Game-Labs Forum

Sealed bottles

Sealed bottles are rare enough, but in my opinion they are a kind of reward for those, who risk their ships on the high seas.

Therefore I suggest, that these bottles cannot be found near ports.

The reason is that quite a lot are using their alts for afk fishing close to port's forts. So barely risking anything, but getting some realy nice stuff from bottles.

If they do the afk fishing in a place without protection, they shall fish even bottles. But high rewards shall not come without taking a risk.

• Like 1

I have fished alot .    Mainly to create Provisions for our shipwrights.   The Sealed Bottles were a pleasant surprise that raised a smile.  Often there is not much reward in the shipwreck, but getting a bottle can be like sunshine.  The prize in the Kinder-egg.  It's sad to think some players hate this action if it's near a port.

Perhaps an enemy AFK fishing could be viewed as an opportunity.    It's not too hard to rush in and rage board when a player is AFK.   I once lost a ship at the dock in Pedro Cay, in the time it took to make a hot drink.  The raider explained that had been easy to capture and sink me.    Check out this protected bay and its four forts.

I've heard players planning group raids to harvest AFK fishermen deep inside enemy territory.  That could be a risky and fun adventure on the WAR server.

I don't think ruining AFK fishing for bottles will improve the game.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 2