Game-Labs Forum

>>>1st April Update<<<

Nick Thomadis

We have just updated the game offering various small hotfixes for the main game, and in addition we present two special missions that include two of the earliest and most famous ironclads, the "USS Monitor" and "CSS Virginia".
screen_1920x1080_2020-03-30_17-35-05.png

Read the details in our blog:
https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/1st-april-update-battle-of-the-ironclads

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

that include two of the earliest and most famous ironclads, the "USS Monitor" and "CSS Virginia".

Cries in La Gloire and HMS Warrior

On a serious note, will the game be expanding to cover 1860-1890? That would be amazing!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Ramming will not work unfortunately due to current evasion logic interference and very slow speed of those ships. We will improve ramming in next updates.

I actually managed to just ram the confederate trinidad, with miss brooklyn lol. But both ships slowed down to 0.5knots. Was funny in how i won.

The other missions i just ended both california and the ship with gunz. (thank god they had few bulkheads lol).

First battle seems was a tie as pretty much expected.

The best part is that the most damage done and the almost one-hit-sink was when one of the two deployed Monitors hit and full penetrated the belt armour (most likely under the waterline because it started sinking) the other.

It would be an absolute awesome moment, if that wasn't my fleet...

Well, at least I now know that friendly fire works. 😛 

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

I actually managed to just ram the confederate trinidad, with miss brooklyn lol. But both ships slowed down to 0.5knots. Was funny in how i won.

The other missions i just ended both california and the ship with gunz. (thank god they had few bulkheads lol).

same here I was circling around the confederate ironclad and my monitor was t-boned, but sadly for the other ironclad it caused it's own flooding which only took another below waterline hit to sink.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We have just updated the game offering various small hotfixes for the main game, and in addition we present two special missions that include two of the earliest and most famous ironclads, the "USS Monitor" and "CSS Virginia".
screen_1920x1080_2020-03-30_17-35-05.png

Read the details in our blog:
https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/post/1st-april-update-battle-of-the-ironclads

Ok, Im not going to lie at first i thought it was an April fools joke :) 

• Like 1

Well that was quite a rumble, I decided to pause the build of an Onodaga upon realizing I only needed one main turret, so reveling in that fact (having wanted monitor warships for quite some time, albeit not expecting the OG monitors) I went with and oldy but goody and built a standard monitor. 

And boy did she take a pounding, yet despite the pockmarked surface actually managed to comfortably dispatch the, uh, spanish? ironclad once safely steaming into spitting distance and landing some 12 inch hits below the water line. large.screen_1920x1080_2020-03-31_18-34-43.png.789dea131c759c81e2a461089baa312d.png 

The enemy seemed to expel a lot of fire power on the wheel house, does the AI target specific modules?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We will certainly try to include some ships to cover the early campaign period.

Frankly I was drawn to this game because of pre-dreadnoughts, this underrepresented era of naval steampunk awesomeness, which seemed to be "the thing" about this game, but it turned soon more towards WW2 stuff...Am I the only weirdo who is more hyped about some late 1800's beauty than Yamato?

Edited by puxflacet
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

Frankly I was drawn to this game because of pre-dreadnoughts, this underrepresented era of naval steampunk awesomeness, which seemed to be "the thing" about this game, but it turned soon more towards WW2 stuff...Am I the only weirdo who is more hyped about some late 1800's beauty than Yamato?

i am hyped about each equally, they all served their navies in the respective times well and we should look forward to them all.

• Like 3