Game-Labs Forum

PZ battle exploit

For simpler log finding:

Battle started approx 21.30 GMT.

Battle ended 22.15 GMT.

Location Nassau PZ.

Abuse.thumb.png.701ac3ac5bc7664b6edbc5cec180def0.png

My mates found a 2v1 soon became a 2v2.

We joined Prussian side making this 5v2.

Players involved Gregory Rainsborough + Sneakypanda vs RESOs Hermann Wilhelm + Captain Miracle.

Prussians DIDNT act till almost the battle end.

Sneakypanda boarded Grigio and get his Hercules. Gregory was sinking.

THEN the 2 RESOs sailed up (I was thinking as in chat that they wished to sneak the loot) AND THEN each one let the 2 SNOWs boarding them and surrendering giving them 2 new full ships.
I ordered my mate to stop any action as I did immediately. I advised that I will report this behaviour.
They kept fighting killing my mate and boarding (me on auto brace) mine.

Sincerely I consider this the worst abuse of game mechanics I ever witnessed in years and indeed I (not remembering any case) NEVER reported anyone to Tribunal (even if I saw plenty of censurable actions).

But this is really outside anything acceptable in my opinion.

I hope @admin, @Ink and other moderators and devs, after looking at battle log and having proof of that was what happened would consider a proper punishment because such a behaviour should be considered the most player base (any less known / new player) killing action: facing such a low action is pure game mechanics abuse thanks to older players reciprocal "friendship".

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, Ленин said:

Это репорт на кнопку сдаться?)

Это репорт на изменение сторон в битве. По суте дела пассивно-подлый green on green. Не хотели помогать шведам, так выходите из боя и ганкните их в открытом море, как все люди.

The two Prussian players d/c'd at the beginning of the battle.

The Prussians were upset that the Swedes had tried to ruin our nice 2v2.

Swedes thought they would get an easy gank but got rekt and lost their seasoned ships. They're salty about it, I get it but surrendering is part of the game mechanic.

From what I can tell the two Prussian players upon reconnecting started sailing towards us and we had no idea of their intentions, they surrendered next to us and we took the opportunity to get new ships.

Licinio's "mate" had one bar internal structure, he was dying.

We separated the engagement into two 2v1's, the pandora was demasted and couldn't do anything as the guy forgot rig reps by the look of it, one herc had been boarded by Sneaky and the other one was dying. Sneaky changing ship wouldn't have stopped them from dying as the herc he switched to prior to switching to the Surp was practically at full health.

I mean I wasn't in good shape, but I wasn't sinking and I could have escaped upwind repaired and come back in.

All the Prussians did was reduce the length of the battle as well as showing some gentlemanly behaviour by teaching gankers a lesson. Taking ships that have surrendered for our own to kill the remaining players more quickly is not a crime.

20200319222218_1.jpg

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The two Prussian players d/c'd at the beginning of the battle.

The Prussians were upset that the Swedes had tried to ruin our nice 2v2.

Swedes thought they would get an easy gank but got rekt and lost their seasoned ships. They're salty about it, I get it but surrendering is part of the game mechanic.

From what I can tell the two Prussian players upon reconnecting started sailing towards us and we had no idea of their intentions, they surrendered next to us and we took the opportunity to get new ships.

Licinio's "mate" had one bar internal structure, he was dying.

We separated the engagement into two 2v1's, the pandora was demasted and couldn't do anything as the guy forgot rig reps by the look of it, one herc had been boarded by Sneaky and the other one was dying. Sneaky changing ship wouldn't have stopped them from dying as the herc he switched to prior to switching to the Surp was practically at full health.

I mean I wasn't in good shape, but I wasn't sinking and I could have escaped upwind repaired and come back in.

All the Prussians did was reduce the length of the battle as well as showing some gentlemanly behaviour by teaching gankers a lesson. Taking ships that have surrendered for our own to kill the remaining players more quickly is not a crime.

20200319222218_1.jpg

I should not even speak with you.

The lowness of this dirty action speak for itself.

STILL you are simply lying.

This screen is prepared AFTER the end of the battle. You'd note that you got a Surprise as your fleet 0 CAPTURED - BY WHOM? granted we stopped playing? you simply destroyed it after battle. AND YOUR SURPRISE WAS AT ZERO STRUCTURE when you got the new surprise. May be you was repping BUT I remember well seeing you at ZERO structure so probably you were repping and this saved your ship... still NOT RELEVANT having next to you an almost full Renomee - BUT you got the Prussian one... you didnt capture IT. HE SURRENDERED as in the same screenshot.

I was so surprised of the outcome that Devs could check the chat log of the battle: when Prussians sailed (IN PLACE OF SIMPLY LEAVING THANKING GOD THEY DIDNT DC-ED IN AN ACTUAL 2v2) I joked they were getting the loot (and I could open fire on them for loot stealing - as per procedure approved by devs).

MOREOVER as soon as the "prussian" fired on my side I shouted "GREEN ON GREEN?" - again in chat log... thinking he was still PRUSSIAN... BECAUSE IT WAS SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE for you to WIN a boarding even if he was so silly to get boarded: you already fought a lenghtly boarding vs me: you were down to 145 crew and the Prussian was full.

AND INDEED the screen CONFIRMS HE SURRENDERED.

Can you explain WHY a player with a full ship SHOULD EVER SURRENDER NEXT TO A SINKING "ENEMY" - and WHY BOTH PRUSSIANS DID NEXT TO BOTH SNOW ships?

That said I think Devs can check the battle log files and reconstruct what happened and what doesnt. Any conversation with you is closed aside commenting any lie you'd dare to write again.

PS (edit):

This screen is clearly did WELL after the Battle ended because NO Surp lost its masts during battle. Make this better.

10 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

The points stands that we have absolutely no idea who RESO are

Lenin )

Don't know the full story but sounds shady. Heard of other occasions where players just surrendered in PZ Battles because they didn't like who joined them..

Sad

Edited by Liq
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom Farseer said:

Maybe the did not dc in your fight. I was not there, so I cannot tell for sure. They seemed to dc in mine a few days before, where we were on the same side vs some Russians bc they reactivated after about a minute. It might have been due to more Russians joining, making it somewhat balanced again. I can only draw from my own experience and try to extrapolate...
Although it now seems to me that they simply tend to stay on the sidelines in unbalanced fights because they don't like being part of a gank.

The points stands that we have absolutely no idea who RESO are and their reasons are their own. If they are active on this forum they might reply, if not we will probably never be enlightened by them...

they stayed sails down for approximately FORTY MINUTES.

As they dropped sails at start I supposed they dont want to fight on the "ganking" side. And it is fine - EVEN IF NOT COMMENDABLE: it's a PZ and anyone can join the "weak side".

As long as you have advantage you fight taking this into account so aiming to kill as fast as possible even getting damaged BEFORE someone could join the weak side.
In such situation is VERY unsport for your "side mates" to not fight: you can end seeing the mates damaged to sink fast the weak side... then 3 enemy ships joining in group in the middle of them... killing fastly them and THEN killing you 3v2.

Not intervening in a battle with full commitment is simply stupid and could be ending to be really un-sport. It's douable and fine if the "stronger" side are all together in a group and they TOGETHER choose to let a gank be a duel - as happened (and we paid that dearly because in that chance we got counter-ganked by duelist nation).

As I repeatly pointed the central question is: WHY IN THE HELL THE TWO PRUSSIANS SURRENDERED NEXT TO THE "ENEMY"?

And about Greg's suppose sportmanship, it's nothing. I clearly declared I stopped fighting and I dropped sails - also writing I'd report this misuse of game mechanics... and they kept fighting.

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Lenin )

Don't know the full story but sounds shady. Heard of other occasions where players just surrendered in PZ Battles because they didn't like who joined them..

Not sure if punishable really though

Surrendering happened when they could leave the battle: circle was shrinking and nobody tagged them.

WHY SURRENDERING?

Why, especially, surrendering NEXT to (one sinking) enemy ship aside to give him A NEW SHIP?

Honestly if even this is not punishable - well... it means this is a game of exploit. Dont think Italians in Sweden have not the numbers to do the same crap in PZ as elsewhere.

Simply it's not MY game.

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Lenin )

Not sure if punishable really though

Looks like they surrendered ships to the opposing side just to give hard time to the Swedes they happened to join. In principle, this is sort of indirect (or a rather perverse form of) green on green. Punishable or not, this is pretty lame.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Admin can check our logs, we said nothing to RESO guys. That's why we I ran away from them, I wasn't expecting them to surrender.

did you start playing yesterday?

Swedes were next to Prussians: you were running the Swedes with sails up, not the Prussians with sails down.

PS: your Surp was unable to run everywhere before Prussian intervention.

Try again. You're insulting yourself. I thought you're a good player a bit lame. Now I know you're a person unworthy any respect.

Edit: second auto-insult is making all thinking there're not means of contact among players aside the ingame chat and PM. Try again.

Facts are this:

Pirates tag Prussians.

2v2 starts.

Few shots exchanged.

Swedes join.

After a couple of minutes, Prussians d/c.

Pirates split up to create to two 2v1's.

Pirates practically kill one forcing him to run, cripple one by demasting.

Pirates team up.

Greg is not doing well so runs upwind to board Prussians and get new ship, Sneaky has moved to new Herc he took from crippled Swede.

Licinio follows Greg and does some damage but not enough to kill or to put him beyond recovery.

Prussians wake up, sail towards me.

Greg tacks to go through wind as a result of this, Licinio then practically kills Greg (this ONLY happened because Prussians sailed towards us).

1st Prussian surrenders next to Greg, Greg switchs ship.

Kills cripples running away downwind while Sneaky kills Licinio.

Sneaky would have killed you without switching ship but would have done so regardless as his new Herc was fully health.

Licinio would have been killed by Sneaky regardless of him getting new ship.

If Prussians had kept sails down, Greg would have boarded and got new ship anyway. Them upping sails is the only reason I took sufficient damage to put me in danger. You were chained down heavily and in Ren, I was making gains upwind.

Please, I know you're salty that the Prussians did what they did but you and the others would have died even if the Prussians had not reconnected and stayed sails down.

41 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Facts are this:

Pirates tag Prussians.

2v2 starts.

Few shots exchanged.

We joined in 2 minutes window.

Otherwise the Battle being same BR would close. No few shot exchange.

Try again.

After a couple of minutes, Prussians d/c.

You're supposing.

Still in Battle after 40 mins post-DC?

Try again.

Licinio then practically kills Greg (this ONLY happened because Prussians sailed towards us).

1st Prussian surrenders next to Greg, Greg switchs ship.

You had lower structure and sails than me and not a very fast Surp (LO/WO, right?). I would catch in anycase.

Then the point. Why in the hell should he surrend a full ship to a sinking "enemy"?

TRY AGAIN.

Note: why did you say previously (at topic start) you were crippled but not sinking but now you were practically sunk? Mirror free climbing is a difficult discipline.

Kills cripples running away downwind while Sneaky kills Licinio.

Cpt.Miracle did the same insta-surrender deliveroo ship to Sneaky.

Sneaky didnt "kill" me. I dropped sails and stop playing. He boarded me and I didnt do anything (auto-brace) as clearly stated.

Try again.

Sneaky would have killed you without switching ship but would have done so regardless as his new Herc was fully health.

Licinio would have been killed by Sneaky regardless of him getting new ship.

Are you sure a low crew Herc or Surp with no books vs a decent low damaged Renomee?

Try again.

If Prussians had kept sails down, Greg would have boarded and got new ship anyway.

How your 145 crew (you boarded me and even with full prep and marines you were unable to capture me) sinking surp would board a brand new Surp coming from upwind?

Not to say: why a the RESO Surp (top rank) should allow you to board while sinking... While he's not firing a single shot?

Try again a lot.

You were chained down heavily and in Ren, I was making gains upwind.

I repped sails (again) I was not heavily chained in that moment.

Try again.

Please, I know you're salty that the Prussians did what they did but you and the others would have died even if the Prussians had not reconnected and stayed sails down.

Me died? How? Facing 1v1 at worst  Herc (Sneaky) without books on a good shape Renomee close to rep again?

Are you kidding? Trolling?

Try again harder.

PS: why did you feel the need to stay in battle quite a lot to re-get your ship then rep her a second time, then demasting and sinking a prussian Surp you got?

For screen? Needing them to feel "good"?

Typos and corrections.
  • Like 1

I don't have anything to add but a question.

Isn't the mechanic so that in case of d/c, our ships will attempt to automatically escape? Or has this been changed? (I actually don't know if it's disabled in the PZ, haven't had the issue since I have danish internet.. as in - great internet connection).

Just now, Lars Kjaer said:

I don't have anything to add but a question.

Isn't the mechanic so that in case of d/c, our ships will attempt to automatically escape? Or has this been changed? (I actually don't know if it's disabled in the PZ, haven't had the issue since I have danish internet.. as in - great internet connection).

You cant leave battles in pz for 25 min, after that only if you got some distance from enemy ships and are not tagged. But under those conditions yes you will escape