Game-Labs Forum

Players that disconnect when unhappy with teams.

Herminator

I have noticed that some players, when they feel they are not happy with MatchMaking or they "screw" up early, has a tendency to just disconnect.

Today, the game was pretty even with a Bellona on both teams, a Constitution on both and 2trincs vs 1, but 3surprise vs1 so evens out, and some Snow's and brigs and so forth.

But our Constitution "screws" up, rams the bellona, and says "Shit" on chat(don't blame him), and then just disconnects..... Ruining the round for the 20 others playing.

How can you report such unsportmanlike conduct and are there any "punishment" for being a douche?

best regards

Herminator.

The kind of game play in beta, will not be the same in the released game.  I see a lot of what you are talking about in World of Tanks (WoT), but is non existent in a open sandbox like Eve online, and this is intended to be a open sandbox similar to Eve.  But to your point, if there is a mission, where others can join and don't like what they see, and they log off?  That is a bit more difficult.  I myself, use public wi-fi, and there are times where it is sketchy.  I don't want to be punished for something that is beyond my control because of a random disconnect.  But as you said, that player made comments in chat that made it appear he rage quit, then there should be a means to report a bad player.  Enough complaints against that player over time, then the devs need to boot.

This is only my opinion.  There is no room in the deep blue sea for cry babies.