Game-Labs Forum

Friendly fire incident

While I quite enjoy the fact that battles are more realistic in the fact that tight formations have the chance to blow each other out of the water, I am currently testing a cruiser battle to see if battlecruisers can actually turn the tide of a battle until a destroyer (apart of my fleet's screening force) decided to drop a full spread of 10 torpedoes at on of my own heavy cruisers because on the other side of it was a hostile heavy cruiser. With that said, is there a targeting algorithm for friendly ships so that they can avoid sinking their own ships in broad daylight? 

Torpedoes definitely should be treated as a special case. All ships should never fire torpedoes if there are friendly ship in their fishes' path. There should be a separate condition in the game's code specifically for that. 

• Like 1

Concur that AI ships should be competent enough to NOT fire torpedoes through a friendly.  This should not apply to the player, however.  In addition, if an AI ship fires torpedoes and THEN the player decides to alter through the spread...that's okay too.