Game-Labs Forum

Thought came to mind about a certain type of ship.

Bluishdoor76

If ever added how would hybrid ships work? From what I know theres very few ships of this type making them a very low priority, only ones I can recall are Mogami, Ise and Tone class. What does everyone else think, would you guys like to have access to hybrids. I personally would love to see them in the game but as I mentioned its a very low priority as not many were ever built.

Battleship-carrier_Ise.jpg

Ise1944.png

Edited by Bluishdoor76
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaftoe said:

Complete waste of dev time. Not worth it at all. 

Maybe at a much later date. 

Can see why, specially since aircraft are still a very much "we'll see" and without aircraft they would end up as BB hulls with less deck space for armament.

Id still love to see them in game as they were a very unique type of ship.

Edited by Bluishdoor76

Not per se hybrids like this, but I would like to have more freedom to design ships that are a bit more unique/insane or combine several roles into one. Low tonnage cruisers with larger caliber guns for instance. 

I believe the main problem with this is the AI. It cannot cope with an expanded ruleset I fear.

• Like 1

The Japanese hybrid carriers were fascinating attempts to "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks." I mean, they were terrible at being fleet heavy units, and on the carrier side had all the power of the lightest "Jeep carrier." Perhaps this is unfair, as the concept was undermined by a serious shortage of trained pilots and effective fighters. Holding only roughly 20 aircraft, the only thing Ise managed to do was have a more effective reconnaissance arm, which indeed did help it avoid US sub attacks on a number of occasions.

Ise was desperate, crazy, a little bit of brilliant jury rigging, but ultimately unsuccessful as either a fleet heavy unit, or as a light carrier. It was a good try and an interesting footnote of naval history, but I doubt the game could support this.