Game-Labs Forum

>>>1st April Update<<<

Nick Thomadis

Nice boys so we can start back from 1875? k? gud. More old style ships for us to play around.

Also it kinda makes sense anyways to be able to play with the very first ironclads and experience the evolution of ship design from that period (it also means mega campaigns from the sail game would be possible as well).

• Like 6

Although there is some jank to the mission, mainly when getting a bit close to the enemy, this needs to stay in the game.
It's a fun little pair of missions and would be a shame to not have it be available later down the road.

21 minutes ago, EVIL_IRISH said:

I'm having trouble as the Confederate ironclad. My shells cant seem to pen the monitors anywhere. The best I did was sink one by burning it but I ran out of time. Anyone have any tips??

Fire helps, but too slowly. Ram will sink enemy but you too. A good bet - flooding. I use one 9'' and few 8'' guns. Built one ship, six-seven knots, chose firepower option. Won the third attempt.

Yeah I also have some trouble with the confederate ironclad. She won't turn for me, even with the maneuverability mod, just slows down to stationary any time I try to order any kind of turns. Really great mission and cool ship but I've tried all four options and can't seem to get a win.  

On 4/1/2020 at 1:35 AM, Ninju said:

Thanks for the surprise! :)

BTW. Is the placement of the main guns on the IC hull is intentional?

interesting.jpg

IIRC on the actual ship they have a slightly larger guns on the bow and stern. One gun could use the first three firing ports.

Edited by FafnerDeUrsine

8 hours ago, Maty83 said:

Admittedly, playing as the monitor was incredible fun. But there was an issue when playing as the Virginia-esque ship (No chance of actually killing the monitors due to their magic anti-flooding measures)

What worked for me was lyditte powder and HE spam. Burned both ships with 9% of own hull left with engines and rudder damage (mostly due to a fire that was started in the beginning and due to few bulkheads went on unchecked for too long)

I concur on all points: this is great, and it's also damn near impossible!

I got luck(?) as the Monitor, sinking the Virginia with flooding. However I can't sink the monitors as the Virginia (I got one down to 0.7% structure due to fire with the other at about 50% - closest I've come).

So how to defeat the two Monitors:

Firepower way:

Displacement: 4900t; 6,5kn; Bh.: Many

Shells: Super heavy; Reduced ammo; Ballistite; Enchanced reload

Armor: 175mm belt; 175mm extended belt; deck and extended deck: 22,5mm; conning tower: 175mm; turret: 175mm; turret top: 27,5mm; secondaries:172,5mm

Armament: 2*1 254mm; 12*1 203mm

I won at first try.

More money way:

Displacement: 3850t; 7kn; Bh.: Standard

Shells: Heavy; reduced ammo; Enchanced reloading

Armor: Belt and ext. belt: 160mm; both deck 20mm; conning tower and turret: 185mm; turret top: 20mm; secondaries: 160mm

Armament: 2*1 229mm; 10*1 203 mm

Note: You will build 2 casemate ironclads. 2vs2-->easy win

Good Luck Admirals! 🙂

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone
these two boats are not a bad idea
but why waste your time modeling them if the period in question is not covered by the games?
or so and therefore even better! Yes ! this period American Civil War and until the 20th century will be in the game
and so now remains to develop the armored fregate and other last three masts and ships with sail and steamer which existed then

for exemple in french navy

gloire(1859.1883),  Aréthuse (1885-1899),bayard(1880.1910)

and  this  period have an big advantage,    no plane and no sub-marine (or real one) to be modellised

perhap more easy to create dynamic campagne

an idea,

and i like it !

Edited by liaxelot
more argument