Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

I am now exclusively a PvE player, and speak as such. I welcome one or two of the recent tweaks, however, I strongly hold that the following six main improvements would massively improve the enjoyability of the game:

1) Make the climate resemble that of the Caribbean. (Make the sea bluer, greatly reduce the length and frequency of storms, and give us proper sunshine, instead of this gloomy North Atlantic look.
2) Give us flags in the OW, and at least a couple of crew members visible on deck. OW flags were implemented beautifully in an earlier, but very similar game: 'The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt'.
3) Be more generous with the loot found on NPC ships. Too often, one defeats an NPC SOL, only to find a measly Loki Rune or Ship's Logbook on board (both of which are useless in PvE).
4) Rethink the crippling tedium of seasoning woods. It shouldn't take many (if any) tools or LH just to place wood in a seasoning shed. It would mainly just take time to season wood. It wouldn't be so bad if a ship built with (S) woods was sure to come up as a 4-slot or better. When it comes up as a mere 3-slot ship (which is most likely), all that grueling effort, accruing the (S) woods, is pretty much wasted.
5) Let admirals continue earning XP, but allow admirals to convert them to LH, CMs or doubloons.

6) Reposition a couple of the Patrol Events, so that they aren't such a waste of time.

Also: Why not use proper nautical terminology and call the "map" a chart, and make it look like an authentic 1790's sea chart (see pic)?

caribbean sea chart-sm.jpg

Edited by Aldeveron
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would add that groups be able to join a battle at the same time. This having to sail to the join circle severely hampers groups that want to join and use the time after neutralizing the target to practice sailing together due to BR locks. The having to sail around also is an issue as it leaves the tagger to fight a fleet alone for 2-3 minuets while the rest of the group sails to within range. So either enable group joins as it is on the war server or remove BR lockouts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raekur said:

I would add that groups be able to join a battle at the same time. This having to sail to the join circle severely hampers groups that want to join and use the time after neutralizing the target to practice sailing together due to BR locks. The having to sail around also is an issue as it leaves the tagger to fight a fleet alone for 2-3 minuets while the rest of the group sails to within range. So either enable group joins as it is on the war server or remove BR lockouts.

If you get 6+ players in group, you all join at the same time. If you join in lesser numbers, make sure you tag from the edge of enemy circle and your buddies from closest edge of joining circle. That way you spawn on exact same place, meaning nobody lags behind. Also the place where joining circl spawn is predictable and is governed by relative position of target and tagging player, so you can already be in place, when he tags to join immediately

 

Edited by Trawn
Clarifying statement
Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue i have was the reason I was given as to why the entire group does not join like they do on the war server. I understand the reason is so that players do not get dragged into a mission and attacked, but isnt that what the tribunal is for. How is making it difficult for the rest of the players a better option over a method of finding these players that want to grief other players. Beyond that, what prevents these griefers from just joining into someones battle and still doing the same thing? As for needing 6+ players, not everyone usually has groups that size at all times who happen to be in the same area. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good time to ease up on the grind, unlock the first 3 slots on all ships, normalize progression.

Crafters should be able to upgrade a ship from standard, purple, pink and gold. Too many ships were made uncompetitive statwise.

OW flags, hidden names but hailing ships of any nation to give and recieve personal info for a short time. 

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 4:02 AM, Slim McSauce said:

Crafters should be able to upgrade a ship from standard, purple, pink and gold. Too many ships were made uncompetitive statwise.

OW flags, hidden names but hailing ships of any nation to give and recieve personal info for a short time. 

YES

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Because if they can just upgrade a ship in port instead of having to keep building ships to get the one they want, the crafters will spend less time moving supplies to their crafting port.

The game has always favored the pvp players over all others. There were too many complaints by the pvp players that there were not enough targets in open world due to, capitals protection zones were too big, crafting was too easy, trade runs were too short...get the idea...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, Aldeveron said:

I am now exclusively a PvE player, and speak as such. I welcome one or two of the recent tweaks, however, I strongly hold that the following five main improvements would massively improve the enjoyability of the game:

1) Make the climate resemble that of the Caribbean. (Make the sea bluer, greatly reduce the length and frequency of storms, and give us proper sunshine, instead of this gloomy North Atlantic look.
2) Give us flags in the OW, and at least a couple of crew members visible on deck. OW flags were implemented beautifully in an earlier, but very similar game: 'The Pirate: Caribbean Hunt'.
3) Be more generous with the loot found on NPC ships. Too often, one defeats an NPC SOL, only to find a measly Loki Rune or Ship's Logbook on board (both of which are useless in PvE).
4) Rethink the crippling tedium of seasoning woods. It shouldn't take many (if any) tools or LH just to place wood in a seasoning shed. It would mainly just take time to season wood. It wouldn't be so bad if a ship built with (S) woods was sure to come up as a 4-slot or better. When it comes up as a mere 3-slot ship (which is most likely), all that grueling effort, accruing the (S) woods, is pretty much wasted.
5) Let admirals continue earning XP, but allow admirals to convert them to LH, CMs or doubloons.

Very good suggestion !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Raekur said:

Because if they can just upgrade a ship in port instead of having to keep building ships to get the one they want, the crafters will spend less time moving supplies to their crafting port.

The game has always favored the pvp players over all others. There were too many complaints by the pvp players that there were not enough targets in open world due to, capitals protection zones were too big, crafting was too easy, trade runs were too short...get the idea...

The would still need to use resources to upgrade the ships, so they would still need to move supplies to the crafting ports.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, Aldeveron said:

3) Be more generous with the loot found on NPC ships. Too often, one defeats an NPC SOL, only to find a measly Loki Rune or Ship's Logbook on board (both of which are useless in PvE).

I strongly support this. I feel ridiculed when all I find after a hard fought battle are useless items such as runes og logbooks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...