currently priority on Peace server in my opinion.

On 4/24/2020 at 12:55 AM, Borch said:

Peace Server

Enable visible names for opposite nations players when in OW.

@Ink @slik

@Alex B.I have posted about this feature ages ago and also as you can see in my quotes, posted that in this section before the update from 26th this month

Is that going to be rewarded with 5 slot Wrecker after 1-52 weeks?

Names.png

6 minutes ago, admin said:

How are those issues related? One is disabling chat, another enabling names?

As far as I know removing player names was introduced for two reasons; one being players not running from more known players from the start, the second one being to cut the possibility to trashtalk someone for running straight away. I can see both NA chats and the forums becoming a whole lot more salty when you will be able to see playernames again. Right now its just like "meh I cant catch this guy, whatever, ill go back." However if players know who the player is that "is too scared to fight"...

I for one welcomed the removal of playernames in OW

• Like 14

49 minutes ago, Liq said:

As far as I know removing player names was introduced for two reasons; one being players not running from more known players from the start, the second one being to cut the possibility to trashtalk someone for running straight away. I can see both NA chats and the forums becoming a whole lot more salty when you will be able to see playernames again. Right now its just like "meh I cant catch this guy, whatever, ill go back." However if players know who the player is that "is too scared to fight"...

Yeah, people that are known will maybe not get attacked, or people that are noobs might even be selected as easier target than others.

like in patrol zones... do i attack Ram dinark or this HOG player?

+ screening would have been much easier, if you know who the regular PB players are, but i assume they removed screening so nvm.

Edited by Nixolai
  • Like 5

• Hostility changes

Could you give us a number. 

How much is it going to cost a small nation to stamp with any nation through a 50-point port to have a shipyard? For example. 

Edited by Espinaca

8 hours ago, the Kidd said:

Patch estimated time will be moved further. We do not want a rushed Titanic arrival and will take it slow.
To avoid any confusion on times we will slightly increase the lower and upper range of weeks when the patch can be deployed.
Old time 1 - 52 weeks
New time 12 - 54 weeks.

I mean.. the great news? At least we know this game will be supported for a year? :)

Real talk though @admin, keep your head up. Release it when its ready, If i could humbly suggest something though? Focus on quality of life additions to the game.. Looting needs to be looked at .. badly. (The AI constantly driving into the wind killing any chance of looting is getting old.. fast).. Might i suggest making it so once you get a kill it automatically opens up loot window to the person who killed it?

Speaking of killing.. might i suggest making "assist" count towards hunt/search & destroy missions.. so we do not feel punished for playing with our clan mates...

oh and on the topic of playing with clan mates... can we make it so that when we are in group we all zone into battle at the same time? having to maintain a battle group of 6+ players is really odd.. why 6? why not 2? its just weird.

okay that's enough from me for the day :P other than all that.. great job love this game returning beta player here loving what i am seeing..

thanks.

SLAY

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicksmithcc said:

Speaking of killing.. might i suggest making "assist" count towards hunt/search & destroy missions.. so we do not feel punished for playing with our clan mates...

It does count.

16 hours ago, Liq said:

Very good point. 

No names in OW and no chat in OW (and no chat with the enemy in battle! if you ask me). Much less salt and much better experience that way.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Riot stick said:

Only as 1/10 of a kill, even if I did almost as much damage as the player with the kill. There has to be a better way to do this...imo.

not really sure, I got 5 assists in the PZ with a gunboat the other day and that with the 18pd long cannon destroyed for mostly the whole battle only doing damage with the 68pd carronade:P I wouldnt say i was doing that much damage that i deserved all the assists, but ill take the total of 1,5 5th rate kills with a gunboat :P 

1 hour ago, Stilgar said:

Very good point. 

No names in OW and no chat in OW (and no chat with the enemy in battle! if you ask me). Much less salt and much better experience that way.

No, I am not playing a game with other players, because I don't want to talk to them.

Without chatting, I can play some game with some smart ai, no need for players then.

You should have the option to switch chat off, but it should be possible. And why not showing player names? Because people will run, when they see you? Do you want to get noobs in the battle for easy CM?

If you want to have such an anonymous game, why even showing names in battle instance?

Imo best is, when people can talk to each other.

Majority of these RVR changes seem a bit unnecessary and sort of like treating the symptoms of the disease....rather than the virus itself.  The virus being Zerg nations and the lack of incentive to not be in one.  Game supports the winner take all gameplay and destroying ports that you NEED to invest in to stay competitive.  Why take the risk of setting up shop to be in a smaller nation?

Screen has been made worse by caputrable 1st rate nukes and DLC redoubtables......as was predicted.  

Wish we could transplant the PBs of the finewoods days into the current games graphics and QoL features and just be done with it.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, admin said:

It does count.

even on PVE server? is this visible somewhere in the game where it shows us what fraction of a kill we are on? I am just wondering because I was told on the war server this is how it counts but on the peace server it is not like this.