Game-Labs Forum

Give traders a meaning

Right now trading is only to make some reals. People, who prefer to trade instead of PvP, are more or less only adding as prey for raiders to the game. (at least on PvP-Server)

I suggest to give them an important role in production and trading bonus.

A production port should be supplied with good to work properly, to feed the workers, etc.

Therefore I suggest that in ship building ports a certain amount of food has to be delivered to keep the bonus alive. For every stage of investment (level 1 to 4), a certain amount (maybe 500) of one kind of food (maize, tomatoes, livestock, garlic, etc.) shall be delivered each week. The owning clan and their friends shall see the progress in the port window. If the food cannot be supplied, the port bonus is not usable for the next week, if partly supplied, it can be partly used.

Example: A town has a port bonus of 4 and only 3 kinds of food are supplied in a sufficient amount. Then the ships, that are build in that week will have a port bonus of max. 3. The port investment will stay at lvl 4 and can be used the next week again, when 4 kinds of food are supplied.

As soon as the goods are sold in the port, they count to the supply, so you still make profit by supplying the port. The supply can be done by players, not on the friends list of the port owner or even enemies, though they won't see the progress of supply.

For resource production the supply should give a discount of 5% per supplied good on the LH needed to craft resourced, max. 20%. The discount shall apply to forge and workshop, too.

For trading the selling prices of all trade goods shall rise by 5% per supplied non-food trade good. Again, like 500 trade goods of one kind are needed to achive the bonus. The bonus shall be availabe to all people trading in that port to encourage smugglers, so some more PvP can be expected. Only trade goods that do not drop in the port itself shall count to the supply.

The amount of goods shall be counted weekly, to have enough time for the trade runs and allow weekend players to contribute to their countries effort in a most effective way. This will also mean that some kind of economic warfare is possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Therefore I suggest that in ship building ports a certain amount of food has to be delivered to keep the bonus alive. For every stage of investment (level 1 to 4), a certain amount (maybe 500) of one kind of food (maize, tomatoes, livestock, garlic, etc.) shall be delivered each week. The owning clan and their friends shall see the progress in the port window. If the food cannot be supplied, the port bonus is not usable for the next week, if partly supplied, it can be partly used.

Actually I suggested such system almost a year ago here:

Unfortunately developers still didn't give any reaction on it, besides that they have read it through

I would appreciate anything that adds more complexity to the game in terms of trade. But that means programming work for the DEVS and with the previous focus of development in NA, you can clearly see where the DEVS has its focus.