Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle cooldown timer

Port Battle cooldowns  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should Port Battle Cooldowns be removed entirely?

2. 2. Should several nations be able to flip a port and thus have several port battles scheduled for a port, and each nation has their own cooldown? (See suggestion details below)

• No, just one port battle scheduled at a time, remove cooldown
    • No, just one port battle scheduled at a time, keep cooldowns
    • Yes, if nation A fails, nation C's port battle is still on
    • ^ Same, but if A wins, nation C's PB is also still on

The removal of the cooldown was such an idiotic move for such a trivial issue in comparison to other issues that the RvR system has like mission stacking for instance, an issue that can be solved and the public did show how but were ignored. Just horrible timing as well with COVID-19 running amok in most of our countries forcing people to be at home. There was close to 18 port battles today and that is just too much. A cooldown, cost, limits, must be placed are RvR. To remove it completely in such an abrupt and poorly timed manner without a temporary replacement system was just foolery. 

• Like 1

I’m wondering if the solution lies somewhere in keeping cool downs as they used to be but adding something like a 2-3 day process of removing clans from friends list. Of course, the rule about impeding port battles or green on green would stay in place.

Also perhaps adding to the hostility process to include like when we had to transport war supplies to a port to set the pb.

Setting a port battle shouldn’t be a grind, but it should be a meaningful gameplay activity.

9 hours ago, rediii said:

Or atleast get a cost of hostilitymissions in. Because right now you can just continue to set empty portbattles against your enemy until he doesnt bother anymore.

Together with Covid 19 a very frustrating time in NA is ahead for some people.

Wasn't that a swedish tactic at Hat Island? I seem to remember @Tac and co claim that it's a valid RvR tactic.. I mean it's the reason why I'm doing it right now.. Don't you care for it much?

huh.. wonder why.....

8 hours ago, Liam790 said:

@admin @Ink Can you please remove Basse-Terre Cool down. everything else in insta flippable yet this port we are having to wait?

Having said this, please look at the map, the number of non filled port battles over the last and next 24 hours, the number of ports whos hostility was partially raised and stopped. This is not healthy for your game. If this continues, i see a total withdrawal from RvR ahead. This is just not fun. There are no winners any more, just a constant schedule of uncertainty. 

Further to this, no one can set timers the day after they cap the port, so everyone just gets instaflipped the night they take something as they cannot change the timer pre maintenance as they do not technically "own it yet". This certainly needs addressing please. 

Pls see my remark to redii...

And Liam - you made your own bed. Now lie in it. Don't cry if it ain't comfortable enough.

1 hour ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Wasn't that a swedish tactic at Hat Island? I seem to remember @Tac and co claim that it's a valid RvR tactic.. I mean it's the reason why I'm doing it right now.. Don't you care for it much?

huh.. wonder why.....

When did i say that?

11 hours ago, rediii said:

Or atleast get a cost of hostilitymissions in. Because right now you can just continue to set empty portbattles against your enemy until he doesnt bother anymore.

Together with Covid 19 a very frustrating time in NA is ahead for some people.

Kinda makes me feel like we are back on the flag system with all the random flips and empty port battles.   It's just free now....

1 hour ago, Tac said:

When did i say that?

I apologize, I was basically generalizing. But tbh I don't see the difference between empty PB and hiding behind timers, which were the comment I was thinking about. Still, I should be more precise.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:37 PM, Tac said:

Yeah its all good you guys keep clicking redeem ,i'l keep clicking open chest as long as its a fun party i'm in.

NCCC timers for da win.

glorious.jpg.c1c8ac3d986ef278a87199d935e3aa90.jpg

On 1/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, Koveras said:

Actually I don't know if u read the OP, the only ones crying are HAVOC. We don't "need" San Juan. We "want" San Juan.

And we'll fight everyone who holds San Juan just because... Well this is a wargame and if you don't have anyone to fight, or any reason to fight, then the game gets a bit pointless.

As to port bonus' - well it's a crutch for the unskilled and a chasm for the new that they'll either never be able to cross before they leave the game or joins one of the already established clans. It's a discussion for a different topic tho so I shouldn't have brought that up in here.

As for fighting - well only ones crying about getting fights are HAVOC so I guess they just can't stand a fight when it comes down to it.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, Lars Kjaer said:

Hear ye! Hear ye!

The caribbean shutters as it now prepares for an onslaught of empty meaningless port battles!

The evil empire of cowards flipped Hat Island, as well as the settlement, only to either not show up (Hat Island) or sending a less than 900 BR fleet for the port battle.

This is simply rude, impolite, unforgivable. I'd consider it griefing and do a tribunal post about it if I had been HAVOC, but rather I'll give the swedish assholes a taste of their own medicine.

You feel like you can waste our time, inviting yourself over to meatballs and curry and then just be a no show? I had the girls up for it, the rum ready and the hello kittyING party decorations doesn't make themselves you know!!

So let it be known from hence forth:

Denmark-Norway will no longer consider any tactic too vile, any strategy too gamebreaking to punish these cowardly, no-showing swedes. Be ready for a PB near you - will we attend? who knows.

hello kitty off!

On 3/4/2020 at 9:44 PM, Spikes said:

3rf341.jpg

On 3/4/2020 at 9:51 PM, Lars Kjaer said:

Has Clan BOCAR ever been a no-show to a PB where we didn't announce it in global beforehand? Even defensive PBs we've either put up a team (even if we couldn't fill the BR) or announced that we wouldn't be there (see Samana and Bahia for recent examples). You can claim to feel however the hello kitty you want about us, but we've NEVER been so disrespectfull to other players time in NA. We respect our opponents - we don't hello kitty with their gametime. I knew Sweden were a bunch of cowards, but this is just a new low. Be prepared for empty PBs that's all I can say.

But since Sweden opened that box of shitcocolades we'll be sure to send massive amounts of boxes the other way.

I'm sure the game will be SO much better for it.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, Liq said:

lol crying about empty flips already? welcome to port battles. Maybe if we were a zerg as you call us we could have filled them :)  But as it was enough to annoy you id say mission success

cya at Marigot I hope then?

On 3/5/2020 at 1:15 PM, Tac said:

He didn’t, I did and I’m loving it.

More danish salt please, we even have money in our clan wharehouse for timers.

see how that works?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On 3/4/2020 at 10:12 PM, Lars Kjaer said:

Let's see who's annoyed in the long run.. We're not the ones with ambitions towards RvR..

Was I wrong?

EDIT: Keep sitting in port assholes.

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Man can you still look into the mirror? I think you lost reality. Take a break from the game or at least from the forums. The way you're talking is just disgusting. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I apologize, I was basically generalizing. But tbh I don't see the difference between empty PB and hiding behind timers, which were the comment I was thinking about. Still, I should be more precise.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Was I wrong?

Yes you are wrong,and apology accepted.

Carry on.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Man can you still look into the mirror? I think you lost reality. Take a break from the game or at least from the forums. The way you're talking is just disgusting. 

As long as you keep sitting in port battles and hiding behind timers, I'm happy :)

11 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Was I wrong?

Lemme get this straight...

You want us to adapt timers to EU evening tz. So you can properly octa - deca flip us again; so you can force us to devide our numbers, have a couple of noshows and focus on a few PBs while you leave the rest empty? As it had happened at the last penta flip (buena vista / Grind Stone / Cabo Rojo / Conttoy / Plym). Grind Stone and Buena vista were noshows. Yet you complain about empty flips.

lol

16 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

huh.. wonder why.....

No Lars it wasn't

you  and I had a discussion  specifically about Hat Island and The settlement _ Sweden set those Port battles against Denmark and had EVERY intention of attending.

russia "coincidentally" then set two port battles against us, one was Plymouth or Basse Terre and the other was Buena Vista

It was explained to you that Sweden cannot attend 4 PB's within the same 90 minute time window and our ports that Russia was attacking were strategically more important for us to defend than the two Danish ports we had set hostility against and intended to capture

though definitely not fun that shit happens - Russia had multiple port battles yesterday and Swedish captains were left sitting in empty PB's against Russia at Charles Town (which the Russians set against us) and San Juan del Norte (which we set against the Russians) - every sensible mature captain recognizes this

you don't - your response to this is to intentionally set port battles against the Swedish where Denmark doesn't have ANY intention of attending for the sole purpose of being able to gloat both on the forums and in global chat in game that you are hello kittying over Swedish captains by making them sit in empty PB's that you never had any intention of attending

all of the above is factual and there are screenshots of the empty PB's, the PB's for that day showing Denmark had no conflicting PB's to decide which to attend, and of your taunts in global chat

i want to thank you for continuing to show here in public your pettiness, your lies, your inner character - it isn't pretty

tagging a player in OW for a battle then having others join his side and you changing your intent to fight and sailing away is acceptable
tagging a player in OW for a battle and then sitting there for 90 minutes at distance tagging him just to hello kitty with him and waste his time is being a douche

tagging/setting a hostility mission for a PB with having every intent of attending is acceptable
tagging/setting a hostility mission for a PB with having every intent of attending and then having other nations set PB's against you where you have to pick and choose which to attend is acceptable
tagging/setting a hostility mission for a PB with NO intention of attending and NO other reason other than to hello kitty with other players and waste their time is being a douche

grow up

1 minute ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

It do seams Sweden want to keep messing up even a mechanic thread.Well guys, then I can join to.

We are not upset over a no show, not even that ppl flip it and do a no show. We are upset over ppl don’t say they don't come.

If Sweden at Hat Island had said, after they did flip it, and found out there where more important Pb to defend, they would do a no show, we get it and understand it.

But that wasen’t really what Sweden did. They said nothing. After we complained over it, Sweden told it was a smart move to tie ppl up. A brilliant tactical decission on there part.

we don't expect Russia to tell us which of their PB's with us they are going to be attending or not attending, and we respect that it is THEIR choice to choose which PB's are more strategic to attend

we also respect that it is their choice and NOT an obligation as to whether to choose to tell us or not 

you ally with Russia, coordinate with Russia for multi flips against Sweden, and then cry

again, grow up

2 minutes ago, TDK said:

Can you guys (both SWE and DK) keep your personal affairs out of a thread for once??? It's really not fun anymore to check the forums because it feels like every thread gets derailed into Sweden vs Denmark-Norway rvr situation.

I agree and I apologize - i responded in this thread to posts made in this thread

2 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

So in short. It is ok to set a Pb and not show up, if there is a tactical reason to it. Copy that.

So for us there is a strategic element on flipping port on Dodge timers. We get unlocked some ships safely and hopefully you get tired of no show Pb at Dodge hours.

Don’t think we anymore do no show in main time. Unless we have to make choises.

no - you are twisting my words (what a surprise)

i CLEARLY stated in my post here that it is understandable when there are multiple port battles at the same time that a nation has to pick and choose which to attend

I also CLEARLY stated and gave the reasons why setting a PB with no other conflicting PB timer to prevent you attending the ONLY intent of no showing to waste other captains time is being a douche

if you have a problem with other nations setting port battle timers at times that are allowed for in game and that we fill with players during that time (screenshots available upon request) then take it up with the devs in an appropriate thread

you say the PB time is inconvenient for you to have a PB at? - funny how that exact same time is convenient for some of you to show what douches you are by setting no show PB's at that exact same time you are complaining about

again, grow up danish manchild

4 hours ago, Liq said:

Lemme get this straight...

You want us to adapt timers to EU evening tz. So you can properly octa - deca flip us again; so you can force us to devide our numbers, have a couple of noshows and focus on a few PBs while you leave the rest empty? As it had happened at the last penta flip (buena vista / Grind Stone / Cabo Rojo / Conttoy / Plym). Grind Stone and Buena vista were noshows. Yet you complain about empty flips.

lol

When have I ever no showed before hat island?

You started the no shows, no live with them.

@admin what's the solution to timer dodging?

1 minute ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Hope you're enjoying your PvE, unlocked the 68th slot on Redoutable yet?

1 minute ago, Liq said:

Hope you're enjoying your PvE, unlocked the 68th slot on Redoutable yet?

lol actually I unlocked the L'Ocean, I hadn't really been bothered to do it, but host missions are actually a great way to do it!

10 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

how is it timer dodging if we fill the PB's? (again multiple screenshots of us doing so available upon request)

again, if you have an issue with the game mechanics of any nation setting PB timers to times it can attend and play the game as intended, take it up with the devs

ironically we set those timers so that we have a wider variety of times to ensure that we CAN fill our PB's and lower the number of simultaneous PB's thus lowering the number of PB's we would be no shows at

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron

Just now, The Rear End of Sauron said:

how is it timer dodging if we fill the PB's? (again multiple screenshots of us doing so available upon request)

again, if you have an issue with the game mechanics of any nation setting PB timers to times it can attend and play the game as intended, take it up with the devs

Exactly. There is enough US timezone players that have filled these PBs. Last night Danmark hit Road Town for the second day in a row close to 3 AM for most of us and we showed up. Doesn't help your case either Danmark never put a timer on the port to start out with. 

1 minute ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

There is multi surgestions to let clans deside what there main time is, and that they only can set timers in this time range.

Another thing admin said. It is up to the community to deal with Dodge timers and Dodge Pb. We do our little part by give Dodge timers no content. But they are good at grind ship knowledge at.

another thing admin said recently is that in the future there will be no no-show PB's

hope you like whatever solution they have come up with

i don't have anything further to add on this particular topic at this moment in time

ty