Game-Labs Forum

Nice.

Galis

Finally a very capable developer that's interested in black powder era. You have no idea how happy that makes me as a huge history buff of that era. Basically, I just wanted to thank you for a game so early into development yet already so playable, after taking some risk to try out UA: Dreadnoughts I knew that investing into Age of Sail wouldn't be a mistake. I absolutely adore the idea of including land-based combat in that game, I honestly hope something similar will be implemented into Dreadnoughts though naturally, I understand how different it'd have to be to be accurate to tactics of the era, and how difficult because of similar reasons. But it just gives a game this another level of gameplay that really enchants the overall experience.

Apart from praises I just wanted to propose two ideas I had in my head when playing: 16th-17th century? In the end, the Age of Sail was quite a long period. DLC, free update, whatever, a full campaign in a completely new era of warfare (despite how little it changed through those three hundreds of years) would probably be worth to pay a few bucks for. Another thing: Paixhans guns? I wonder if the devs considered it, I know it kind of exceeds the current timeframe of the game which seems to circle around 1799-1800 since the first French paixhans gun came around 1822-1823 but it would be a cool end-game addition to your biggest vessel, since it wasn't a light piece of weaponry. 

All in all, thanks for a great game gentlemen and keep up the great work because I absolutely adore your boat-games. 

• Like 1