Game-Labs Forum

Regional servers

2 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Not sure what part of: Then feel free to come up with your own suggestion that would limit/eliminate abuse, you're not comprehending.

My solution is viable, doable and quite frankly natural. What solution would you propose?

i propose you accept the fact that with player pop only allowing for one server that now has players from all around the world playing at different times

i would venture to say that the main reason you are upset has nothing to do with timers since you have clearly stated many times over various threas (Staunberg as well) that Denmark isn't interested in RvR or nation building

you are frustrated because the timers prevent you from coordinating with the russians to set 4-6 PB's against us at the same time with the full knowledge that sweden cannot fill them all, and then you capitalize on that by going into an empty PB and cap the port because we decided to prioritize other PB's

here's an example to illustrate my point:

image.png.8a87994eb0fba0abda96c189cdefa6b5.png

so as a solution, if your intentions aren't  to game the system and grief sweden, that sweden will have one port close to CS set on a timer that works for you

does that work for you?

2 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Actually it does not answer the guestion. One Pb does not change you hide behind Dodge timers. Thats his question.

lol - you guys are starting to look like a joke

read his question carefully - it states that sweden are hiding behind port timers for ports that are close to CS and what can admin do about it

sweden has port timer for you at viques that meets all of yoiur requiremnts and still you cry

what you really are asking is "can we force sweden to have PB timers at times that work for denmark, not sweden, so that denmark can coordinate with russia to set multiflips that sweden has no chance of defending them all"

if you are sincere in wanting a PB at a port close to CS that is at a timer that you can choose, then you have it - Viques - which having an open timer (screenshot above) you set at a time of your choosing, not ours

otherwise seriously, stfu and stop the crying

see you there

7 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Now where Sweden are true and have admittet it is dodging timers. I am fine. 
Now we maybe can spend time on the issue. Is it ok for a nation to use Dodge timers to, avoid fights.

You say you like a good fight with Russia, yeth your Dodge timers hurt them. To my knowledge they don't hide behind them. I would think, in a good spirit of a fair fight, you should fight them on egual terms. No Dodge timers. Thats the question.

image.png.0d977eedd427f871c4a11ef17580151c.png

where we differ is we don't have a problem with them setting a timer for when works for them - it is their right

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron

6 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

image.png.0d977eedd427f871c4a11ef17580151c.png

where we differ is we don't have a problem with them setting a timer for when works for them - it is their right

And yet, Sweden has admitted that the timers around CS is basically troll timers. Wasn't it @Liq who stated: Troll redoubtables, troll timers.

I don't know the MRGA clan, there is a possibility that they are in fact US tz players. CABAL and HAVOC isn't however. They are predominantly european and only uses timerdodging to avoid fights. I actually don't mind players using mechanics to their advantage, I just don't see the game being better for it - hence I suggest a mechanics change. The only solution, to get a playable game for all, is regional servers. IF you have a better solution, please feel free to come up with one that hasn't already been tested.

As for the no shows, well keep shitty timers, have a shitty time in port.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:50 PM, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Why to save the us, you are for one server, but with chinese you are for 2. There will allways be a zerg in this game, and I am not sure they will be so big. The war this game is about, where more an european thing, so not sure it would appeal chinese.

Actually I was talking about mechanic abusing and cheating, not zerging. 

On 3/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, The Rear End of Sauron said:

the servers were merged due to falling player population,

Do you have proof of why the servers were merged?   Lots of people complained about the low population after server2 was removed.

For those who remember: there was a clan or two, quite strong in RVR, on the global server which were made up of Chinese players. They were extremely dangerous and perhaps they will come back and light up the night. @chailang

Still, without alliances and with the frontline mechanic in place, there’s a limitation on what any new blood can do for some of these pressured nations. 

• 2 weeks later...

Asian player base is dead because of maintenance. I myself one of the last aussie playing am now going to walk away. good luck to all I might check in and see if this stupid maintenance get changed but until it does players will not return from our time zone.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Asian player base is dead because of maintenance. I myself one of the last aussie playing am now going to walk away. good luck to all I might check in and see if this stupid maintenance get changed but until it does players will not return from our time zone.

Devs never listened. Sadly. 

On 3/22/2020 at 6:55 PM, Lars Kjaer said:

It's been an age old discussion, one we've had since servermerge actually, but it hasn't been abused to the degree that Sweden is doing atm. We (danno-norwegians) has no nighttime fleet, so putting all timers around CS to nighttime effectively rules out DK/NG from RvR, at the same time the clans who holds the ports are admitting that it's to bypass Denmark-Norway in RvR and even bragging about their cowardice.

Being a norwegian player i dont see the problem, shouldn't you put the timer around the time you KNOW you have enough players to defend your ports? and even if that doesn't help, doesnt it indirectly mean you own to many ports and need to adjust to the situation? 

2 minutes ago, Staunberg99 said:

Try to take a look at the map, maybe around Christian area. Try tjeck timers on swedish ports. 
They can proberbly defend them, danes how ever have a little time try to get them back, since we don't have ppl playing at that time, and neither of us are going to get up in the middle of the Night for a game.

Pretty sure you wouldn’t claim danes have to many ports, neither we have put a timer on ports, where we can’t defend it.But basicly by Sweden moving ports out of the hours we can attack it, they basicly made us have no reason to try. So why even do RvR?

It is the game, but it it good for the game? What do you think abouth the mentioned situation.

the problem i see it is a population issue, maybe you should be able to pay an tax to lock down all sub ports and force the attacker to go through your main port first?

1 hour ago, Staunberg99 said:

In our case it wouldn’t change anything since the main port will be set to our Night time.

What we see in regard to the danes, is why I am in favor of a regional server. Thats why I started play on the EU, when I started play. Now I can’t do anything unless I get up to play a Night. That am I not going to do for a game. 
But lets see what devs comes up with. Think they have said we get a new RvR mechanic soon.

the regional servers wont work, people will still play whenever they can, with whoever they want to and on the most populated server.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

35 minutes ago, Staunberg99 said:

But on the old EU server, there where a time limit to Pb. But we only get it there will be enough players, and I see it now, Well proberbly have to be wait a bit.

what about the eu players that prefer to do rvr at night? not all work 0900 - 1700, many work shifts and prefer to play during night time if they have the option

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

My only issue with one global server is due to population imbalance. 

Because of EU population dominance, all other time zone are secondary and their RVR is an accessory to the main EU RVR strategy. 

But IMO, this is not a server issue, but a population one. Unfortunately, US est prime Time population is down to an average of 300  players only, and I don’t see how the non EU population can grow back to acceptable levels. 

I'm extremely ill atm but I'll give a comment:

There's a reason why almost every MMO has regional servers. US tz pop doesn't engage the EU tz pop all that much and if the only "engagement" that can be had is timerdodging and cowardly tactics to avoid fights in a warserver, then imo the games RvR aspect is failed. In the end it's a dev prob, one that should've been fixed before launch.

@admin if not regional servers, how then will you solve the issue of timerdodging?

4 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I'm extremely ill atm but I'll give a comment:

There's a reason why almost every MMO has regional servers. US tz pop doesn't engage the EU tz pop all that much and if the only "engagement" that can be had is timerdodging and cowardly tactics to avoid fights in a warserver, then imo the games RvR aspect is failed. In the end it's a dev prob, one that should've been fixed before launch.

@admin if not regional servers, how then will you solve the issue of timerdodging?

whines about timer dodging

has opportunity to set PB for whenever he wants

sets it during a "timer dodging" time and doesn't show up

image.png.936e51c31c3e7ea31135910ee75c69ad.png

enough said - rest is just danes crying the same old song

@lars on a non game related note i sincerely hope ya get better mate

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron

3 hours ago, Cpt.Birdy said:

We need the EU Server again and USA time zone. i hate that middle of the nite times is allowed. Its like No Lifers or Americans getting all the fun. ;(

You realise there is another half of the world that plays outside those time zones, right?

7 hours ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

whines about timer dodging

has opportunity to set PB for whenever he wants

sets it during a "timer dodging" time and doesn't show up

image.png.936e51c31c3e7ea31135910ee75c69ad.png

enough said - rest is just danes crying the same old song

@lars on a non game related note i sincerely hope ya get better mate

Im pretty sure Viques has night timer now, this bs you are posting is old.

See you didnt change either, since you are posting the same again.