Game-Labs Forum
Aldeveron

Choosing location for seasoning shed.

Posted (edited)

Hi... I am about to build my first seasoning shed, having got the blueprint, plus a blueprint for White Oak (S) production. Can anyone offer any advice on choosing a location for it. (I ask, because I am not too sure what are the material requirements for building (s) woods. Tools are needed, correct? If so, then perhaps it makes more sense to build the seasoning shed in the same port where the tools can be acquired (bearing in mind the heavy weight of tools for shipping). What do you think? 

And if I later change my mind about where to locate my seasoning shed, and build another one in a different port, will I then need to acquire another WO (S) permit, for the new seasoning shed?

Many thanks.

Edited by Aldeveron

Hi Alde. The best posible location is port with labour hour discount activated (up to 40% saved LH). So in your case, San Juan is optimail (I have one there as well). Labour hours are the single biggest bottleneck of seasoning.

As for other resources, you need doubloons, tools and actual nonseasoned wood logs of said type. I am usualy just crafting tools via workshop tool blueprint, but if you would want to buy them, I think Cabo Rojo is the closes source from San Juan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trawn said:

Labour hours are the single biggest bottleneck of seasoning.

After all, it takes a lot of workers to stand around and watch wood dry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cathal Brugha said:

After all, it takes a lot of workers to stand around and watch wood dry.

LOL - good point! ;-))

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Trawn said:

Hi Alde. The best posible location is port with labour hour discount activated

Hi Trawn... Seems like good advice - thanks! :)

Edited by Aldeveron

do you need a new permit for every "batch" of s woods or do you learn the permit for multiple batches?

On 4/11/2020 at 7:47 PM, Hexxus674 said:

do you need a new permit for every "batch" of s woods or do you learn the permit for multiple batches?

you need a permit to build the shed, and then a blueprint for each (s) wood type. No permit is needed to make the actual woods.