Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

Sunken ships should only be lootable for the person that got the kill for a short/medium period of time after sinking, assuming there wont be a change in the way you loot to begin with. The way it is now leads to rage and tribunals.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Sunken ships should only be lootable for the person that got the kill for a short/medium period of time after sinking, assuming there wont be a change in the way you loot to begin with. The way it is now leads to rage and tribunals.

That is not what OP was talking about, althought that is valid point nonetheless.

egardless, I´ve been mentioning that row boat idea a lot in game, hope it will come through one day. Not only it would be great QoL addition, it would also add an immersion. There is no way captain would drag its 2000ton first rate against the wind when you only need to send its numerous row boats few tents of meters to pick the loot. It might take the same amount of time to ferry some bigger cargo, but if they would make it the way that time to ferry the cargo would be dependant on weight of loot, that would add another dimension to looting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trawn said:

That is not what OP was talking about, althought that is valid point nonetheless.

egardless, I´ve been mentioning that row boat idea a lot in game, hope it will come through one day. Not only it would be great QoL addition, it would also add an immersion. There is no way captain would drag its 2000ton first rate against the wind when you only need to send its numerous row boats few tents of meters to pick the loot. It might take the same amount of time to ferry some bigger cargo, but if they would make it the way that time to ferry the cargo would be dependant on weight of loot, that would add another dimension to looting.

Yeah i figured it was off topic but as you said this has been brought up in the past with no results. Idk if it will get changed anytime soon with the long list of things players want done and the devs actual list of things they want done so often being very different. Though i fully support the rowboat idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

is there a historical situation where someone has looted from a sinking ship? it would sound strange, but i understand it for gameplay. But it would give an even bigger reason to board a ship rather to sink it.

Stuff would float up to the surface that could be retrieved, sure.

Also, ships were sunk far less irl than in the game, so there's that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

the devs won't do it because they can't figure out how to make it work graphically, like with muskets.

what may work is preventing ships from sinking unless leaked. the crew would surrender at 0 morale.

why does it need to work graphically? (I don't disagree with your statement, I just think it's a dumb reason). 

Click "launch boat" and your crew drops by 20, click the target ship in the map, select loot, and off it goes doing it's thing put it on a cooldown timer of 5 min, and if you deselect loot before the timer is up, it aborts the looting attempt, otherwise, you get the loop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A long time ago we had an endbattlescreen, where the loot was automatically distributed at the end of the battles depending on the percentage of the fight. ... has been removed.

It is much more annoying to have to loot in a fleetbattle, not only that you are exposed to enemy fire while you are looting, from the remaining enemies and (!) the defeated ship and you can't even avoid it, no there is also the danger of being boarded by the sinking ship.
On top of that you often have to decide you engage the next opponent, or you go to loot the sunken ship and give up your good position for this.

I really wonder what is the deal with such a loot mechanic in a game which is based on ranged combat and positioning to the opponent.

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm, I know this dilemma of course. But I like it. Having to decide between loot and fight, that is part of the thrill. Undergo added risks when trying to get to the sinking ship...

It's part of our role as Captain to measure reward against risk and take appropriate actions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Holm Hansen said:

A long time ago we had an endbattlescreen, where the loot was automatically distributed at the end of the battles depending on the percentage of the fight. ... has been removed.

It is much more annoying to have to loot in a fleetbattle, not only that you are exposed to enemy fire while you are looting, from the remaining enemies and (!) the defeated ship and you can't even avoid it, no there is also the danger of being boarded by the sinking ship.
On top of that you often have to decide you engage the next opponent, or you go to loot the sunken ship and give ip your good position for this.

I really wonder what is the deal with such a loot mechanic in a game which is based on ranged combat and positioning to the opponent.

add coastal arty  and beached ships. Its easy to sink a beached ai, but looting it often makes you beach, too.

NA definitely needs a new way of looting (or the old end battle screen back)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shadowdamon said:

who goes into a group that would steal once found out you do not group with them anymore and any clan or anyone would not group with them too

it doesn't have to be stealing, also the distribution of the loot is time-consuming when all team members are already standing outside in front of the harbour and waiting for the next battle.

do you want to collect the loot from everybody after every battle, calculate what everybody has earned and then distribute it? ... especially when there was already an easier solution

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...