Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information

admin

1 hour ago, Stilgar said:

@adminThis point seems to raise most questions / concerns. Could you please elaborate / provide a teaser of how this would work?

We will fix instant PB set ups. The hostility points will be generated first slowly then faster and will allow enough time to defenders to react. There will be no point to do 10 missions at the same time. It will become impossible to immediately raise it to 100% and it will become less relevant if you are doing hostility with 5 people or 250 people. 250 people will be faster but not a lot faster. 

Eventually as we have full ability now to track alliance vs alliance violence we can return OW hostility back too. But it will happen when hostility missions will be acquired differently. 

In addition to that points will be more equialized so all ports take somewhat similar time to set up a port battle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

Regarding new trees. Some players have inquired about their availability and effect on admiralty notes or admiralty made ships (for example imported ships)
Those new trees will not have a significant effect and will be rare and very expensive. They are not going to be widely available (but by their composition any professional crafter can judge what they will be as they are mostly variations of rare teak and rare strong oaks). They will be salted/seasoned from the start.

that will be 12 new item types

is it possible to increase the number of slots in the clanwarehouses?

this is already necessary, even without the new woods

• Like 6

1 hour ago, admin said:

Regarding new trees. Some players have inquired about their availability and effect on admiralty notes or admiralty made ships (for example imported ships)
Those new trees will not have a significant effect and will be rare and very expensive. They are not going to be widely available (but by their composition any professional crafter can judge what they will be as they are mostly variations of rare teak and rare strong oaks). They will be salted/seasoned from the start.

I’m hoping that these new resources are scattered around the map, not as drops, but as buildable forests, perhaps making now insignificant ports become significant.

Edited by Farrago
Clarification
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Aquillas said:

I took the time to read these 11 pages... 

As a consequence of this information, I'll uninstall the game. Cheers to all and thanks for these 5000 hours of playing.

But this is over.

Makes me sad too...even without knowing you in person :( 

But you should enlighten the Devs (and us) which points do you bother so much that you go this step...

So everything is crystalclear and there is no room for speculation... (even when i have an educated guess ...)

Edited by Sir Max Magic

3 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

No Chance mate  ... "Rare" means not from a buildable Forrest ... 

Not if it was an exhaustable resource that was only available in two ports on the map.

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

Not if it was an exhaustable resource that was only available in two ports on the map.

we already have (had) that.

no one uses it because we can just invest the resource....also because doubloons are a huge bottleneck now.

I suppose it "could" be effective, but we really never gave the actual mechanic a chance, instead of making it easier to gather for people, devs decided to just ignore it and add something better....kind of like a few things in the game at the moment.

11 hours ago, Sir Max Magic said:

But you should enlighten the Devs (and us) which points do you bother so much that you go this step...

I won’t develop that too much, because it is off topic and I don’t want to be negative against a game on which I spent so much time. Two main reasons:

Ships:

I am a user of small ships. Just have a look in my YouTube channel. Since the release, I used one time a 1st rate (NPC captured), one time Le Redoutable (by obligation, instructions received by the clan, and I got single shot bored about this brick), a few times Rättvisan (in screening), a few time L’Hermione and Hercules, one or two fights with Trincomalee. I have no slot free in any 1st, 2nd and 3rd rates. Two or three slots in Rättvisan, L’Hermione, Hercules. All slots in most 6th and 7th rates, except the bogged gunboat.

But there is no more content in game for small ships. I made, in the last month, a tour of all towns in game (377 towns), with traders Lynx, Lynx, Traders Cutters, Pickles… The last tour resulted in 15 fights, among them 8 were unarmed traders (I let them go, even the Indiaman, not to sustain a boring pseudo-fight), 5 were players trying to counter me in Connies, Redouts, etc. (so stupid!), and 3 fun fights. You have to “visit” 120 towns to get an interesting fight?

CLAN based game:

In real life, I have (ad nauseam) to organize, control, coordinate, build efficient teams, share and teach tools, check action results, etc. I have to report and ask reports, I have to receive and give instructions, I have to do all that things related to IRL jobs.

When I come in a game, my only whish is to get FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE. Not enslavement by a Clan. Not doing in the game what I have to do all day long in my job. But in Naval Action, you can build efficient ships only if you are in a clan. :( 

Naval Action is a RVR & CLAN based game. RVR means 1st rates, CLAN means second job. End of the story.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

I won’t develop that too much, because it is off topic and I don’t want to be negative against a game on which I spent so much time. Two main reasons:

Naval Action is a RVR & CLAN based game. RVR means 1st rates, CLAN means second job. End of the story.

Only thing I can advise here is, come to us on PvE peace server. You have all the independence there you could ask for. While staying in small ships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aquillas said:

Ships:

I am a user of small ships. Just have a look in my YouTube channel. Since the release, I used one time a 1st rate (NPC captured), one time Le Redoutable (by obligation, instructions received by the clan, and I got single shot bored about this brick), a few times Rättvisan (in screening), a few time L’Hermione and Hercules, one or two fights with Trincomalee. I have no slot free in any 1st, 2nd and 3rd rates. Two or three slots in Rättvisan, L’Hermione, Hercules. All slots in most 6th and 7th rates, except the bogged gunboat.

But there is no more content in game for small ships. I made, in the last month, a tour of all towns in game (377 towns), with traders Lynx, Lynx, Traders Cutters, Pickles… The last tour resulted in 15 fights, among them 8 were unarmed traders (I let them go, even the Indiaman, not to sustain a boring pseudo-fight), 5 were players trying to counter me in Connies, Redouts, etc. (so stupid!), and 3 fun fights. You have to “visit” 120 towns to get an interesting fight?

CLAN based game:

In real life, I have (ad nauseam) to organize, control, coordinate, build efficient teams, share and teach tools, check action results, etc. I have to report and ask reports, I have to receive and give instructions, I have to do all that things related to IRL jobs.

When I come in a game, my only whish is to get FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE. Not enslavement by a Clan. Not doing in the game what I have to do all day long in my job. But in Naval Action, you can build efficient ships only if you are in a clan. :( 

Agree, this not game for lynx, cutter, pickles pvp. How you held on this long 5k+ hours sailing those ships with very little content for them is beyond understanding, you very persistent😉.

Only i don't agree is rvr meaning 1st rates, plenty of shallow water ports to fight over.

Best of luck to you, hope you find way back to game and find it enjoyable again.

Edited by Tsiang Dao Ming

Well you just need to find the right Clan ... many clans outside there that are basically "ship building Clans" ... you can do what you want, mayba pay 1000-2000 Doubs a week/month ...

Ships:

CLAN based game:

A sad but not untrue summary dear Aquillas :(. The game-mechanics reward the meta-play way too much and do not even try to make different playstyles attractive. With the existing ROE and the fixed BR - whether the vessel is pimped or a green labeled one - it´ll be the same forever. Grind to get some Frankenships and call other players noobs while you smash their lesser vessels blindfolded. That we call then skill. Haha :(

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Could we capitalise everything properly on the UI please?

Hey Gregory, unless I misunderstood your demand,  this is made in the user guide! Please refer to https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/33234-naval-action-user-guide/

I'll update this guide again, adding the new China nation, flag and ranks (thanks to @qw569😳), and making some minor corrections.

I won't introduce the new woods (no data),and I won't give details on  the new RVR rules (I can't explain what I do not understand).

People having precise comments on the guide, please make it in the dedicated topic (above mentioned link). I'll see what I can do if this is not too much job.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

A sad but not untrue summary dear Aquillas :(. The game-mechanics reward the meta-play way too much and do not even try to make different playstyles attractive. With the existing ROE and the fixed BR - whether the vessel is pimped or a green labeled one - it´ll be the same forever. Grind to get some Frankenships and call other players noobs while you smash their lesser vessels blindfolded. That we call then skill. Haha :(

There will always be a Meta Playstyle. There were times where the Surprise was the super imba ship you could take on 1st rates with - 2016-2017. Now you can forget about that when its mast fall just by looking at it - which is good IMO, it shouldnt be able to achieve such victories

However nowadays wew got a "snow meta", being able to solo pretty much anything up to 4th rates. I wouldn't say there is no room for small ships. In the right hands they can still be deadly. Even one of the best players, dron, got swarmed by a couple snows in his wasa and lost.

But perhaps there should be a pure 7th rate Patrol Area - Maybe even also a pure 6th / 5th rate patrol area.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Will we finally MERGE the PVE with the PVP server?  

What exactly would be the point? Do you plan on eliminating the PVE server because the population on the PVP server has dropped again? I doubt that removing the PVE server will gain anything more than players never playing naval action ever again. Every time that a choice has been forced upon the players it has resulted in a net loss not a gain. The PVE server offers a respite from the overwhelming toxic nature that the PVP server has developed into. Remove this option and the only thing that is gained is an unwanted outcome.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Liq said:

There will always be a Meta Playstyle. There were times where the Surprise was the super imba ship you could take on 1st rates with - 2016-2017. Now you can forget about that when its mast fall just by looking at it - which is good IMO, it shouldnt be able to achieve such victories

However nowadays wew got a "snow meta", being able to solo pretty much anything up to 4th rates. I wouldn't say there is no room for small ships. In the right hands they can still be deadly. Even one of the best players, dron, got swarmed by a couple snows in his wasa and lost.

But perhaps there should be a pure 7th rate Patrol Area - Maybe even also a pure 6th / 5th rate patrol area.

5_1 Liq, thanks for the answer.  I was more aiming on the insane "specatlies" we can gift to our vessles without any affect on the battle-rating. Combined with the rules-of-engagement it is game-breaking. It is not ship-meta and I fully understand and accept that people don´t sail navy-brigs - well I do sometimes - but the game makes literally no effort to bring them to life as well on that part. Dear developer-team: you made the best game of the genre by far! But you also introduce plenty of bullshit in that most loveable game :). Kind regards, Gene

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Raekur said:

What exactly would be the point? Do you plan on eliminating the PVE server because the population on the PVP server has dropped again? I doubt that removing the PVE server will gain anything more than players never playing naval action ever again. Every time that a choice has been forced upon the players it has resulted in a net loss not a gain. The PVE server offers a respite from the overwhelming toxic nature that the PVP server has developed into. Remove this option and the only thing that is gained is an unwanted outcome.

Jagdgruppe14 knows this. He is just here for trolling and loves provoking PvE players by this reoccurring demand of his. We all know it's not going to happen. ^^

• Like 6

13 hours ago, rediii said:

@admin honest question. If hostility takes longer in future what is done so the defending nation can not just join the hostility in requins and shoot sails for 1 hour 30 min until the timer of the port runs out?

I'm also thinking that to make it fair people should be able to teleport to hostility missions too. I mean players defending the port should be able to do that after the mission is started.

Edit: Typo changing the context of the post.

Edited by Borch