Game-Labs Forum

AI npc might be getting a bit too hard for new players

if this keeps going on why would new players keep coming to play there should be a zone system for AI npc like there a zone for easy, medium, and hard modes zones has you go up in the zones the drop rate on higher tier items have a higher change to drop. it will help the new players and keep the old players who knows how to play and would like an harder AI npc.

I keep hearing that AI are more difficult. They are certainly more “skilled” than they were a few years ago but my experience is that if you are facing one AI in a ship of comparable class then they are certainly not that difficult. One player killing an AI fleet should not be easy nor should it be easy to kill a much larger class ship.

The problem is some expect to be able to easily farm much bigger AI with lower level ships.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cathal Brugha said:

Ultimately we can each only judge by our own experiences. I believe in one of the recent patches the devs did back something off of the AI. Perhaps they will listen to you and reduce them further.

15 hours ago, Farrago said:

I keep hearing that AI are more difficult. They are certainly more “skilled” than they were a few years ago but my experience is that if you are facing one AI in a ship of comparable class then they are certainly not that difficult. One player killing an AI fleet should not be easy nor should it be easy to kill a much larger class ship.

The problem is some expect to be able to easily farm much bigger AI with lower level ships.

Normal AI should be easy imo! Skull AI give decent fight! If you decide up front not to use repair, then it is hard when in equal ships. If a loki rune joines, then it is easier! xD
But normal AI should be easy. If you want more of a challenge Skull/elite NPC, Home Defence fleets and Epic events are there for increased challenge. 

not all players want to do pvp so even if its just for the pve server and it would help the new players get up to that level to do PvP because they can learn to go up the level of play for npc until they can do the hard and then do pvp then if they wanted.

The AI can snipe your stern at 600M and drop your hull down 10% with each hit AT RANGE.

They penetrate either side's armor and do core hull damage without taking your armor down... WITH MEDIUMS.

Elite AI should be able to do this, but there is no reason a standard Niagara should be able to penetrate a Hercules made of Live Oak/White Oak with a Cartagena Caulking upgrade on it.

NPCs are ridiculously OP and need to be buffed down a bit except for Elite. They're for farming XP and upgrades... not for wasting repairs.

• Like 1

What is better, being bored with "too easy NPC" or being challenged by "too hard NPC"?

I tell you, it's the latter. Because boredom is poison for any game.

And if they are too hard for you (or the noob respectively), you can still refrain from challenging bigger ships or even fleets of them and stay with smaller, if necessary single NPC ships.

So ...

(and always remember, you can repair, NPC can't...)

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

There should be 0 star missions that let the player fight a lower rate ship than the one being sailed, new players who sail a surprise are being pitted against trincs in missions and getting wrecked, unless you have the strongest ship of the rate they are simply too hard for new players in my opinion

• Like 1