Game-Labs Forum

Thoughts about the end of US campaign please give us a choice?

doublebuck

I am not sure what the USA, did back then in that time period about all the Navy and Army things we could not afford to keep.  The player, by the time we finish The Chesapeake battle we have such a great Navy, (so many ships to count, plenty of money, plenty of rifles and guns and personnel, and a great amount of REP. I could load a save after the Chesapeake and sell everything I have and I would probably have well over a million or two in dough so what did the USA do back then and does this game reflect that?

The USA could have sold their ships and other things to counties like France, Spain, and England just to name a few. They could sell or melt down all the rifles and guns too. I can't think that they would have magically wiped them all out for a trifle gain.

In the game, we lost all the best stuff we gained throughout the campaign, sure the game gives us five ships and maybe 115K and I think 40 REP,  maybe it could be due to difficulty I am not sure but wiping out our great Navy was a sure disappointment.

I guess, I can understand by doing that it gives us a new challenge on how to handle the last three battles in the US campaign and I got through it so I am not complaining about that too much I am just pointing it out and I wonder about the reasoning and I would hope we could have some type of choice after Chesapeake, that maybe we could be given the opportunity to sell off all that we have gained and then roll into the last three battles using all that money we could then build our new Navy the way we would want too instead of the game just giving us those five ships? I don't think this would affect the balance of the game due to the scaling in this game? I wonder, what you all think about that?

OK, just for giggles: I was off on my 1 or 2 million guess.  Just after the battle The Chesapeake when in harbor I saved game. Normally at this point I would repair ships and set perks and stuff like that to get ready for next battle. What I did was repair all ships I had 16 war ships, 7 transport ships and 8 trophies.

I sold all trophies so I ended up with 173 RUP.

I transferred all my sailors into the Reserves so I ended up with 9,829 and the end stats for all of them were:

Intelligence = 58

Dexterity = 67

Strength = 36

Perception = 42

Will Power = 43

Endurance = 65

I also transferred all my officers that were on the ships to the Reserves pool so I ended with 95 of them.

I removed all guns and upgrades from the ships then sold all the ships I also sold all the guns that were on the ships and I sold all rifles and army cannons and mortars.

My grand total of money was 1,306,482.  Now everyone of us will have more or less than what I did there are so many variables that will play in this for each of us.

So my point is could you give us a choice after Chesapeake for I would rather have what I just showed you of what I did in a normal American Campaign to this point and I would prefer to have all that money to buy what I want to fight the last three battles instead of the game giving my five ships and a 115K and only 40 REP?  When some other battles end we get a choice to say fight a sea or land battle or they will give us a ship or money or different things so all I am asking is there a possibility we could have a choice to say convert what we have into money or you give us what you already give us an that is that the end?   

Edited by doublebuck
a word was wrong